Brittani

Does he need to see another civil surgeon in the states before filing AOS?

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

@Brittani  Yours is perfect.

Baby shots waived with an A.

Flu waived for not in season

Varicella waived for "Varicella history"

MMR waived for "insufficient time interval"

Td received within last 10 years and dated. 

It is a Knightsbridge London thing to always mark Tdap or Td with an insufficient time interval because you don't need another tetanus except every 10 years. Kinda weird but they have always done it that way. This form is a newer version and is better than the last. It should clear up problems for Brits because Knightsbridge refused to mark anything on the results section before if you were K1. So Brits got nothing....not complete nor incomplete. The AOS adjudicators are instructed to look at your sheet and see if the shots are there even if the medical people failed to mark the results correctly. Well some apparently never actually read their manual and told people all kinds of things. This new form which says the K1 chose to get all shots will help in my opinion. It is like marking COMPLETE. Cross your fingers that you get a good knowledgeable adjudicator for AOS. But if they say anything, you will be there to point out that all the shots are there on that sheet. Also cross your fingers that your medical file actually gets matched up with you AOS. Some get lost and you are stuck doing medical all over. 

@LizM

Read what I said to Brittani about they are supposed look at it and figure it out even if the panel physician marks it wrong. Just hope for a smart one and don't be afraid to say " on [date] it was clearly not flu season but the nurse used the wrong code". 

4 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

@Brittani  Yours is perfect.

Baby shots waived with an A.

Flu waived for not in season

Varicella waived for "Varicella history"

MMR waived for "insufficient time interval"

Td received within last 10 years and dated. 

It is a Knightsbridge London thing to always mark Tdap or Td with an insufficient time interval because you don't need another tetanus except every 10 years. Kinda weird but they have always done it that way. This form is a newer version and is better than the last. It should clear up problems for Brits because Knightsbridge refused to mark anything on the results section before if you were K1. So Brits got nothing....not complete nor incomplete. The AOS adjudicators are instructed to look at your sheet and see if the shots are there even if the medical people failed to mark the results correctly. Well some apparently never actually read their manual and told people all kinds of things. This new form which says the K1 chose to get all shots will help in my opinion. It is like marking COMPLETE. Cross your fingers that you get a good knowledgeable adjudicator for AOS. But if they say anything, you will be there to point out that all the shots are there on that sheet. Also cross your fingers that your medical file actually gets matched up with you AOS. Some get lost and you are stuck doing medical all over. 

@LizM

Read what I said to Brittani about they are supposed look at it and figure it out even if the panel physician marks it wrong. Just hope for a smart one and don't be afraid to say " on [date] it was clearly not flu season but the nurse used the wrong code". 

So would bringing our copy to the interview help OR just going ahead and making a copy and sending it in with the application just to be on the safe side?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Brittani said:

So would bringing our copy to the interview help OR just going ahead and making a copy and sending it in with the application just to be on the safe side?

They should have the orginal in your file already along with the rest of the medical. Sending a photocopy of your photocopy (DS-3025) in your application just gives a reminder to whomever opens the mail that you have had shots so don't shoot out an RFE prematurely. 

If you think you may have a need to discuss shots at the interview, then having an additional DS-3025 in your hands will keep you from having to snatch the adjudicator's copy out of his hands. 😛

3 hours ago, Brittani said:

Yeah, I knew in their eyes it would have to be marked by a civil surgeon to count. I'm just going to tell him to get his updated records to bring once he comes over and finds a GP. I was just worried about whether or not USCIS would accept what he was given but looks like we're in the clear so weight off my shoulders.

For the record and just in case: I would go ahead and send a photocopy of the DS3025 in with your AOS. Just keep the following in mind... there are a few potential things that could happen:

1) Everything is fine, because everything IS fine, and no RFE.

2) Everything is still fine, but you get a newbie IO that sends you an RFE because they either don't know the rules or don't bother to look stuff up.

3) Everything is still fine, but your IO can't find your original file or can be bothered to look it up, or the DS3025 copy you send somehow goes missing so you get an RFE.

4) Knightbridge screwed up your vax form in some way (and it happens... it's a long story) and the IO says it can't pass, so RFE (remember you passed the medical so there is no need for a second one). 

