Damirabouja

Case number

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello,everybody, I would like to know if my case is pivot or not please,and how can I know I am waiting for 7 weeks now I did not get my case number from NVC please someone who has experience?

Thanks 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Damirabouja said:

Hello,everybody, I would like to know if my case is pivot or not please,and how can I know I am waiting for 7 weeks now I did not get my case number from NVC please someone who has experience?

Thanks 

You can ask NVC operator on call whether your case will br pivot or non_pivot.

I just reached 8 weeks from the receive date today. When I called the technician pushed it up to a Supervisor for review which they said can take a maximum of another 6 weeks from now. I am hoping the case number will come in the next week or two.

Timeline

Ok Im a little retarded on this subject - can someone please tell me what pivot or non_pivot means.  Does it have to do with beinging married and bringing someone over - cause all the responders in this thread are just that and Im a K1.  Can someone school me on this

Thanks 

Edited by Mayi & MiMi

K1 Visa         DENIED 

Service Center :    California Service  Center
Transferred?        No
Consulate :        Morocco
I-129F Sent :        2017-09-25
I-129F NOA1 :    2017-10-03
I-129F RFE(s) :    2018-04-02; 2018-05-08
RFE Reply(s) :    2018-04-25, 2018-05-22
I-129F NOA2 :    2018-06-04
NVC Received :    2018-06-21
Date Case #, IIN, 
and BIN assigned :    2018-06-21
NVC Left :        2018-07-10
Consulate Received :    2018-07-13
Packet 3 Received :    2018-07-31
Packet 3 Sent :    
Packet 4 Received :    
Interview Date :    2018-09-04    

CR1 Visa         APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Mayi & MiMi said:

Ok Im a little retarded on this subject - can someone please tell me what pivot or non_pivot means.  Does it have to do with beinging married and bringing someone over - cause all the responders in this thread are just that and Im a K1.  Can someone school me on this

Thanks 

You can disregard the discussion about pivot cases, because as a K1 petitioner, you don't need to send any documents to the NVC (unlike CR1 cases). 

All you need to do once you have your NOA2 (which I see you received on June 4, congrats!) is start calling the NVC land providing them with your WAC receipt number. If they have a case number for you, they will give that to you. If not, you'll have to keep waiting and calling back. It's been taking anywhere from 2-4 weeks for the case number to be generated. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline

hello everybody, I am so stressed 8 weeks passed still did not get my case number from NVC,please i need you advises and help i am so mad about this situation because they keep telling me when i am calling 6 to 8 week and now nothing.thank you 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Damirabouja said:

hello everybody, I am so stressed 8 weeks passed still did not get my case number from NVC,please i need you advises and help i am so mad about this situation because they keep telling me when i am calling 6 to 8 week and now nothing.thank you 

Call nvc,tell them you have passed 8weeks

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Abies said:

Call nvc,tell them you have passed 8weeks

i called them they said we gonna talk to supervisor on Monday????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Damirabouja said:

i called them they said we gonna talk to supervisor on Monday????

Ok good but call them back on Monday 

Edited by Abies

Timeline

I call today about case number at NVC but nothing it is already 8 weeks passed, still they said they gonna talk to supervisor? What do I need to ?it is 8 weeks and 4 days. 

On 6/19/2018 at 3:30 PM, Damirabouja said:

I call today about case number at NVC but nothing it is already 8 weeks passed, still they said they gonna talk to supervisor? What do I need to ?it is 8 weeks and 4 days. 

I'm in the same boat, still waiting. I am a week past the 8 now or the first of 6 possible weeks with a supervisor reviewing it. I called Monday and they actually referred me from option 3 which I typically used to option 5 now which is for electronic cases and told me to dial option 5 from now on.

They said my case was partially entered but still no case number. All you can do is wait it out and keep calling unfortunately.

I am still hopeful in the next week or so something will happen, many people seem to generally say they've waited around 10 weeks or so.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Is anyone aware of an actual problem at the NVC? I have my case number, but the petition is still at the NVC, we're at 5 weeks now. 

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.