724 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I will be filing N-400 in mid-July using the 3 year rule of being married to U.S. citizen while being a permanent resident. I still have pending the removal of conditions (I-751) but since it may take a while I will go ahead to start gathering documents and apply.

Please feel free to start the discussion of what documents to gather, tips, etc.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, qfbariza said:

Hi,

I will be filing N-400 in mid-July using the 3 year rule of being married to U.S. citizen while being a permanent resident. I still have pending the removal of conditions (I-751) but since it may take a while I will go ahead to start gathering documents and apply.

Please feel free to start the discussion of what documents to gather, tips, etc.

Thanks!

Let me congratulate you for taking the initiative. 

I have thought and suggested it to a few...but I take the back seat on this ride....on this one. 

Thanks! :jest:

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Good luck! I just applied online today while my I-751 still pending! I went for I-155 stamp to my field office today and the officer told me they prefer If people file online and to be honest it was very easy to do so. I was also able to pay with the credit card which was nice considering it's $725 :o 

ROC Timeline:

CSC

Date Filed:06/21/18

Bio:08/17/18 

N400 Timeline:

Date Filed: 07/02/18

NOA Online: 07/03/18

NOA in Mail: 07/07/18

Bio: 07/24/18

Interview: 07/12/19

We just filed my husband's N-400 online. You have the ability to upload documents directly to your application so have your piles of everything you think you may need ready. Beyond the obvious (marriage certificate, copy of my passport, etc) there is space to upload joint bank account statements, mortgages, photos together, and all your other supportive documentation. They do ask for a 5 year address history (even if you are filing under the 3 year rule) and a 5 year employment history with addresses and dates and the system requires you to make a complete timeline so have exact dates. It also wants exact dates you have been out of the US since you have lived in the US only (so this would be the three year rule if you are applying because you married a US citizen). All in all, the document gathering was tedious but the system worked amazingly well. It auto saves your responses and uploads and lets you go through and re-check everything before submitting. There is a 6MB max on each upload but we found the system struggled with more than 4.5MB. good luck everyone! Still waiting on our lifting conditions...We are EAC17284XXXXX Vermont filers.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone!

My husband is starting the process to submit the online form N-400. We had a concern as we are supposed to go to Ireland the end of October. If we file now can he travel out of the country if it's pending? Or will this automatically abandon his petition? Just want to make sure he doesn't submit the application blindly. 

I appreciate the help!

20 minutes ago, RomaSkirsky said:

Hi everyone!

My husband is starting the process to submit the online form N-400. We had a concern as we are supposed to go to Ireland the end of October. If we file now can he travel out of the country if it's pending? Or will this automatically abandon his petition? Just want to make sure he doesn't submit the application blindly. 

I appreciate the help!

As I understand it, as long as you have a valid green card or a green card with a 1 year extension letter then you are fine and can travel if you have an N-400 pending. We are going to Mexico in August and Grand Cayman in September and he is going home to see family in the UK in December.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jenny & Chris said:

As I understand it, as long as you have a valid green card or a green card with a 1 year extension letter then you are fine and can travel if you have an N-400 pending. We are going to Mexico in August and Grand Cayman in September and he is going home to see family in the UK in December.

Thank you! I thought that might be the case, I just wasn't sure since it's technically a change of status application. 

I appreciate the input. Happy 4th!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

So far I'm impressed by this online method! I got my receipt number right after I filed and now that I checked the status they even have the copy of NOA that they mailed to me and it's available for download. That's awesome. It also showed an estimated time for case completion which was 17 months (December 2019)!!!!! 

ROC Timeline:

CSC

Date Filed:06/21/18

Bio:08/17/18 

N400 Timeline:

Date Filed: 07/02/18

NOA Online: 07/03/18

NOA in Mail: 07/07/18

Bio: 07/24/18

Interview: 07/12/19

Filed: Timeline
21 hours ago, Jenny & Chris said:

We just filed my husband's N-400 online. You have the ability to upload documents directly to your application so have your piles of everything you think you may need ready. Beyond the obvious (marriage certificate, copy of my passport, etc) there is space to upload joint bank account statements, mortgages, photos together, and all your other supportive documentation. They do ask for a 5 year address history (even if you are filing under the 3 year rule) and a 5 year employment history with addresses and dates and the system requires you to make a complete timeline so have exact dates. It also wants exact dates you have been out of the US since you have lived in the US only (so this would be the three year rule if you are applying because you married a US citizen). All in all, the document gathering was tedious but the system worked amazingly well. It auto saves your responses and uploads and lets you go through and re-check everything before submitting. There is a 6MB max on each upload but we found the system struggled with more than 4.5MB. good luck everyone! Still waiting on our lifting conditions...We are EAC17284XXXXX Vermont filers.

Did you upload bank statements in a single Large PDF? Or uploaded one statement by one? They usually come as monthly statements so it would be around 33 if it is from last 3 years and you’re applying 90 days before

2 hours ago, qfbariza said:

Did you upload bank statements in a single Large PDF? Or uploaded one statement by one? They usually come as monthly statements so it would be around 33 if it is from last 3 years and you’re applying 90 days before

One...by...one. And I uploaded a smattering of each (like a statement every 6 months from each account).

45 minutes ago, Peachbythebeach said:

We (finally) applied online today even though we were ready to hit submit last night. Thought it would be fitting to file on the 4th of July. :)

Lovely and congratulations!!

We met on the fourth of July on vacation in Turkey...never know how life is going to work out:)

Hi Guys, I applied on July 3. My removal of conditions app is still pending. Expecting to receive it sometime in August. Also, I didn't apply for I-551 stamp yet as my extension expires end of September (not sure if I need to get I-551 stamp to extend my status further by a year yet). Either way I uploaded my expired green card copy and extension letter and filed online. One of the issues I see in the pdf thats generated later is under "Trips outside US" where it does not automatically calculate the number of days spent outside US (even though while filing it shows the number of days) and it does not check the "trips longer than 6 months" box to indicate "yes/no".It never even asks that specific question in the online app. Hope that's fine and they can calculate the difference based on start and end dates. If they send an RFE, it will be stupid as its the systems fault that it didn't generate proper pdf. Are any of you guys seeing that same issue where it shows dates but does shows blank for the 2 sections above?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.