The RFE would rarely if ever provide any clue as to the actual case.

In the last three cases, that would be the time you'd take your DS3025, proof of any new vaccines received.. and get the I-693 over to the civil surgeon. Go over the instructions carefully because for a K1 you only need the vaccine portion recertified and fill out only what is applicable in the instructions. Find a civil surgeon that understands how it's done and don't let one bully you into anything else. You'd reply to the RFE with the recertified packet. That's what we did when we got one, and we tossed in a explanatory letter regarding their own rules.

As others have said you don't need the second jab, but MMR has been making a surge back in the US, so it won't hurt to be protected for your own benefit.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

7 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

For the record and just in case: I would go ahead and send a photocopy of the DS3025 in with your AOS. Just keep the following in mind... there are a few potential things that could happen:

1) Everything is fine, because everything IS fine, and no RFE.

2) Everything is still fine, but you get a newbie IO that sends you an RFE because they either don't know the rules or don't bother to look stuff up.

3) Everything is still fine, but your IO can't find your original file or can be bothered to look it up, or the DS3025 copy you send somehow goes missing so you get an RFE.

4) Knightbridge screwed up your vax form in some way (and it happens... it's a long story) and the IO says it can't pass, so RFE (remember you passed the medical so there is no need for a second one). 

The RFE would rarely if ever provide any clue as to the actual case.

In the last three cases, that would be the time you'd take your DS3025, proof of any new vaccines received.. and get the I-693 over to the civil surgeon. Go over the instructions carefully because for a K1 you only need the vaccine portion recertified and fill out only what is applicable in the instructions. Find a civil surgeon that understands how it's done and don't let one bully you into anything else. You'd reply to the RFE with the recertified packet. That's what we did when we got one, and we tossed in a explanatory letter regarding their own rules.

As others have said you don't need the second jab, but MMR has been making a surge back in the US, so it won't hurt to be protected for your own benefit.

Thanks!

I'm really hoping we don't get any RFE however if we do we'll go with the flow. My biggest fear is like you said I'll get a civil surgeon that will bully us into making us get another full medical.

Timeline

Hi everyone,

My fiancee had her interview a couple weeks ago and she was approved. At  the end of her interview, the CO gave my fiancee á copy of DS-3025 saying she will need it when AOS is filed.

What it called my attention was that the Dr. Marked the box "Immigrant Visa or Parolee applicant completed vaccination requirements"  instead the box "K1 visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements"... Is it Ok???? As I mentioned before, this copy was given to my fiancee by the CO and her visa is approved...

Please let me know if It is ok as is or I need to contact the embassy ..

Also could you let me know if this DS-3025 med exam is completed to send when we file for AOS?

Thanks

Screenshot_20180606-112006.png

20180606_170756.jpg

Edited by Joselio

3 hours ago, Joselio said:

Hi everyone,

My fiancee had her interview a couple weeks ago and she was approved. At  the end of her interview, the CO gave my fiancee á copy of DS-3025 saying she will need it when AOS is filed.

What it called my attention was that the Dr. Marked the box "Immigrant Visa or Parolee applicant completed vaccination requirements"  instead the box "K1 visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements"... Is it Ok???? As I mentioned before, this copy was given to my fiancee by the CO and her visa is approved...

Also could you let me know if this DS-3025 med exam is completed to send when we file for AOS?

Thanks

Screenshot_20180606-112006.png

20180606_170756.jpg

First of all, DT is short for pediatric formation of diphtheria and tetanus. Not sure why they would give her that and not just Td/Tdap, which are for adults. But for immigration purposes I'm not sure whether this really matters, I only know the importance of the date being within the past ten years.

Additionally, there are no dates on the MMR. It does have a blanket waiver, but I saw a similar case with the 'D' waiver (not routinely available) and that person was recommended he/she needed to get those vaccinations in the US, where the vaccine would be available. That makes me unsure whether this waiver means waived forever, or just waived until in the US. Maybe someone else has more experience with this waiver though and can answer this better.

