Jump to content
glapsides

Interview Approved. When will Passport w/ VISA come?

24 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My interview was on May 24th.

Was orally approved.

The next day it went to AR (application received) from READY on the 25th of May.

Today is June 10th, and it is still in AR (application received) with last update date as 25th of May.

 

Any ideas guys? Similar experiences?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, old-fella said:

Did they keep your passport?

Seems you are in AP. 

 

You might want to call Embassy and see what is the scoop?

Yes, they kept the passport and gave oral apprival. I just don't have any idea when they will send passport. The consular officer said 10 business days. Today was 11th business day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, glapsides said:

Yes, they kept the passport and gave oral apprival. I just don't have any idea when they will send passport. The consular officer said 10 business days. Today was 11th business day. 

That's good news. I have no idea about Pak time frame for passport return. Why not contact the embassy and ask or wait? Contacting Embassy won't hurt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, old-fella said:

That's good news. I have no idea about Pak time frame for passport return. Why not contact the embassy and ask or wait? Contacting Embassy won't hurt

I did send 1 email a week ago and there was no response. And they do not accept phone calls for any type of inquiry. Just email. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, old-fella said:

That's good news. I have no idea about Pak time frame for passport return. Why not contact the embassy and ask or wait? Contacting Embassy won't hurt

I'm having the same problem, my Fiance was told that his visa is approved, and now its been 3 weeks and the case is in AP! i contacted the embassy and they told that its in AP which was no help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ap is a black hole. It can take 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year... no one has any idea about it. AP is when they are doing background checks. You can't do anything to expedite. Just simply wait and pray 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:52 AM, glapsides said:

My interview was on May 24th.

Was orally approved.

The next day it went to AR (application received) from READY on the 25th of May.

Today is June 10th, and it is still in AR (application received) with last update date as 25th of May.

 

Any ideas guys? Similar experiences?

It does take a lil longer, no timeframe. my brother got his passport with visa after 2 months.. however, I wish u good luck. just pray. there is no exact time once the case is under AP.

Edited by zdelshad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2018 at 11:59 AM, zdelshad said:

It does take a lil longer, no timeframe. my brother got his passport with visa after 2 months.. however, I wish u good luck. just pray. there is no exact time once the case is under AP.

Was he also applying for fiancee visa or another type? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, glapsides said:

Did they also give him oral approval on the day of interview and say "You'll get your passport in 10 business days"?

Not really, co said they would investigate then issue visa. But Alhamdulillah we got visa after 45 days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:55 PM, glapsides said:

Did they also give him oral approval on the day of interview and say "You'll get your passport in 10 business days"?

NOP,, DID NOT APPROVE AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×