Jacque67

Trump calls for Russia to be readmitted to G7, threatens allies on trade

24 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, bcking said:

Is Russia letting go of Crimea and I didn't hear about it?

If not, I don't see why their exclusion should change.

Did the people of Crimea change their mind and decide they don't want to be part of Russia?

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

Did the people of Crimea change their mind and decide they don't want to be part of Russia?

That's right.  People forget that Crimea voted to leave Ukraine.  Russia did not just randomly decide to "take" Crimea away.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

4 minutes ago, Neonred said:

That's right.  People forget that Crimea voted to leave Ukraine.  Russia did not just randomly decide to "take" Crimea away.

Oh you mean the "referendum" that conveniently had 98% of people voting the same way, with 80+ percent turn out in regions where they had never had more than 50% turnout?

Russia is the pro when it comes to "fake democracy'. Hence all of the 98% votes for Putin. 100% would be far too obvious. 98% surprisingly fools plenty of people.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, bcking said:

Oh you mean the "referendum" that conveniently had 98% of people voting the same way, with 80+ percent turn out in regions where they had never had more than 50% turnout?

Russia is the pro when it comes to "fake democracy'. Hence all of the 98% votes for Putin. 100% would be far too obvious. 98% surprisingly fools plenty of people.

It was not a vote controlled by Russia.  But yes, a majority of the folks living in Crimea are ethnic Russians.  They were tired of the Ukrainian BS and inferior economic conditions.  They knew their life would improve as part of Russia. 

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

1 minute ago, Neonred said:

It was not a vote controlled by Russia.  But yes, a majority of the folks living in Crimea are ethnic Russians.  They were tired of the Ukrainian BS and inferior economic conditions.  They knew their life would improve as part of Russia. 

Oh ya I'm sure 98% all felt the same way...

The referendum was also held AFTER Russia took over Crimea...so we really only have their word that they "weren't involved" (which is highly unlikely).

The referendum was also held AFTER Russia took over Crimea...so we really only have their word that they "weren't involved" (which is highly unlikely).

So what evidence do you have that the election was rigged? Seems like a bad idea to come up with foreign policy based on a hunch.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

4 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

So what evidence do you have that the election was rigged? Seems like a bad idea to come up with foreign policy based on a hunch.

It was a referendum with suspiciously and uncharacteristically high voter turnout and voter consensus held DURING a military occupation where the vote was in favour of the occupiers.

It would be bad foreign policy to recognise referendums in those circumstances as legitimate...hence the expected (and deserved) international response to the referendum (not considering it legitimate).

If the Republic of Ireland invaded Northern Ireland and then a referendum was held 3 weeks later showing 98% of Northern Irish wanted to reunify with the rest of Ireland you can be sure people wouldn't consider that legitimate.

Maybe there was American interference.

11 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

I see what you did there :jest:

2 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Maybe there was American interference.

Well we do know one country that was present at the time, in the area, with their military, and had a personal benefit from the referendum.

But of course they must be innocent...

Timeline

Interesting to know that in the ten years prior to the exit by Crimea, when residents were polled abut this issue there was always a large majority that opted to leave Ukraine and join with Russia.  So the numbers may not have been in the 90's but always in the 70' and 80's on a percentage.  Same outcome.

Just now, Neonred said:

Interesting to know that in the ten years prior to the exit by Crimea, when residents were polled abut this issue there was always a large majority that opted to leave Ukraine and join with Russia.  So the numbers may not have been in the 90's but always in the 70' and 80's on a percentage.  Same outcome.

How were they polled and what was the turnout? I'm sure we are all familiar here with the errors involved in polling.

There is a reason referendums should be well controlled and free of bias.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, bcking said:

How were they polled and what was the turnout? I'm sure we are all familiar here with the errors involved in polling.

There is a reason referendums should be well controlled and free of bias.

http://avaazpress.s3.amazonaws.com/558_Crimea.Referendum.Poll.GfK.pdf

7 minutes ago, Neonred said:

Do you have surveys from before the Russian occupation?

Interesting also with even that telephone survey barely over 50% would have voted to join Russia if given all of the options...

Edited by bcking