1,652 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Yes, NYC is so awesome! It's one of my favorite places here in the states, I can't wait to visit again with Paul someday. I think he'd really love it.

I'm in financial services here, have been for almost a decade. There's definitely a LOT of opportunity in that field. I've been able to do a lot of different things all while still staying with the same company. Ironically, when we still weren't sure where we'd end up (here versus Sweden), I was worried about being able to transfer to the finance industry in Sweden from the states. My Swedish language is REALLY rusty, and the currency still throws me sometimes when I'm over there, so I worried I wouldn't get the hang of it, and finance is all I've ever done, career wise (aside from little part time jobs I had in college). But I think it'd be interesting to compare the two! Who knows, maybe we'll end up there someday. I have a lot of brushing up to do in the meantime. :P 

We've actually joked about Paul working at the Ikea here, haha. He'd definitely make the cafeteria way more Swedish! I'm pretty sure they mostly use some of the frozen stuff that they sell downstairs versus making anything from scratch, and there's definitely a difference.

Oh gosh, yes I know what you mean, I have a business degree that I mainly did in English but some financial terminology still throws me off and it doesn't make me look great haha. But you could probably do fairly well in that sector in Sweden only knowing English - however, for social purposes Swedish would of course be preferable to know. And ugh currency rates - I kept track of the bigger currencies back at my old job but then when I'm here I just see how much USD I would pay for SEK (not the other way around, like I'm used to) and I have to think twice before I know if it's cheap or not (but it's never cheap... SEK has been super expensive 😑 but I saw just now it's a little better, actually). 

Anyway, congratulations again on the GC! Tell Paul I'm jealous.

If you all are wondering why I'm up on a Friday night answering VJ posts it is because my husband is watching golf and I have no friends. Have a nice evening everyone 😎

h

1 hour ago, LizM said:

Oh gosh, yes I know what you mean, I have a business degree that I mainly did in English but some financial terminology still throws me off and it doesn't make me look great haha. But you could probably do fairly well in that sector in Sweden only knowing English - however, for social purposes Swedish would of course be preferable to know. And ugh currency rates - I kept track of the bigger currencies back at my old job but then when I'm here I just see how much USD I would pay for SEK (not the other way around, like I'm used to) and I have to think twice before I know if it's cheap or not (but it's never cheap... SEK has been super expensive 😑 but I saw just now it's a little better, actually). 

If you all are wondering why I'm up on a Friday night answering VJ posts it is because my husband is watching golf and I have no friends. Have a nice evening everyone 😎

Hahahah, you will make friends when you work maybe. I don’t have friends here either:) 

16 hours ago, Tomalley said:

Hahahah, you will make friends when you work maybe. I don’t have friends here either:) 

Hahhaa, "maybe" 😄

yea I hope so... I had one Facetime call recently with two friends back home. We ended up talking for EIGHT HOURS. Sipping wine & just talking, but still, eight! I never even spoke with my hubby that long when we were separated! Friends are the best and I miss having them close. I need to find someone who is just as weird as me

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

So... after months of not looking at the forums and / or processing times I had a peek at the current AOS processing times.. 😨 they‘re currently processing october of last year?! That is almost a year ago.. we thought the wait would only be 4-5 months so we didn‘t file for an expedited work permit.. but this way I can‘t work for another year or so, right?! What do I do now? Can I still file for an early work permit or is it too late? Should I just wait for another year? Damn I didn‘t think this process could get any worse after finally arriving in the US..

September 28,  2017 - I-129F Sent

October 2, 2017 I-129F NOA1

March 24, 2018 - NOA2

April 10, 2018 -  Case number received

April 14, 2018 - Case marked as ready

April 18, 2018 - Received and sent back Package 3

May 2, 2018 - Medical

May 16, 2018 - Interview

May 17, 2018 - Visa Issued

May 23, 2018 - Visa in the mail

June 2, 2018 - POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Fippsie said:

So... after months of not looking at the forums and / or processing times I had a peek at the current AOS processing times.. 😨 they‘re currently processing october of last year?! That is almost a year ago.. we thought the wait would only be 4-5 months so we didn‘t file for an expedited work permit.. but this way I can‘t work for another year or so, right?! What do I do now? Can I still file for an early work permit or is it too late? Should I just wait for another year? Damn I didn‘t think this process could get any worse after finally arriving in the US..

you can work with EAD, but it's still not rolling much out for June filers. They are giving EAD people in April and May of 2018 as far i can tell. Depending on you FO, it will likely be anywhere from 3 -24 months to get GC. 

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

1 hour ago, Fippsie said:

Do you mean you did not file EAD? Or that you didn't try to expedite EAD.

If you didn't file at all you can still file, sure. You may have to pay a fee, but actually I think even if you don't file concurrently with AOS that you may get away with no filing fee, if you attach AOS NOA1... Look into it. EAD definitely worth getting.

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
13 hours ago, LizM said:

Do you mean you did not file EAD? Or that you didn't try to expedite EAD.

If you didn't file at all you can still file, sure. You may have to pay a fee, but actually I think even if you don't file concurrently with AOS that you may get away with no filing fee, if you attach AOS NOA1... Look into it. EAD definitely worth getting.

Yeah, we didn't file it, because we thought it was another $400!! Now we realized that that's not the case.. 😕 so we'll file it on monday. Can't believe we wasted 3 months of me not working, ugh! Thanks for your reply!

