Adam&Allison

What's everyones opinion on President Trump?

81 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Also  before you start to go around bashing "Yankees" remember that southern schools actively recruit northern teachers.

Some school districts and states do yes, but NC does not do that.  Most of y'all come here for high QOL and lower COL.

27 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Some school districts and states do yes, but NC does not do that.  Most of y'all come here for high QOL and lower COL.

Yes we do.. 

I hate to say it but Michigan (specifically) is slowly turning into a stereotypical southern States. 

That could be the reason why we voted trump last election 🤔 

I'm curious, what is generally regarded as the defacto line that separates Southern states to Northern states? The Mason-Dixon line? 

"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - John F. Kennedy

4 minutes ago, Adam&Allison said:

I'm curious, what is generally regarded as the defacto line that separates Southern states to Northern states? The Mason-Dixon line? 

It used to be but not really anymore.

1 hour ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

No doubt , just not enough to be significant. 

"Myth #5: Black soldiers—slave and free—fought for the Confederacy.

This argument, a staple among those seeking to redefine the conflict as an abstract battle over states’ rights rather than a fight to preserve slavery, does not hold up. White officers in the Confederacy did indeed bring slaves to the front during the Civil War, where they cooked, cleaned and performed other labors for the officers and their regiments. But there’s no evidence to suggest that significant numbers of black soldiers fought under the Confederate banner against Union soldiers."-History.com 

https://www.history.com/news/5-myths-about-slavery

So yes and no to your second assertion. 

The key to this is significant 

19 minutes ago, Adam&Allison said:

The top end of I-285 in Atlanta 

56 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I dont think they recruit them so, much as so many want to move South 

6 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

The top end of I-285 in Atlanta 

I did rep you then I went back and read that part so I took my rep back hoe. Trying to say those of us in TN and NC are Yankees is blasphemy.

31 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

This flag flew over slaves a lot longer than any other. Of course less stars 

Image result for american flag

Completely true.. 

I like to give it a free pass because at least it tries to admit it's faults. 

36 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

When was the last time you've been to a northern university? 

1 hour ago, Adam&Allison said:

I don't think there is such an exact line at least not one that can be defined like that anymore. Maryland wasn't in the confederacy, but boy oh boy.... it was a battleground of loyalty, one that shaped my ancestors too. Some of us consider ourselves solidly northern and the rest would be offended about that. I'd say you can even find parts in Pennsylvania that feel quite southern.

But just don't call any of us around these parts Yankees. We want nothing to do with the baseball team. :P

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

1 hour ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Yes we do.. 

I hate to say it but Michigan (specifically) is slowly turning into a stereotypical southern States. 

That could be the reason why we voted trump last election 🤔 

Must be the same reason most people from all areas of the country voted for Trump (fly over country) with the exception of some ultra liberal sanctuary city strong holds.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

8 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

Must be the same reason most people from all areas of the country voted for Trump (fly over country) with the exception of some ultra liberal sanctuary city strong holds.

"Ultra liberal sanctuary city strongholds"

Ok...

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Duly noted.

But it doesnt change the fact that the Confederates fought to preserve slavery.

I thought that was the democrats?  Or perhaps they are one and the same?

It’s ironic how much we focus on slavery in America (perhaps because it is OUR country?) when America came to the slave game very late, and left it very quickly.  Slavery of people (of all races) has been happening for thousands of years, and continues today in some countries (quite active, in fact), yet everyone seems to want to focus on a few years of US history still today.

Edited by IDWAF

1 minute ago, IDWAF said:

I thought that was the democrats?  Or perhaps they are one and the same?

Yes, the Democratic party were the ones catering to a certain demographic at that time.