Olivia2804

Interview date - Boston office

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hi Boston (or MA) residents, 

How long did it take for those of you who have already gone through the i-485 interview. How long did it take for you to get the date after your case was ready for scheduling?

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
On 6/11/2018 at 5:54 PM, John_Bee said:

My case went straight from "Evidence Received" to "Interview Scheduled." Got the notification on the 4th of June that it was scheduled for the 28th of July. Original application was filed in September 2017, though.

Ok thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My PD was Aug 25, 2017 , and status changed to “ready to be scheduled for the interview” since mid-September, 2017.  I had my interview at the end of March 2018, got the schedule notification about a month before the date. 

• 1 year later...

Hello! My interview will also be in Boston. I got the notification on e-mail that said "We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. " on October 8th, 2019. I've been waiting for the letter of my scheduled interview, but reading your cases now I know I shouldn't expect that letter until months from now. My question is what happens now? Will it  be getting the AP and EAD on the mail, or will I get an e-mail saying they were approved and they are on my way like a month form now? Im very interested on my AP-EAD and hope to get them this year. It looks like my AOS interview will probably be next year. Thank you so much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello!  We are also waiting for our interview.  PD is May 15th but we didn't get the biometrics until October 3rd.  Status changed to "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" on October 5th.  Waiting since then.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Luis P said:

Hello! My interview will also be in Boston. I got the notification on e-mail that said "We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. " on October 8th, 2019. I've been waiting for the letter of my scheduled interview, but reading your cases now I know I shouldn't expect that letter until months from now. My question is what happens now? Will it  be getting the AP and EAD on the mail, or will I get an e-mail saying they were approved and they are on my way like a month form now? Im very interested on my AP-EAD and hope to get them this year. It looks like my AOS interview will probably be next year. Thank you so much!

If you're going by the posts above yours you should take note those were all authored in June, 2018.  That's almost a year and a half ago.  A lot may have changed since then.

A short while back I did some polling of VJ people who were recently processed in Boston and had their interviews already.  I asked about their time frames.  Give or take 2-3 weeks, they all replied with roughly the same answer.  Now, keep in mind this was a VERY small poll... certainly nothing to hang your hat on... but it seemed they got an interview letter around 30-45 days after biometrics.  The interview date was something like 2-3 months after the interview letter was received.

Take this for what it's worth.  That was then this is now... anything can change... the moon could currently be in the seventh house... but I am leveraging their responses as a benchmark of sorts for my own situation.  I am not expecting my circumstances to mirror theirs but, in the absence of any reliable data, it's all I have to go on.

Maybe... maybe... maybe... we get our interview letters by November 30 (or maybe in the first half of December) and maybe... maybe... maybe... we have our interviews by the end of February and maybe... maybe... maybe... our spouses will have their physical GCs by St. Patrick's Day.  🍻

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.