109 posts in this topic

Hey all,

First time posting and you've all been so helpful, thank you!

Are there any other San Fernando Valley AOS filers from Aug/Sep/Oct 2017 here? As the SFV field office isn't listed in the AOS Stats page here (why??), and the USCIS processing times keep changing (currently 9.5 - 22 months for SFV), I'd love to be in contact with others in a similar boat, as I'm hoping my interview notice arrives soon and hoping to not have to redo my medical. I know the backlog is nuts but it'd be nice to have some on-the-ground information :)

My timeline is:

September 15, 2017 - PD I-485, I-130, I-765 (didn't file for AP) (marriage-based AOS)

October 11, 2017 - Biometrics

December 13, 2017 - Received EAD (almost exactly 90 days)

May 25, 2018 - Received hilarious update email from USCIS that my EAD had been mailed out six months after the fact, as I know many others also received :lol:

As of today, June 5, 2018, still waiting to hear anything else. No RFEs or any issues.

June 15, 2018 - Will file for EAD renewal just to be safe (180 days before expiration)

Thanks so much everyone! Good luck! :)
Cheers,

Katherine

I-751 - Pending

PD: Jul 27, 2020 (California Service Center / WAC) w/ 18 mth extension letter

Biometrics: N/A - No request for biometrics, no notification of reusing fingerprints 

Office Transfer to National Benefits Center / MSC: Jan 5, 2021 & Jan 6, 2021 ("standard processing")

San Fernando Valley, CA (Los Angeles)

I-130 / I-485 - Approved Oct 2018
PD: Sep 15, 2017
Biometrics: Oct 11, 2017
EAD: Dec 13, 2017 (Didn't apply for AP)
EAD Renewal PD: June 19, 2018
EAD Renewal Fingerprint Review Completed: July 6, 2018
Interview Ready to be Scheduled: Jul 17, 2018
Interview: Oct 16, 2018

Approved - Card Received

AOS from O1 through marriage

San Fernando Valley, CA (Los Angeles)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for replying Zeal! Nice to find another SFV filer :) I mailed my EAD renewal on Friday and it was delivered to USCIS today. Make sure to file your renewal just in case. We might as well, seeing as it's free!

Keep us posted on any updates! Good luck! :)

I-751 - Pending

Biometrics: N/A - No request for biometrics, no notification of reusing fingerprints 

Office Transfer to National Benefits Center / MSC: Jan 5, 2021 & Jan 6, 2021 ("standard processing")

Approved - Card Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline

We filed on May 31st, 2017. We had the interview on June 9th on Saturday morning. Our case took around 11 months from filing. San Fernando is pretty nice place and not crowded if you are scheduled for Saturdays. Interview was short but we were given RFE for expired Medical Exam. We already sent new one last Friday. Waiting for update to our case. 

@KathCali, I am not yet eligible for EAD renewal as 120 days before my expiry date says 9th August, My EAD expires 7th December. Nice to see someone close to my case to talk to, based on @Mmagic case i think we should get booked soon for interview but its obvious we will need a new Medical Exam.

@Mmagic thanks for commenting, Let us know when you receive any update.. 

1 hour ago, Zeal said:

@KathCali, I am not yet eligible for EAD renewal as 120 days before my expiry date says 9th August, My EAD expires 7th December. Nice to see someone close to my case to talk to, based on @Mmagic case i think we should get booked soon for interview but its obvious we will need a new Medical Exam.

@Mmagic thanks for commenting, Let us know when you receive any update.. 

The earliest you can file is now 180 days prior to the expiration date! Mine expires December 15 and I mailed my renewal on June 15, exactly 180 days before. It was accepted :)  I would do it ASAP as the processing times for EAD renewals with a pending I-485 are four to six months according to USCIS.

I-751 - Pending

Approved - Card Received

On 6/21/2018 at 2:41 PM, Mmagic said:

We filed on May 31st, 2017. We had the interview on June 9th on Saturday morning. Our case took around 11 months from filing. San Fernando is pretty nice place and not crowded if you are scheduled for Saturdays. Interview was short but we were given RFE for expired Medical Exam. We already sent new one last Friday. Waiting for update to our case. 

This is so helpful to have a timeline from this office! Thank you! 

I-751 - Pending

Approved - Card Received

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Zeal said:

Hi @KathCali, How is everything , did you get any updates yet ?, about the EAD renewal the website is saying its $485, how do i qualify for a free renewal for a pending case 

My case updated to ready to schedule interview on July 17 but nothing since. Hoping for a letter very soon!