The fact that they checked the wrong complete box - probably will just be a matter of which adjudicator she gets when she files AOS. As someone mentioned earlier they are able to overlook obvious mistakes, which I think this is. But coupled with no MMR dates and no Td/Tdap makes me less sure.

h

Timeline
On 6/9/2018 at 2:09 PM, Joselio said:

Hi everyone,

What is missing is the MMR. The waiver "not routinely available" works for an immigrant visa like a spouse visa because they must have all shots done before the visa interview because they will get the greencard upon arrival in the US. A K1 still has to apply for a greencard,  so getting MMR in the US prior to doing AOS is the typical thing to do. Then a civil surgeon has to sign off on the immunization portion of the I-693. 

So if I was a smart adjudicator interviewing you, I would tell your fiancé to get the MMR and all shots put on an I -693 by a civil surgeon.  If I was a not too efficient adjudicator, I would look at that #2 "completed vaccinations" and wave you on through because I wasn't being very detailed or thinking much about the case. You might want to go with what you have and wait until the interview and see what happens. Save that civil surgeon expense and hassle for the end if at the interview the guy says she must get MMR. You might get lucky. 

The DT as mentioned earlier is a dosage for children. It is actually a stronger dosage of diphtheria component (capital D Instead of lower case d is the clue it is stronger.) It is possible that the Td is not available in Chili. DT works for immigration purposes and is not an issue. Hopefully the stronger dose did not make her sick. I couldn't get Tdap (adult weaker version) at the time of my visa, so my doctor gave me DTP (kid version) and it was fine for immigration. The USCIS manual does tell adjudicators any of those are accepted.

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline

Thank you @LizM and @Wuozopo ......I think I will send it as is and wait if (I hope Not) we receive a RFE. I really don't want to waste money and time in something we may not need. Also, It is my understanding that even if we do the I-693 now , it will be valid for 1 year so by the time of the interview maybe it will be expired...

regarding the box marked by the DR. "Immigrant Visa applicant complete...." instead "K Visa applicant complete ....." do you think it can be an issue??? My fiancee is going to pick up her passport from the embassy this Wednesday and I told her to ask them about it.

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Joselio said:

Thank you @LizM and @Wuozopo ......I think I will send it as is and wait if (I hope Not) we receive a RFE. I really don't want to waste money and time in something we may not need. Also, It is my understanding that even if we do the I-693 now , it will be valid for 1 year so by the time of the interview maybe it will be expired...

regarding the box marked by the DR. "Immigrant Visa applicant complete...." instead "K Visa applicant complete ....." do you think it can be an issue??? My fiancee is going to pick up her passport from the embassy this Wednesday and I told her to ask them about it.

That medical report got handed over to her at the embassy, but it was the panel physician who filled it out and the only one who can change it. At this point I think you move forward with what you have because with the visa issued, you are done with this leg of the journey with the Dept of State. Next stop is back with USCIS and adjustment of status.

If you read the information provided by USCIS on the I-693 forms page https://www.uscis.gov/i-693 it should help you.

Read the Special Instructions on the main page 

Read the form instructions linked near the top. On page 7 of the I-693 instructions find  "What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas? "

Timeline
1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

That medical report got handed over to her at the embassy, but it was the panel physician who filled it out and the only one who can change it. At this point I think you move forward with what you have because with the visa issued, you are done with this leg of the journey with the Dept of State. Next stop is back with USCIS and adjustment of status.

If you read the information provided by USCIS on the I-693 forms page https://www.uscis.gov/i-693 it should help you.

Read the Special Instructions on the main page 

Read the form instructions linked near the top. On page 7 of the I-693 instructions find  "What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas? "

Thank you, I will do it as you said it....

Timeline
1 minute ago, Joselio said:

Thank you, I will do it as you said it....

Also, I don't know if she never got MMR in her life or simply couldn't get records. But even if the interviewer accepts the waiver and approves the greencard with nothing further, being immune from Rubella is pretty important in a woman who may become pregnant. So aside from immigration and civil surgeon fees and hassles, getting an MMR somewhere  private (or a titre test for immunities if you think she had rubella as a child) would be a good move prior to starting a family.  If immigration let's you off the civil surgeon/I-693 hook, still consider an MMR for her personal need skipping all the extra government documentation and doing it only because it's a good personal plan for,a woman.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.