JJ89

DCF In Mexico.

58 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jcon91 said:

Hi Jorge,

We got married, and now my wife has Mexican residency. We still have her k1 interview at Caracas embassy, but we are going to cancel that application since we are now married. We are now looking to apply for DCF. Do you know of any  guides that can help with this?

I also wanted to thank you for giving me so much information in a time when my wife and I really needed it. We both are extremely grateful to you. 

I wrote a guide after I did DCF last year, it's linked in my signature but here's the direct link: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico . It details the process from start to finish and should cover just about everything.

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2018 at 4:31 PM, Jorge V said:

I wrote a guide after I did DCF last year, it's linked in my signature but here's the direct link: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico . It details the process from start to finish and should cover just about everything.

Hi everyone, 

I've looked online a lot, and cannot find the answer to this question. Should I write N/A in all of those blanks, or just keep them blank? Thanks! 

ddddd.png

41 minutes ago, jcon91 said:

Hi everyone, 

I've looked online a lot, and cannot find the answer to this question. Should I write N/A in all of those blanks, or just keep them blank? Thanks! 

ddddd.png

There's a lot of discussion regarding that on here. I recommend using the search to find previous convos, but to summarize: The official instructions say that fields should not be left blank, and to instead write N/A or NONE. For multipart questions like 13.a - 13.f it is generally considered enough to write N/A (or SAME in your case) in only the first blank. If your PDF editor will not allow you to write N/A due to the slash, you can print it out and hand write N/A before mailing it. 

Edited by Jorge V

DCF Mexico

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 10:41 AM, Jorge V said:

There's a lot of discussion regarding that on here. I recommend using the search to find previous convos, but to summarize: The official instructions say that fields should not be left blank, and to instead write N/A or NONE. For multipart questions like 13.a - 13.f it is generally considered enough to write N/A (or SAME in your case) in only the first blank. If your PDF editor will not allow you to write N/A due to the slash, you can print it out and hand write N/A before mailing it. 

HI Jorge, 

I saw that in your guide you stated that you mailed your application to Mexico City USCIS. I got in contact with them about their mailing address and a very rude person told me over the phone that they are no longer accepting applications by mail. I have no choice but to take it to them in person. Have you heard of this? About how long ago did you send your documents in? 

Then even sent me an email at first stating that I could mail it in they also included an address, and now they are saying that I cannot.. Their website still says that they accept mail. 

Any idea how to go about this?  I really do not want to go all the way to Mexico City from Cancun.  Thanks.

Just now, jcon91 said:

HI Jorge, 

I saw that in your guide you stated that you mailed your application to Mexico City USCIS. I got in contact with them about their mailing address and a very rude person told me over the phone that they are no longer accepting applications by mail. I have no choice but to take it to them in person. Have you heard of this? About how long ago did you send your documents in? 

Then even sent me an email at first stating that I could mail it in they also included an address, and now they are saying that I cannot.. Their website still says that they accept mail. 

Any idea how to go about this?  I really do not want to go all the way to Mexico City from Cancun.  Thanks.

Just saw your sent yours out last year. Ignore that questions sorry. 

16 minutes ago, jcon91 said:

HI Jorge, 

Just saw your sent yours out last year. Ignore that questions sorry. 

There is certainly precedence for only accepting in-person applications. The Seoul, South Korea field office only accepts petitions in person. I do find it odd that they would suddenly stop accepting petitions by mail, though. I suggest you contact them again by phone and email and get confirmation. As you mentioned their website still says they accept mailed petitions, so it's worth a shot.

While it's certainly strange, it is possible that they only accept petitions in person now. You may want to mentally prepare yourself for a trip to CDMX.

