Visitor User

Birth Certificate - RFIE - Will this Affidavit be accepted by USCIS? (merged)

61 posts in this topic

The KMC birth certificate always says "EXTRACT" on top of it.  I am not sure why they sent an RFE.  Was this a late registered birth?

The KMC birth certificate was the legal document at the time of the person's birth, so there should be no issue.  

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
23 minutes ago, pm5k said:

The KMC birth certificate always says "EXTRACT" on top of it.  I am not sure why they sent an RFE.  Was this a late registered birth?

The KMC birth certificate was the legal document at the time of the person's birth, so there should be no issue.  

It was not late. It was issued the same month I was born. It was a RFIE not RFE

I am doing 2 affadavit notorized and I also have the school leaving certificate. 

Getting the NADRA BC based on Union Council is still on.

Edited by Visitor User

The NADRA birth certificate will say "LATE" on it, since your birth is not in the NADRA database (your birth was registered with KMC, not NADRA).  This will not help you, it will only complicate things.

Here is what I suggest sending in:

1. Parents nikah nama (establishes that parents were married)

2. Your school records (matric, intermediate, university, etc), as they show who your father is.

3. Shanakhti card and passport (shows date of birth as well as father information)

4. Affidavits from relatives who can attest to your relationship with the sponsor

5. Affidavit from the parent stating that they have only been married once to [spouse name]

6. Affidavit from parents stating that you are their child

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

On 5/27/2018 at 12:41 AM, Visitor User said:

It says it’s the ‘Extract’ from KMC. It does say Birth Cert on top right.

Local Consulate in USA did provide it but I don’t think it will be accepted. Another issue I am having is that my NICOP has incorrect Day/Month. My birthday is January 10th but on the Card it says October 1st. 

Difference of 10/1 vs 1/10.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html

The above website lists what is a accepted. I am in a process of getting NADRA BC based on Union Counsil and the service I am using is Mamoo In Pakistan to get it. The estimated time to get the document is June 10th. I guess my Green Card will have the incorrect date? That can be corrected later though. 

You need to get your NICOP corrected.  The online process lets one do this as well.  Does your passport also have this error?  If your passport and your NICOP do not match your birth certificate, then you need to get both corrected.  NICOP first, and then the passport (which is based off of the NICOP)

Timeline
3 hours ago, pm5k said:

The NADRA birth certificate will say "LATE" on it, since your birth is not in the NADRA database (your birth was registered with KMC, not NADRA).  This will not help you, it will only complicate things.

Here is what I suggest sending in:

1. Parents nikah nama (establishes that parents were married)

2. Your school records (matric, intermediate, university, etc), as they show who your father is.

3. Shanakhti card and passport (shows date of birth as well as father information)

4. Affidavits from relatives who can attest to your relationship with the sponsor

5. Affidavit from the parent stating that they have only been married once to [spouse name]

6. Affidavit from parents stating that you are their child

NADRA did not exist in 1978 though. What option was there? The 'LATE' is fine I think because I am also doing 2 Affidavit with Notarized from my Mother and Eldest Brother. I will talk to my lawyer.

Is 'Non Availability BC' from NADRA better than LATE BC?

I also have a BC from local Pakistan Consulate in my State in USA but I don't think it is accepted.

I think it is best to re-send the KMC Extract with NADRA UC LATE as well as 2 Affidavit/Notarized and a School Leaving Certificate.

I do have Parent's Nikah Nama but that isn't the the RFIE is asking for it is acceptable in the Travel site documents.

I have School Leaving Certificate from Karachi (Shows Date of Birth and Father's name)

I have my Father's Pakistan Passport and his ID Card but it does not show MY DOB. However. my DOB is shown on my Mother's Pakistan Passport.

Only my Mother is alive from Parent's.

Not sure if Affidavit about married once will matter. I guess it does not hurt and I will talk to my lawyer about it.

