Visitor User

Birth Certificate - RFIE - Will this Affidavit be accepted by USCIS? (merged)

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

RFIE on I-485 Supplement A:

Submit an English translation with the applicant's foreign birth certificate issued by the appropriate civil authority. If the document is in a language other than English, you must submit a copy of the foreign language document and an English translation. If the birth certificate is not available, you must submit acceptable secondary evidence AND a letter from the government or other authority. Examples of acceptable secondary evidence may include, but is not limited to; church or school records, listing your parents' names and your date of birth; hospital records of your birth; or other official records indicating a country and record of birth.

Title 8 Code of Federal Regulations, Section 103.2(b)(2xii) states:
"'Where a record does not exist, the applicant or petitioner must submit an original written statement on government letterhead establishing this from the relevant government or other authority. The statement must indicate the reason the record does not exist, and indicate whether similar records for the time and place are available." It must contain one of the following:

o A legible seal o A legible stamp o A signature with a title containing the words: secretary, registrar or births and deaths Information on acceptable birth records for people born outside the United States can be found at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/enL,/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html.

My lawyer sent the Birth Certificate in English from Place of birth: Karachi, Pakistan. I spoke to my attorney and he said that was the 'extract' from Karachi Metropolitan Corporation (KMC). I reside in USA.

No RFIE/RFE was asked when I-130 was approved though.

Can anyone advice on how I can obtain my Birth Certificate? Is it from a Consulate/Embassy in USA? NADRA? I see couple websites offering BC service.

How were you able to obtain a KMC birth certificate at this time?  Did you recently get a copy, or was this one you had before?

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, pm5k said:

How were you able to obtain a KMC birth certificate at this time?  Did you recently get a copy, or was this one you had before?

That is the extract as it says and was issued in 1978 to my father. It does say 'Health/Form/'D'/1977-78/Birth Cert' on top right.

I guess this document was NOT enough to satisfy the IO.

Edited by Visitor User

So who is sponsoring whom?  Are you sponsoring your father?  

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

Timeline
21 hours ago, pm5k said:

So who is sponsoring whom?  Are you sponsoring your father?  

USC Mother sponsoring Adult Son, 21 and over unmarried.

Timeline

Anyone used Mamoo in Pakistan site services to get BC from Pakistan?  They seem to be the most reputable and reliable based on my research. Cost is USD $250.

There is also Chachu In Pakistan and another Facebook Page.

On 5/6/2018 at 9:42 PM, Visitor User said:

USC Mother sponsoring Adult Son, 21 and over unmarried.

Is the KMC birth certificate the only document you have?  Do you have an old B form, a FRC, or school documents (School Leaving Certificate, Matric, Intermediate, etc)?

Timeline
2 hours ago, pm5k said:

Is the KMC birth certificate the only document you have?  Do you have an old B form, a FRC, or school documents (School Leaving Certificate, Matric, Intermediate, etc)?

KMC is the only BC document. No old B Form nor FRC. I may have to look for the School leaving Cert (Probably not). Can I call the school and get it now? I wonder how long they keep it or maybe create one?

I have NICOP. Mother/Father's POC/CNIC as well my Passport and Mother/Father Passport.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I would recommend mailing them the KMC birth certificate again. They may have missed it in the stack of documents.

You can get NADRA birth certificate. The local Pakistan Consulate/Embassy should be able to provide this service.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Baz20 said:

I would recommend mailing them the KMC birth certificate again. They may have missed it in the stack of documents.

You can get NADRA birth certificate. The local Pakistan Consulate/Embassy should be able to provide this service.

It says it’s the ‘Extract’ from KMC. It does say Birth Cert on top right.

Local Consulate in USA did provide it but I don’t think it will be accepted. Another issue I am having is that my NICOP has incorrect Day/Month. My birthday is January 10th but on the Card it says October 1st. 

Difference of 10/1 vs 1/10.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html

The above website lists what is a accepted. I am in a process of getting NADRA BC based on Union Counsil and the service I am using is Mamoo In Pakistan to get it. The estimated time to get the document is June 10th. I guess my Green Card will have the incorrect date? That can be corrected later though. 

Timeline

It says it’s the ‘Extract’ from KMC. It does say Birth Cert on top right.

Local Consulate in USA did provide it but I don’t think it will be accepted. Another issue I am having is that my NICOP has incorrect Day/Month. My birthday is January 10th but on the Card it says October 1st. 

Difference of 10/1 vs 1/10.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html

The above website lists what is a accepted. I am in a process of getting NADRA BC based on Union Counsil and the service I am using is Mamoo In Pakistan to get it. The estimated time to get the document is June 10th. I guess my Green Card will have the incorrect date? That can be corrected later though. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.