EmmNM

How did you meet?

71 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, EmmNM said:

We already sent in the K-1. Now what?

Then you can continue with the K1 process. I'm not saying K1s never are approved, but I do want to be honest in saying that it's not easy to get a K1 approval in Casablanca. If your fiance can answer the interview questions well and prove your relationship is genuine, you certainly have a chance at being approved. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

1 minute ago, RJandHamid said:

Then you can continue with the K1 process. I'm not saying K1s never are approved, but I do want to be honest in saying that it's not easy to get a K1 approval in Casablanca. If your fiance can answer the interview questions well and prove your relationship is genuine, you certainly have a chance at being approved. 

Thank you.

1 minute ago, missileman said:

If anyone says "Don't worry.  If you love each other, you won't be denied", Don't believe it!  It seems that you have identified some legitimate red flags which WILL be part of the CO's decision making process.  Age difference, different religions, "appearance" of hunting American women have all been cited in past denials within the past year.

My advice:  Front load and as many visits as you can possibly make are the preventive measures, imo.

Good Luck.

Thank you for your advice. I want to be prepared as possible.  What types evidence should we bring to the embassy? I wonder if I could go to the interview?

Timeline

The Casablanca consulate does not allow the petitioner to attend the interview. Once you are closer to interview time, the consulate will send you a list of documents your fiance will need to bring to his appointment. He'll want to bring some additional relationship evidence (photos, chat logs, ect). However, I will say that in Casablanca the CO often won't look at additional evidence during the interview (you can read interview experiences in Casablanca on the Morocco portal page here on VJ), and they will rely mostly on what you included in the I-129F petition package. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

Just now, RJandHamid said:

The Casablanca consulate does not allow the petitioner to attend the interview. Once you are closer to interview time, the consulate will send you a list of documents your fiance will need to bring to his appointment. He'll want to bring some additional relationship evidence (photos, chat logs, ect). However, I will say that in Casablanca the CO often won't look at additional evidence during the interview (you can read interview experiences in Casablanca on the Morocco portal page here on VJ), and they will rely mostly on what you included in the I-129F petition package. 

Ok. Thanks again. I know I'm getting ahead of myself but what happens if we don't get the K-1? Will we know their decision right away? Can I just go over there and get married if we are not approved and then refile? 

The Casablanca consulate does not allow the petitioner to attend the interview. 

for interview, i would suggest you be there with him. Even thou they don't allow you to be present, be there.  When you are there Give him your passport and make sure he tells the CO that you are there to support him and show your passport while he says so. 

This also shows how much you are invested and how much this means to you. 

Ok. Thanks again. I know I'm getting ahead of myself but what happens if we don't get the K-1? Will we know their decision right away? Can I just go over there and get married if we are not approved and then refile? 

If you are denied K1, Cr1 is only option coz once k1 is denied it's dead. 

1 minute ago, old-fella said:

for interview, i would suggest you be there with him. Even thou they don't allow you to be present, be there.  When you are there Give him your passport and make sure he tells the CO that you are there to support him and show your passport while he says so. 

This also shows how much you are invested and how much this means to you. 

I will try. Thank you.

Timeline
Just now, EmmNM said:

If you are approved, you will know right away. However, there is also the possibility that your case will need to be reviewed even after the interview (Administrative Processing or AP for short). AP is often given when additional documentation is needed. It can last anywhere from a few days to months and rarely, years. Recently they have been flat out denying/refusing people. If this happens, you'll want to wait for a refusal letter from USCIS before going and getting married. This is mostly so that they don't think you have 2 cases going on at the same time.

And you can try to give him your passport as suggested above, but I've seen at least 2 cases were people tried this and they were still denied.  Still it's worth trying if you do want to be there for emotional support. It's more important for your fiance to be able to prove himself and that he knows all of the detail about your relationship, and that he can explain the red flags that you have. 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

we met online also, but on a dating site...Stupid to say i wasn't looking for a girlfriend either at the time.  Things just happened and we are married now. Don't feel uncomfortable because the fact that you met online is not a crime, how else should you? Randomly hit on a tourist in Casablanca? Just tell the truth and good luck. If it wasn't a especific website to connect people to collect money from one or the other to engage them into a possible marriage, it doesnt qualify as IMBRA.  

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

If you are approved, you will know right away. However, there is also the possibility that your case will need to be reviewed even after the interview (Administrative Processing or AP for short). AP is often given when additional documentation is needed. It can last anywhere from a few days to months and rarely, years. Recently they have been flat out denying/refusing people. If this happens, you'll want to wait for a refusal letter from USCIS before going and getting married. This is mostly so that they don't think you have 2 cases going on at the same time.

And you can try to give him your passport as suggested above, but I've seen at least 2 cases were people tried this and they were still denied.  Still it's worth trying if you do want to be there for emotional support. It's more important for your fiance to be able to prove himself and that he knows all of the detail about your relationship, and that he can explain the red flags that you have. 

So if we go into AP I have to wait for a letter? What if it takes years like you said. Is there a reasonable amount of time of being in AP that we could just get married?

1 minute ago, Alabamak1 said:

we met online also, but on a dating site...Stupid to say i wasn't looking for a girlfriend either at the time.  Things just happened and we are married now. Don't feel uncomfortable because the fact that you met online is not a crime, how else should you? Randomly hit on a tourist in Casablanca? Just tell the truth and good luck. If it wasn't a especific website to connect people to collect money from one or the other to engage them into a possible marriage, it doesnt qualify as IMBRA.  

Thanks. That makes me feel a bit better.

Timeline

So if we go into AP I have to wait for a letter? What if it takes years like you said. Is there a reasonable amount of time of being in AP that we could just get married?

If you do end up in AP (which hopefully you won't), your congressman can often help get the case closed so that you can move forward. I think the consulate has actually been doing a little better (though just a little) with responding to AP inquires. Recently on VJ we've seen mostly clear approvals or denials, unless like I mentioned above, a document is missing so the case is under temporary AP. 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

If you do end up in AP (which hopefully you won't), your congressman can often help get the case closed so that you can move forward. I think the consulate has actually been doing a little better (though just a little) with responding to AP inquires. Recently on VJ we've seen mostly clear approvals or denials, unless like I mentioned above, a document is missing so the case is under temporary AP. 

You have been a big help. Thank you.

54 minutes ago, Tokenfreak said:

We met on a site call date in asia. I hope they don't think bad about this site during are interview.

Everyone else has suggested to me just include a lot of proof of relationship and make many visits. I think we will be ok. I'm more concerned now with over coming any other red flags.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.