Laws1212

UAE Police certificate

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone here who worked in Dubai for 1 year or longer and recently went thru the interview in Manila been asked for UAE police clearance or did they let you go without it? Do they really waived it? Really worried about this, as i look up here some were given 221g letter due to lack of this document. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
4 minutes ago, SlawG said:

Has anyone here who worked in Dubai for 1 year or longer and recently went thru the interview in Manila been asked for UAE police clearance or did they let you go without it? Do they really waived it? Really worried about this, as i look up here some were given 221g letter due to lack of this document. 

Anything actually unobtainable is not required.  If it is obtainable, it IS required.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

22 minutes ago, SlawG said:

Yes, you will be asked for it because you can get a PCC from the UAE. If you do not have it then you will be given a 221g and be forced to get it to approve your visa.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings!

I used to be a resident in Dubai and Yes I was asked to obtain a Police Certificate during my interview in Manila. (but that was way before)  the last time I checked, I was surprised to know that they will only ask for it if you are physically present in the UAE. You might want to double check it with the US Embassy, in Manila.

Here is the link/reference: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/UnitedArabEmirates.html

Court/ Police Certificates

Available: Only if applicant is physically present in the UAE.

Fees:  Between 100 AED to 300 AED

Document Name: Police Clearance Certificate (issued by Emirates) or Criminal Clearance Certificate (federal) or Good Conduct Certificate

Issuing Authority: Federal Ministry of Interior or Emirates Police Departments

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: There are no special seal(s)/color/format

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: There is no issuing authority personnel title.

Registration Criteria: Emirates ID, passport, valid resident visa, and two passport-sized photographs.

Procedure for Obtaining: Police certificates may be obtained by any person, regardless of nationality, by personally appearing at the Central Police Headquarters located in the emirate of residence or former residence.  When appearing to request a police certificate, the applicant should provide biometrics, recent photographs, a letter from the requesting authority, the date of residence in the emirate, and their passport. Visit or write to any of the following:

Abu Dhabi 

General Police Directorate
Criminal Investigation Section 
P.O. Box, 253 Abu Dhabi, UAE 
Telephone: 971-2- 4461461

Dubai 

Police Clearance Certificate
Criminal Investigation Department 
Dubai Police General Headquarters
P.O. Box 1493, Dubai, UAE 
Telephone: 971-4-6096412/6096841
Email: certificate@dubaipolice.gov.ae

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The last post is correct as far as it goes but they left out this part, found lower on the same page.

Comments: Not available by mail. Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.