September 28,  2017 - I-129F Sent

October 2, 2017 I-129F NOA1

March 24, 2018 - NOA2

April 10, 2018 -  Case number received

April 14, 2018 - Case marked as ready

April 18, 2018 - Received and sent back Package 3

May 2, 2018 - Medical

May 16, 2018 - Interview

May 17, 2018 - Visa Issued

May 23, 2018 - Visa in the mail

June 2, 2018 - POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:47 PM, LizM said:

That is true! I always told Paul if we ever move to Sweden for any amount of time in the future, I definitely want to be speaking Swedish fluently by then/before we do. Plus I want our kids, if we have any down the road, to speak both. We try to speak Swedish between each other at home sometimes, so I'm getting there!

Thank you! He got the official approval letter in the mail on Saturday, so it feels a bit more real now! He says he's 98% until he gets the actual card in the mail :P 

And PS - I'm often up doing similar things because Paul's a wrestling fan and I am not, haha :D

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

22 hours ago, Fippsie said:

Yeah, we didn't file it, because we thought it was another $400!! Now we realized that that's not the case.. 😕 so we'll file it on monday. Can't believe we wasted 3 months of me not working, ugh! Thanks for your reply!

No worries! Good luck. Hope you can avoid the fee, too. Keep us updated!

h

18 minutes ago, Balaji_v said:

Hi Folks,

Just got the online update that my EAD/AP combo card is approved and its in production. Yaay .....:jest:

(PD: June 1st 2018.)

Good luck for everyone waiting patiently for your EAD/AP cards, I am sure the NBC is processing June filers now.😁

Hey congratulations! But you also have your GC interview scheduled? Even better. :D

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It's my wife who is waiting on EAD. She is taking this more relaxed than I am, but great to hear from June filers that got their EAD or GC or GC interview. According to VJ, we are getting close 

Estimates/Stats :
Based on timeline data, your EAD may be adjudicated between October 18, 2018 and October 31, 2018*. 

let's hope they are right...we want to be able for her to drive to Texas and visit some of her friends. 

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, LizM said:

Hey congratulations! But you also have your GC interview scheduled? Even better. :D

Thank you @LizM, Finally after a long wait things are moving quick😁

Very Exciting :dance:

Hopefully your interview gets scheduled soon as well...:D

Removal of Conditions:

08/20/2020 (Day 0)   --- Sent the ROC package to Phoenix, Arizona lockbox through USPS
08/22/2020 (Day 2)   --- Confirmation from USPS that USCIS received the packet.

08/28/2020 (Day 😎  --- NOA1 notification through email and text for the ROC.

09/02/2020 (Day 13) --- Received I-797, 18 month extension letter with notice date as 08/27/2020. 😇

10/17/2020 (Day 58) --- Received Biometrics notification through email and text that finger prints were applied from AOS stage.😁

06/11/2021 (Day 295) --- New Card is produced :dance:

Naturalization & US passport:

07/26/2021 (Day 1) --- Applied the form N-400 online and got the receipt notice.

07/28/2021 (Day 3) --- Received Biometrics notification in USCIS online account that finger prints were reused.😁

12/20/2021 (Day 148) --- Received online notification that Interview is scheduled for 01/27/2022 at Detroit USCIS Field Office.:dance:

01/27/2022 (Day 186)   --- Interview was successful but not given out right approval due to A-file not being available.

04/07/2022 (Day 256) --- Received notification that I am in line for Oath ceremony and it will be scheduled :dance:

04/11/2022 (Day 260)   --- Received notification that Oath ceremony was scheduled and notice was mailed. :jest:

04/26/2022 (Day 275) --- Oath Ceremony.:jest: Became a US Citizen and received the Certificate of Naturalization. 🥰

05/11/2022 (Day 290) -- Applied for US passport at USPS.

05/18/2022 (Day 297) -- State Department site status says my Passport application is received and in progress and was given a locator number starting with 34.🤞

1 hour ago, Balaji_v said:

Thank you @LizM, Finally after a long wait things are moving quick😁

Very Exciting :dance:

Hopefully your interview gets scheduled soon as well...:D

Yes, very quick for a GC especially :D

I wouldn't expect an interview anytime soon - waiting times are so long here in New York. Probably March/April at the earliest. But with EAD I'll be fine!

h

I’m curious that how do they count holding GC time? 

We would need to submit AOS for 10 year GC 90days prior the expiration date of 2 year GC right? Or it counts from the marriage date?

My local USCIS processing time for AOS right now is like 9.5 months to 23 months... So if I’m wondering if I get bad luck and my interview happens 23 months later, does that mean that I’ll get my 10 GC in about 6 years?....

I-485/765/131:

06/01/2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP through UPS, received NOA1 on 6/11. Received bio appointment on 6/15 and completed on scheduled date 6/29.

07/06/2018 - Submitted EAD expedite request with job offer, reason was financial loss. Received EAD/AP combo card on 08/04. AOS changed to 'Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview' on 7/24.

07/23/2019 - AOS interview was scheduled on 8/27. In the interview USCIS can't make decision because original K1 file got split up somewhere.

11/25/2019 - AOS got approved, received the actual card in mail on 12/2.

I-751:

09/05/2021 - Sent ROC through FedEx, delivered on 9/7, received message e-notification on 9/9 stated case was received, check is cashed on 9/10, NOA1 in mailbox on 9/13.

10/28/2021 - Fingerprints have been taken (Reuse).

01/17/2023 -  Case was transferred To Another Office

01/26/2023 - Case Was Approved

N-400:

08/28/2022 - Submitted N-400 online, NOA1 on 08/29/2022, with estimate time 10 months for decision. Biometrics is reused.

11/23/2022 - Interview was scheduled on 1/11/2023, it was a combo interview for I751/N400. Both cases were verbally approved. System hasn't been updated yet. 

01/26/2023 - Form N-400 recommended to be approved --> Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

02/06/2023 -  Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed, Oath on 2/22

02/22/2023 - Oath Ceremony, applied passport the same day, with estimated receiving date in middle of May. ALL DONE!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.