aiyappan

June 2018 AOS Filers

310 posts in this topic

"Ready to be scheduled for interview" is not the same as "Interview has been scheduled".  I fully expect to be ready to be scheduled for a good two to three years because of my field office is Los Angeles County.  

I don't think that it being ready to be scheduled is anything to worry about at all, hopefully that just means everything is going well and our DHS background checks haven't turned up anything out of the ordinary.

At this point we just gotta wait for EAD and SSN

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, ANOR said:

Does anyone know the average timeline from biometrics done until next case status? I did biometrics walk-in on Jul 31st 2018, which was a few days earlier than scheduled. I am seeing other timelines, most people get status update within 3-5 days, wondering how this works. Thanks for sharing. 

i didn't get my status update until 1 month after my biometric

Edited by PollyC
  • Feb 17 2018 - Arrived USA with B2-Tourist Visa
  • Apr 01 2018 - US Citizen Boyfriend proposed
  • Apr 18 2018 - Got Married in Montana, USA
  • May 15 2018 - Mailed out USCIS applications (I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) to Chicago Lockbox
  • (Day 1) May 16 2018 - Mail arrived Chicago Lockbox (confirmed by USPS) 
  • (Day 19) Jun 04 2018 - Received email & SMS notification - case received (All money orders being cashed on this day)
  • (Day 24) Jun 09 2018 - Received all receipts (NOA) from USCIS, also the Biometrics Appointment letter (Appointment date: Jun 18) 
  • (Day 33) Jun 18 2018 - Arrived Helena ASC at 9.15am (Appointment at 10am), finished at 9.35am (Yea it was super quick!)
  • (Day 35) Jun 20 2018 - Received SMS & Email notification request for evidence for my I-485
  • (Day 40) Jun 25 2018 - Courtesy letter for I-693 (Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record) received
  • (Day 61) Jul 16 2018 - Case status of I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
  • (Day 64) Jul 19 2018 -  Case status of I-485 changed to "Interview Was Scheduled"
  • (Day 71) Jul 26 2018 - Interview notice received (Interview scheduled on Aug 23 - 9.50AM)
  • (Day 99) Aug 23 2018 - Interview approved on the spot! Yay! 🎉  I-485 status changed to “New Card Is Being Produced”,
  • (Day 100) Aug 24 2018 - I-131 & I-765 status changed to “Case Closed Benefit Received By Other Means”
  • (Day 107) Aug 31 2018 - I-485 status changed to “Card Was Mailed To Me”
  • (Day 111) Sep 04 2018 - I-485 status changed "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service"
  • (Day 113) Sep 06 2018 - Conditional Green Card Received!
  • May 23 2020 - Mailed out I-751
  • May 29 2020 - Received email & SMS notification - case received
  • June 1 2020 - Money order being cashed
  • July 15 2020 - status changed to “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken” 
  • Feb 16 2021 - Status changed to “New Card is being Produce”
  • Feb 19 2021 - Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • Feb 24 2021 - New card received in the mail!
  • Feb 24 2023 - Filed N-400 online
  • Mar 11 2023 - Received Biometrics Appointment letter in mail (Appointment date: Mar 20)
  • Mar 20 2023 - Case status changed to "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS"
  • Apr 04 2023 - Received online update "Interview Was Scheduled" (May 23)
  • May 23 2023 - Interview Passed on the spot
  • Oct 26 2023 - Status changed to "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed" (on Nov 9th)

http://pa1.narvii.com/5800/c9829514dbe031b3b25782c40cae78c189bfc3ab_00.gif

1 minute ago, PollyC said:

i didn't get my status update until 1 month after my biometric

Hi PollyC, thanks. I saw you mentioned that you were requested evidence for I485, do you mind sharing what evidence were they asking for? I saw most of the cases on this forum got their status updates just a few days after the biometrics. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ANOR said:

Hi PollyC, thanks. I saw you mentioned that you were requested evidence for I485, do you mind sharing what evidence were they asking for? I saw most of the cases on this forum got their status updates just a few days after the biometrics. 

the evidence actually just a courtesy letter to remind me to get the I-693 (medical exam) since I didn't file it with my packet. 