Edited by Visitor User

Timeline
3 hours ago, pm5k said:

You need to get your NICOP corrected.  The online process lets one do this as well.  Does your passport also have this error?  If your passport and your NICOP do not match your birth certificate, then you need to get both corrected.  NICOP first, and then the passport (which is based off of the NICOP)

NADRA wants to see US/PP Valid Passport or Resident Card. Obviously, I do not have the US Passport/Resident card but my manual PP is expired as of 2015. My application for Smart NICOP is now Deferred and I paid for Executive which is the fastest renewal process.

NADRA clearly lists Supporting Documents as: BC, School Certificate as evidence. I am not sure if they will accept that. It was as NADRA Official error in assigning me a wrong Day/Month. Also, read in that website that no document evidence is needed for Day/Month correction.

My Day/Month error is ONLY listed on my expired NICOP. Everywhere else, my DOB is correct including Passport.

Edited by Visitor User

On 6/3/2018 at 10:51 PM, Visitor User said:

NADRA wants to see US/PP Valid Passport or Resident Card. Obviously, I do not have the US Passport/Resident card but my manual PP is expired as of 2015. My application for Smart NICOP is now Deferred and I paid for Executive which is the fastest renewal process.

NADRA clearly lists Supporting Documents as: BC, School Certificate as evidence. I am not sure if they will accept that. It was as NADRA Official error in assigning me a wrong Day/Month. Also, read in that website that no document evidence is needed for Day/Month correction.

My Day/Month error is ONLY listed on my expired NICOP. Everywhere else, my DOB is correct including Passport.

Do you have a valid visa to be in the US?  You can scan the visa and use that as proof of being overseas.  

As for supporting documents, I know many people who have sent in school certificates and had no issue.  

Edited by pm5k

Timeline
5 hours ago, pm5k said:

Do you have a valid visa to be in the US?  You can scan the visa and use that as proof of being overseas.  

As for supporting documents, I know many people who have sent in school certificates and had no issue.  

I have a School Leaving Certificate from Karachi. Clearly mentions by DOB in numbers and letters. I sent that in the NADRA Complaint Management System but can't track the ticket! I never get a link to my e-mail to see the status.

So...do you have a valid visa to the US?  DACA status?

If you don't have a valid visa, DACA status, or green card for the US, you may have difficulty getting a NICOP.  It may also cause problems with your pending petition...

Timeline
6 hours ago, pm5k said:

So...do you have a valid visa to the US?  DACA status?

If you don't have a valid visa, DACA status, or green card for the US, you may have difficulty getting a NICOP.  It may also cause problems with your pending petition...

Not yet. I am covered under the 245i Grandfathered clause.

Pending which petition? NICOP or I-485/I-765?

Ok, obscure situation.  Getting a NICOP should not be hard if you just show your KMC birth certificate, school documents, old passport, etc.  If you have an old visa that was used to enter the United States, you can send a copy of that and indicate that you are an overseas pakistani (not dual national).  If you have any document that authorizes your stay under this 245(i) clause, then you can submit that as part of your NICOP application as well.  

Edited by pm5k

Timeline
1 hour ago, pm5k said:

Ok, obscure situation.  Getting a NICOP should not be hard if you just show your KMC birth certificate, school documents, old passport, etc.  If you have an old visa that was used to enter the United States, you can send a copy of that and indicate that you are an overseas pakistani (not dual national).  If you have any document that authorizes your stay under this 245(i) clause, then you can submit that as part of your NICOP application as well.  

I submitted KMC BC, SLC, Old NICOP scanned ID, Medical Certificate, Pakistan Passport is expired as of 2015.

I have an expired I-94 on B-1 Visa entry which shows my correct DOB.

I have an ETA-750 that was filed before 4/30/01 deadline to DOL.

Local Pakistan Consulate in USA also gave me BC with correct DOB. 

Edited by Visitor User

Is the consulate birth certificate a NADRA style birth certificate (like the ones shown on mamooinpakistan)? 

Does it say "late entry" or anything like that? 

Edited by pm5k

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.