awilliams

What Visa do i need and how to start it?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi there,

Im currently over in the states visiting friends when i told one of them about my previous working experience - 7 years at the BBC, he works for a TV/Movie Production Company that works for Sony + other big names, he said he's filming a new TV show with Sony and would like me to work on his show ongoing with the experience i have... so basically be part of the production crew...

What kind of Visa would i need?  Will it be hard to obtain? There will be more ongoing projects after the show ends that he wants to keep me on for.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Have a chat with his Immigration Lawyer, the Lawyer will be doing all the hard work . I can think of a few that may be relevant but which one best suits will be down to the Lawyer/ your Employer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

His company will be who applies for a visa for you. I’m sure their company lawyer can figure out the best one (maybe an O?) and advise you on how long. Some visas like O you can get premium processing for a fee and it’s pretty quick if all paperwork etc is good.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, SusieQQQ said:

Wait what happened to this?

Unfortunately we split up, the engagement caused alot undue stress + family ruined the relationship..

Luckily she moved to Virginia and id be working in New Orleans... 

I'll speak to the company lawyer im sure the best bet, he has mentioned he's done it with 3 other emplpyees.

Out of curiosity on a TV production do you need to do the whole PERM Labor Certification? I hear that's pretty lengthy.

14 hours ago, awilliams said:

Out of curiosity on a TV production do you need to do the whole PERM Labor Certification? I hear that's pretty lengthy.

No, that is for a green card. You are looking into a visa. O1 visa is more likely because of type of work and also, because there is no quota. There is also premium process for expediting it so it would take less than 15 days. However, for an O1 visa you have to put a lot of paperwork together showing your professional experience. I'm not saying this is going to be hard, but you might want to start thinking everything you've done with dates and also make a list of people that could write you references. You'll probably want to show you belong to at least one professional organization. 

What I'm trying to say is that even though once you apply the O-1 petition could be approved fast (consular processing to get the stamp on the passport is a separate thing), putting together the application will be a full-time job. Of course, you'll be guided by lawyers.

Edited by Coco8

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.