The status update depends on the officer who "touch" your file, many of the cases here also didn't get an update since their biometrics. 

• Feb 17 2018 - Arrived USA with B2-Tourist Visa
  • Apr 01 2018 - US Citizen Boyfriend proposed
  • Apr 18 2018 - Got Married in Montana, USA
  • May 15 2018 - Mailed out USCIS applications (I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) to Chicago Lockbox
  • (Day 1) May 16 2018 - Mail arrived Chicago Lockbox (confirmed by USPS) 
  • (Day 19) Jun 04 2018 - Received email & SMS notification - case received (All money orders being cashed on this day)
  • (Day 24) Jun 09 2018 - Received all receipts (NOA) from USCIS, also the Biometrics Appointment letter (Appointment date: Jun 18) 
  • (Day 33) Jun 18 2018 - Arrived Helena ASC at 9.15am (Appointment at 10am), finished at 9.35am (Yea it was super quick!)
  • (Day 35) Jun 20 2018 - Received SMS & Email notification request for evidence for my I-485
  • (Day 40) Jun 25 2018 - Courtesy letter for I-693 (Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record) received
  • (Day 61) Jul 16 2018 - Case status of I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
  • (Day 64) Jul 19 2018 -  Case status of I-485 changed to "Interview Was Scheduled"
  • (Day 71) Jul 26 2018 - Interview notice received (Interview scheduled on Aug 23 - 9.50AM)
  • (Day 99) Aug 23 2018 - Interview approved on the spot! Yay! 🎉  I-485 status changed to “New Card Is Being Produced”,
  • (Day 100) Aug 24 2018 - I-131 & I-765 status changed to “Case Closed Benefit Received By Other Means”
  • (Day 107) Aug 31 2018 - I-485 status changed to “Card Was Mailed To Me”
  • (Day 111) Sep 04 2018 - I-485 status changed "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service"
  • (Day 113) Sep 06 2018 - Conditional Green Card Received!
  • May 23 2020 - Mailed out I-751
  • May 29 2020 - Received email & SMS notification - case received
  • June 1 2020 - Money order being cashed
  • July 15 2020 - status changed to “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken” 
  • Feb 16 2021 - Status changed to “New Card is being Produce”
  • Feb 19 2021 - Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • Feb 24 2021 - New card received in the mail!
  • Feb 24 2023 - Filed N-400 online
  • Mar 11 2023 - Received Biometrics Appointment letter in mail (Appointment date: Mar 20)
  • Mar 20 2023 - Case status changed to "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS"
  • Apr 04 2023 - Received online update "Interview Was Scheduled" (May 23)
  • May 23 2023 - Interview Passed on the spot
  • Oct 26 2023 - Status changed to "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed" (on Nov 9th)

http://pa1.narvii.com/5800/c9829514dbe031b3b25782c40cae78c189bfc3ab_00.gif

5 minutes ago, PollyC said:

the evidence actually just a courtesy letter to remind me to get the I-693 (medical exam) since I didn't file it with my packet. 

The status update depends on the officer who "touch" your file, many of the cases here also didn't get an update since their biometrics. 

I see. Thanks for sharing.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/6/2018 at 2:34 PM, ANOR said:

Does anyone know the average timeline from biometrics done until next case status? I did biometrics walk-in on Jul 31st 2018, which was a few days earlier than scheduled. I am seeing other timelines, most people get status update within 3-5 days, wondering how this works. Thanks for sharing. 

I had my biometrics done yesterday(08/06) and got a notification this afternoon(08/07) from the app saying my case status changed. Checked the status and it said fingerprint review is completed and the application is being looked at right now. I guess it varies based of city but mine was done in Pittsburgh if that helps any. Hang in there, hopefully yours won't take long.