Edited by Jorge V

DCF Mexico

If you can go to CDMX I would highly recommend it.   Someone told me about how they mailed their I-130 to CDJ in May and hadn't heard anything back. I made an appointment and left with a receipt and had the approval the  next business day.  It was a great relief to get it done and approved so fast.  And the person who had mailed it in got their approval back in about 60 days.  52 days after the USCIS received it.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

10 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

If you can go to CDMX I would highly recommend it.   Someone told me about how they mailed their I-130 to CDJ in May and hadn't heard anything back. I made an appointment and left with a receipt and had the approval the  next business day.  It was a great relief to get it done and approved so fast.  And the person who had mailed it in got their approval back in about 60 days.  52 days after the USCIS received it.

While I agree about the benefit of filing it in person, it seems that the person who waited for 60 days is an outlier. I mailed mine to CDMX on a Saturday and heard back from them that Tuesday. Most people who mail it get it approved 2-3 business days after filing. I think that person who waited 60 days should've contacted the field office long before then.

DCF Mexico

I just got back from my appointment to hand in my documents at the Mexico City uscis office. They acted very professional and kind. 

It is is true that they now require all forms to be submitted in person. I overheard about a situation they had where some individuals were committing fraud by telling applicants that it was necessary to have a lawyer when applying for spousal visa. In order to combat, they require all forms to be submitted in person and no longer accept spousal visa applications through mail. They're cracking down on fraud it seems.

I'll keep this thread updated as more information comes. 

On 9/19/2018 at 11:14 AM, jcon91 said:

I just got back from my appointment to hand in my documents at the Mexico City uscis office. They acted very professional and kind. 

It is is true that they now require all forms to be submitted in person. I overheard about a situation they had where some individuals were committing fraud by telling applicants that it was necessary to have a lawyer when applying for spousal visa. In order to combat, they require all forms to be submitted in person and no longer accept spousal visa applications through mail. They're cracking down on fraud it seems.

On 9/19/2018 at 11:14 AM, jcon91 said:

Noa1 and noa2 approved. I did not receive any confirmation in the mail, but I called in and they told me it was approved. 

Less sos than a week for both.  Now waiting for the letter from Mexico City in regards to the next step. 

4 hours ago, jcon91 said:

Now waiting for the letter from Mexico City in regards to the next step. 

We started calling CDJ at week 4 and got the case number by the end of week 6.  With the case number you can complete the DS260 and get an interview date.  We finally got the letter at week 9 after the NOA but were already done and scheduled.

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

6 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

We started calling CDJ at week 4 and got the case number by the end of week 6.  With the case number you can complete the DS260 and get an interview date.  We finally got the letter at week 9 after the NOA but were already done and scheduled.

Thanks for info Paul. Do you mean week 6 as in 6 weeks after your noa2 approval? 

I  mean the NOA2 date. In a DCF NOA2 means it is being sent to the Consulate not to NVC.  Also in a DCF the NOA1 and NOA2 are usually very close in. Ours was three days, two of which were a weekend.

When we called the consulate they were very nice.  If you stay on top of it you can move it along.  We just got approved today.  Our original interview date was 12/27.  Once you have the internet account setup and ds260 done you can check for new openings.  Do that a few times during the day.  After two weeks I had it moved up 3 months to September 25th.

13 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

I  mean the NOA2 date. In a DCF NOA2 means it is being sent to the Consulate not to NVC.  Also in a DCF the NOA1 and NOA2 are usually very close in. Ours was three days, two of which were a weekend.

When we called the consulate they were very nice.  If you stay on top of it you can move it along.  We just got approved today.  Our original interview date was 12/27.  Once you have the internet account setup and ds260 done you can check for new openings.  Do that a few times during the day.  After two weeks I had it moved up 3 months to September 25th.

The importance of this cannot be overstated. Filing DCF allows you to make and reschedule your own appointment (not sure if others can), potentially saving you months. My original appointment was for Sept 21 (last year), after checking the calendar every day and finding several cancellations, I was able to get it to August 15th, which was less than a month after receiving packet 3. 

Edited by Jorge V

DCF Mexico

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2018 at 8:01 PM, Paul & Mary said:

Thank you for the valuable information. Would you be able to pass me the contact for CDJ? I've been trying to contact them but keep getting the run around. Thank you Paul. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.