RnA

We are not Happy In the US

41 posts in this topic

On 5/27/2018 at 6:19 PM, geowrian said:

Get somewhere safe. Safety always comes first, especially with a child. Get to a women's shelter if need be. They can provide guidance and counseling, and potentially more to help you get home.

Best wishes and stay safe.

He n his family always make me scare about shelters. They said it like a jail. N they said police or CPS  or anyone's will take munch kids from me. N they will deport me to Indonesia without my child. I have no proof but I know it verbal abuse. 

On 5/27/2018 at 6:19 PM, mushroomspore said:

Do you have any friends or family in your home country who can pay for you and your kid(s) to fly back home? If your husband is NOT the biological father of your younger child, I don't believe your husband has any "rights" to the child. I think that only happens when/if your husband puts in official adoption papers for your children. Anyways, find a way to get out of the house with your kids. If your kids go to school, do they have a trustworthy teacher you can talk to? Or perhaps the parents of a classmate???

2 days after my husband yelled at us. Then my older daughter won't back home after school. The teachers wonder why she cried n won't back home. N bcs she can't speak English well. So the principle called Indonesian interpreter. Then they decided to call the police n cps. Then in evening police n cps came to home. They interrogated me about what happened at this home. N said they will comeback after 2 days. But they never comeback until now. He n the family scolded us n said we just trouble maker. Ur daughter is evil. Until now they hate my older daughter n me. They fooled me with their words that the cps will take my daughters alone. I was so stress. So they forced me if the police comeback tell everything's fine. 

On 5/27/2018 at 6:23 PM, BlessedAssurance said:

Perhaps seek help from your embassy/consulate for ticket if that is the only thing holding you from returning home. Also, some diaspora communities do have organizations, and look out for each other. Perhaps that can also be an alternative for help with the tickets if you know of any from your country.

My husband took our passports n important document that I have. N as I know embassy will not have to buy Us ticket. But they can help to get new passports. 

On 5/27/2018 at 7:34 PM, Dutchster said:

If the child is his (who knows), I don't think she should leave the country. I believe he can file for child kidnapping. 

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Lucky she is not his biological. She is my daughter with my x husband. N the teacher told me there will be any test if he dare to take my kid from me. 

On 5/27/2018 at 9:10 PM, belinda63 said:

The children had passports to come to the US. What passport did the child come on? You can use those passports to leave unless it is a US passport in which case he can place a kidnapping notice with the Department of State.

Contact your embassy for assistance returning home.

Indonesian passports n she came with K2 visa. 

Yea but he took our passports. 

I called  the embassy but no one answer me 😔

On 5/28/2018 at 12:16 PM, Bill & Katya said:

You may want to consider visiting a church or mosque, or a local women’s shelter to seek help.  You only mentioned verbal abuse, but what you described, it seems like he wants you to leave as well.  As others have asked, you need to clarify the status of your youngest child with respect to you husband.

Good Luck!

My mother in law wanted to deportation me. I really don't know about what my husband want. Every time he mad he always ask me to go. But he took our passports n documents. The reason he took that it cos he don't want me to run away. N sometime he took my phone. Cos he won't let me to call 911. 

On 5/28/2018 at 12:40 PM, PersaisX said:

Wow this is so scary. I feel for you. I hope you can get away from him right away for your own sake and the sake of your child(ren).

Thank u so much. I know I just free loader here. I can't make money. I don't know this area. I really clueless. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Call the police, they will make your husband give you back your passports and other documents you need. Then have the police take you and the kids to a shelter. Sort out getting home once you are safe. 

Unless you are in the home and safe long enough to toss the house to search for the passports get the police involved. 

He cannot stop you from taking the kids since he is not the father. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

You need to leave with your children and go to a women's shelter.  They can help you get back to Indonesia by helping you contact a consulate or embassy and helping you with police.  Dont tell anyone you're going, just go.  Pack your kids some clothes in their school backpacks. 

YOU are not a freeloader! You're a wife.  You deserve respect.  He is being abusive! You NEED to leave.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

On 5/28/2018 at 12:46 PM, mich923 said:

As others have mentioned, if you feel you are in danger go to any local church, mosque, or synagogue. They may be able to get you help or put you somewhere safe to stay, especially for your children. Also I have attached a link from the USCIS, which has numbers for phone numbers to report domestic abuse. Although you may not be a citizen yet, you still have the same rights as everyone else. If you absolutely need to call the police, they also will have the resources to help you, maybe with a restraining order against your fiance/husband. If you need any more help we can try to help you. 

https://www.uscis.gov/news/fact-sheets/information-legal-rights-available-immigrant-victims-domestic-violence-united-states-and-facts-about-immigrating-marriage-based-visa-fact-sheet

Thank you so much yes I really need help. I just want to back home safely with my kids. We came here for new hope n want to build new life together. But in reality we are really not happy. N he hate my older daughter but love my younger daughter. He is not unfair for everything for the kids. N it hurt my heart to see her cry every night. No mother will be happy to see that. 

On 5/28/2018 at 2:54 PM, bakphx1 said:

The nearest Catholic Social Services I find is 

They are the only Social Services organization that is charitable I can think of that is qualified to handle both the domestic issues and the immigration issues that you have. I would start calling them and getting their advice. It may take getting passed around from one office to another. But in the end they may be able to best help you.   Their local number is (734) 946-4092

Thank u so much. I will save The number n call them asap. 

10 minutes ago, NikLR said:

You need to leave with your children and go to a women's shelter.  They can help you get back to Indonesia by helping you contact a consulate or embassy and helping you with police.  Dont tell anyone you're going, just go.  Pack your kids some clothes in their school backpacks. 

YOU are not a freeloader! You're a wife.  You deserve respect.  He is being abusive! You NEED to leave.  

They said like that to me. Every dollar my husband spent he count it. He never give me money even 1 penny. I just stay home. Clean home. Cook. Laundry. I feel i just like a servant not a wife. He always lock his bedroom. I not allowed to come in. So I always sleep with the kids. 

On 5/28/2018 at 3:26 PM, fip & jim said:

Dear RnA,

As mich923 said - under all circumstances all people in the US are guaranteed protection from abuse under the law. It is recognised that immigrants are vulnerable. You are right to not be intimidated into believing that your status means you should tolerate abuse. Help is available for you: National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233, www.ndvh.org. 

Wishing you all the best.

Thank you so much. I will call them asap. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, RnA said:

Thank you so much yes I really need help. I just want to back home safely with my kids. We came here for new hope n want to build new life together. But in reality we are really not happy. N he hate my older daughter but love my younger daughter. He is not unfair for everything for the kids. N it hurt my heart to see her cry every night. No mother will be happy to see that. 

You can go to the police station and tell them your husband is holding your passports. If you tell them now that he is being abusive they will not separate your children from you. They will help you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.