The I-765 instructions say what to do - include copy of I-797 for proof of pending I-485, copy of current EAD, and file it in category c9 😊

I-751 - Pending

Approved - Card Received

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Hi you all, happy to read from other San Fernando Valley filers!!:) 

My case got accepted on August 4th 2017, did the biometrics and was scheduled for a being in line for a interview since September 19th. In April my status changed to no information are available about my case, but as I called the hotline they told me there is nothing to worry about I would still be in line for a interview.

Processing times had changed several times, so now I hope to get a interview appointment soon;) 

Waiting is not easy sometimes so I am happy to keep up with you guys to support each other and share timelines;)

Edited by NilovesJa

1 hour ago, NilovesJa said:

Hi you all, happy to read from other San Fernando Valley filers!!:) 

My case got accepted on August 4th 2017, did the biometrics and was scheduled for a being in line for a interview since September 19th. In April my status changed to no information are available about my case, but as I called the hotline they told me there is nothing to worry about I would still be in line for a interview.

Processing times had changed several times, so now I hope to get a interview appointment soon;) 

Waiting is not easy sometimes so I am happy to keep up with you guys to support each other and share timelines;)

Hi NiLovesJa! Yay, so happy to hear from another SFV filer! Welcome to our little group :)

We have five cases now that we are following. I will write our timelines in chronological order below. It looks as though the wait is now indeed about 13-14 months, as per the USCIS processing times (which went back down to 13-22 months after briefly rising to 13.5-34.5 months HAHA).

@Mmagic 

Filed - May 2017

Interview - June 2018 ✔️

@izavox

Filed - July 2017

Interview - (Scheduled August 2018, presumably will take place September 2018)

@Zeal

Filed - July 2017

Interview - Waiting as of August 2018

@NilovesJa

Filed - August 2017

@KathCali

Filed - September 2017

I have heard of quite a few employment based interviews being scheduled in well under a year, but I think we are all family based? They seem to be taking longer for some reason. 

Crossing my fingers for us all to hear news soon! Excited for Isavox to have their interview :) 

I-751 - Pending

Approved - Card Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Switzerland
Timeline
On 8/17/2018 at 10:11 PM, KathCali said:

Hi NiLovesJa! Yay, so happy to hear from another SFV filer! Welcome to our little group :)

We have five cases now that we are following. I will write our timelines in chronological order below. It looks as though the wait is now indeed about 13-14 months, as per the USCIS processing times (which went back down to 13-22 months after briefly rising to 13.5-34.5 months HAHA).

@Mmagic 

Filed - May 2017

Interview - June 2018 ✔️

@izavox

Filed - July 2017

Interview - (Scheduled August 2018, presumably will take place September 2018)

@Zeal

Filed - July 2017

@NilovesJa

Filed - August 2017

@KathCali

Filed - September 2017

I have heard of quite a few employment based interviews being scheduled in well under a year, but I think we are all family based? They seem to be taking longer for some reason. 

Crossing my fingers for us all to hear news soon! Excited for Isavox to have their interview :) 

Hi KathCali, thank you so much for the details, that is very helpful and gives me new motivation so that it is still moving but slowly;) Yes I am also family based. Did you ever do a Infopass appointment? I try to get one since a couple months but It always says on the website that they're no dates available and I have a toddler so I don't even know if it would be worth the effort for getting a babysitter and everything to get the same information that I am still in line;) 

I hope so much for everyone to get interviews soon:)

20 hours ago, NilovesJa said:

Hi KathCali, thank you so much for the details, that is very helpful and gives me new motivation so that it is still moving but slowly;) Yes I am also family based. Did you ever do a Infopass appointment? I try to get one since a couple months but It always says on the website that they're no dates available and I have a toddler so I don't even know if it would be worth the effort for getting a babysitter and everything to get the same information that I am still in line;) 

I hope so much for everyone to get interviews soon:)

I scheduled an infopass last year while waiting for my EAD but ended up cancelling it because my EAD arrived. I found that there were almost never appointments available but if you went online right at midnight, some would usually show up for a few minutes for two weeks from the date. They must release new slots at midnight, but they do go very quickly. As for whether it's worth the effort, I honestly doubt it as their processing times start at 13 months and if we aren't even into that, we will probably be told we're still in line and to keep waiting and come back in a year. 

But as they are finally processing July filers, that means they are at least moving! I think we should give it a few more months, keep our eye on fellow SFV filers, and keep our fingers crossed! :)

I-751 - Pending

Approved - Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.