On 8/7/2018 at 3:48 PM, hk415 said:

I had my biometrics done yesterday(08/06) and got a notification this afternoon(08/07) from the app saying my case status changed. Checked the status and it said fingerprint review is completed and the application is being looked at right now. I guess it varies based of city but mine was done in Pittsburgh if that helps any. Hang in there, hopefully yours won't take long.

HI hk415, thank you. Yeah until now I haven't received/seen any status change. Just to make sure I'm doing it correctly in regards to status tracking, do you just go to USCIS website and type in receipt number for status tracking? Thanks again.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ANOR said:

HI hk415, thank you. Yeah until now I haven't received/seen any status change. Just to make sure I'm doing it correctly in regards to status tracking, do you just go to USCIS website and type in receipt number for status tracking? Thanks again.

I used that intially but now i am using an iphone app called uscis case status and its great and notifies you with any new case status changes. 

Hello,

Do we need to wait a certain amount of time before expediting EAD?

PD is June 25th, 2018; biometrics is done. Hubby received a job offer and we want to expedite EAD, however, our lawyer is saying that we can't because it hasn't been many days since we filed (it'll be about 60 days soon). 

For those of you who expedited successfully, did you have to wait for a certain amount of time?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
7 hours ago, Andy1991 said:

Hello,

Do we need to wait a certain amount of time before expediting EAD?

PD is June 25th, 2018; biometrics is done. Hubby received a job offer and we want to expedite EAD, however, our lawyer is saying that we can't because it hasn't been many days since we filed (it'll be about 60 days soon). 

For those of you who expedited successfully, did you have to wait for a certain amount of time?

No you don’t. It’s just important that you have done your biometrics. 

I have seen people who expedited a day after they did their biometrics which is usually within a month after AOS submission. 

But I read in another form which I’m not allowed to name that they no longer accept expedite requests since August 15th ish. But it also depends on the customer service rep. because another person couldn’t expedite, then called a second time and was able to open up a request with another rep. 

I’m really surprised by the majority of the lawyers. Where do they get their information from?! Smh. 

Good luck! 

Edited by thepanda

On 8/23/2018 at 12:02 AM, thepanda said:

No you don’t. It’s just important that you have done your biometrics. 

I have seen people who expedited a day after they did their biometrics which is usually within a month after AOS submission. 

But I read in another form which I’m not allowed to name that they no longer accept expedite requests since August 15th ish. But it also depends on the customer service rep. because another person couldn’t expedite, then called a second time and was able to open up a request with another rep. 

I’m really surprised by the majority of the lawyers. Where do they get their information from?! Smh. 

Good luck! 

Is it MANDATORY to have a job offer to expedite the work permit? Does one just apply for a job and then tell their employer oh wait I need to get a work permit after they have the job offer or before? I am very curious.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline

You need official job offer. U can apply to jobs do interviews and if they want to hire you u can explain the situation and get them to give you official letter of job offer. I got my ead expedited and approved yesterday.will be getting my combo card in about a week or so

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, killadocg23 said:

Is it MANDATORY to have a job offer to expedite the work permit? Does one just apply for a job and then tell their employer oh wait I need to get a work permit after they have the job offer or before? I am very curious.

There was one case recently (about 2 weeks ago) who got approved without a job offer. They asked to expedite because there were significant changes in their financial income and situation and they had proof of that. That is the first case I heard that did not had a job offer.

As for applying for a job without a work permit. My situation is a little different because I knew my company before and they knew me. I still had to go through the official process to apply even though I had the job. While filling out the job application the question was "Do you need any sponsorship now or in the future?" Obviously one would say no and then later take the job offer to expedite. I was of course upfront with my management and explained to them that I need a job offer first to expedite my work permit. It depends how understanding the management of a company is. Mine was very understanding. So it really depends on the employer. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.