5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hi guys, so we have our AOS interview scheduled on july 10th, among the list of things we were asked to bring to the interview is birth certificates of all the children in our marriage including those who do not live with us.My question is ,my husband has an adult daughter (26y/o) who live in a different state must we ask her to send us her birth certificate so we can take it to the interview since my husband doesn't have it?my husband is claiming that requirement is for minor kids not grown children. Please advise.

Second question: we submitted my unexpired medical when we were filing for AOS,my medical examination expired in February of this year,should l do another medical examination to take to the interview even though in the interview appointment letter it was stated l should submit sealed medical examination unless l submitted medical examination when l was filing for AOS?

Thanks in advance. 

On 8/6/2018 at 10:02 PM, Lorani said:

Hi guys, so we have our AOS interview scheduled on july 10th, among the list of things we were asked to bring to the interview is birth certificates of all the children in our marriage including those who do not live with us.My question is ,my husband has an adult daughter (26y/o) who live in a different state must we ask her to send us her birth certificate so we can take it to the interview since my husband doesn't have it?my husband is claiming that requirement is for minor kids not grown children. Please advise.

Second question: we submitted my unexpired medical when we were filing for AOS,my medical examination expired in February of this year,should l do another medical examination to take to the interview even though in the interview appointment letter it was stated l should submit sealed medical examination unless l submitted medical examination when l was filing for AOS?

Thanks in advance. 

MEDICAL EXAMINATION IS GOOD FORO ONE YEAR IF YOUR IS EXPIRED , THEN YOU NEED CONTACT AN AUTHORIZED SURGEO AND HAVE A NEW MEDICAL

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2018 at 10:02 PM, Lorani said:

Thanks in advance. 

Hello, I am in a similar situation with the medical exam and not sure if I should get it redone or just wait and see what they say at the interview - how did it go for you? Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
On 8/1/2018 at 3:17 PM, Rose_3001 said:

Hello, I am in a similar situation with the medical exam and not sure if I should get it redone or just wait and see what they say at the interview - how did it go for you? Thanks!

We didnt get a new medical.btw the io did not ask us to produce any documents she said she had everything that she needed on file.she asked my husband to give her a short history of how we met until we got married. How many times he visited me,my mothers name, husband job and his date of birth,where and when  we got married,whether it was a small or big wedding,why  we didnt have a big wedding or any family member or friends present at the wedding. She asked me,where l work,our house address,the date l arrived in US,why l do not have a state ID or DL that's all then we offered to give her our joint bank statements, Bills medical insurance and a few new photos then she said she will mail the decision. It took her weeks to send the approval notice and then gc

23 hours ago, Lorani said:

We didnt get a new medical.btw the io did not ask us to produce any documents she said she had everything that she needed on file.she asked my husband to give her a short history of how we met until we got married. How many times he visited me,my mothers name, husband job and his date of birth,where and when  we got married,whether it was a small or big wedding,why  we didnt have a big wedding or any family member or friends present at the wedding. She asked me,where l work,our house address,the date l arrived in US,why l do not have a state ID or DL that's all then we offered to give her our joint bank statements, Bills medical insurance and a few new photos then she said she will mail the decision. It took her weeks to send the approval notice and then gc

Many thanks for your response - I'm glad it went well for you and that they didn't make you do a new medical exam. I'm hoping it'll be the same for me!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.