Esme2504

2nd interview and still clueless

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hi guys, 

My fiance had his 2nd interview yesterday but he's still in AP. They told him they will call or email. Ceac still shows refused and I'm so confused whether or not we will get our visa.  What could be taking so long?? I wonder if they denied him could it be that their looking to see if he qualifies for a waiver? Do waivers take additional AP?  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

~Moved to K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports~

Anything particular said during the first interview as to approval/denial or ask for any other paperwork?

Is there past crimes by the beneficiary? Any previous overstays in the US? There's a lot of info that could be used here for you to get appropriate answers and maybe find a solution.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, NovaDC said:

Why was your fiance has to go through a 2nd interview?

He had some petty arrests in the past where he got arrested usually with another person& since he lives in El Salvador they are investigating to see if he is a gang member. They called this a follow up interview. They asked him if he was a gang member, owed money to any gang members, if he lives in a dangerous neighborhood, has he done drugs. They even investigated me also. They broke into our facebooks to read about our lives . Luckily he is in no gangs, never has been and has no tattoos. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Esme2504 said:

He had some petty arrests in the past where he got arrested usually with another person& since he lives in El Salvador they are investigating to see if he is a gang member. They called this a follow up interview. They asked him if he was a gang member, owed money to any gang members, if he lives in a dangerous neighborhood, has he done drugs. They even investigated me also. They broke into our facebooks to read about our lives . Luckily he is in no gangs, never has been and has no tattoos. 

He admitted to these arrests and all I assume since he has to provide a police report/clearance. It really could be they are digging deep to make sure he in fact is not a gang member or associated closely with any gangs. Also depending on what "petty" means exactly, they could be reviewing them to see if they are inadmissable crimes.

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

~Moved to K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports~

Anything particular said during the first interview as to approval/denial or ask for any other paperwork?

Nothing! They wanted to know his whole life story they also knew he was abandoned by his parents when he was a child. And lived in a school most of his life.  Who knows how they found out? Unless they called that school.  They did not ask for additional papers or gave him any clues if he was getting the visa or not.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

If he goes to second interview that means they are really digging deep to see if all what he says was true. That is their job. They are also protecting you in a way. Hopefully you have the results (good or bad) of this soon enough.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

He admitted to these arrests and all I assume since he has to provide a police report/clearance. It really could be they are digging deep to make sure he in fact is not a gang member or associated closely with any gangs. Also depending on what "petty" means exactly, they could be reviewing them to see if they are inadmissable crimes.

They have all that plus court reports.  Yes, they are digging deep.  But lets say they denied his visa why go through all this headache?? Why not just deny it now an we can move fwd. You think we have a chance?? 

Timeline
Just now, Esme2504 said:

They have all that plus court reports.  Yes, they are digging deep.  But lets say they denied his visa why go through all this headache?? Why not just deny it now an we can move fwd. You think we have a chance?? 

Possibly, mean them not denying you out right is a good thing. If the case status is in AP still, just means they are reviewing everything.... how long that could take no one can really say... but with a second interview being done, they really are going after all information they can.. mean, it's their job to do it so, as big of a pain that I'm sure it is, it's just part of the process.

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Possibly, mean them not denying you out right is a good thing. If the case status is in AP still, just means they are reviewing everything.... how long that could take no one can really say... but with a second interview being done, they really are going after all information they can.. mean, it's their job to do it so, as big of a pain that I'm sure it is, it's just part of the process.

Yeah, I totally understand. It's just scary to know they are going through my stuff also. It's embarrassing that they have read through my facebook lol probably seen my pictures and know about my life. their probably reading this too.. lol 

20 minutes ago, Esme2504 said:

There's a lot of ways to look at this, but here's the way I would look at it:

If they found a reason for him to be inadmissible, they would have refused the visa outright by now and provided the option for a waiver, if available. If they haven't found an inadmissibility yet, they're still investigating something so you just need to wait until that investigation completes.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

I forgot to mention, yes they did ask him if he knew any gang members or if in his neighborhood they were any gangs nearby or close by or next to each other.  They also asked him if he still friends with his old friends from 10 years ago. He said no. He told me hes never been friends with any gang members. In el salvador is very dangerous to be friends with gang members. It is no joke.  You know what I'm thinking?? Since I live here in LA and this is where MS and 18th street started they could be thinking yes hes a gang member and his fiance a chola . Luckily, I live in a nice area in LA and I have a career.  

Timeline
14 minutes ago, geowrian said:

There's a lot of ways to look at this, but here's the way I would look at it:

If they found a reason for him to be inadmissible, they would have refused the visa outright by now and provided the option for a waiver, if available. If they haven't found an inadmissibility yet, they're still investigating something so you just need to wait until that investigation completes.

Thank you Geo! You're right. Well hopefully everything turns out great at the end. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Esme2504 said:

I forgot to mention, yes they did ask him if he knew any gang members or if in his neighborhood they were any gangs nearby or close by or next to each other.  They also asked him if he still friends with his old friends from 10 years ago. He said no. He told me hes never been friends with any gang members. In el salvador is very dangerous to be friends with gang members. It is no joke.  You know what I'm thinking?? Since I live here in LA and this is where MS and 18th street started they could be thinking yes hes a gang member and his fiance a chola . Luckily, I live in a nice area in LA and I have a career.  

Again it could be from previous crimes, to as you said, he usually was with someone when it happened... one of those people could now be a known gang member or be affiliated and they are checking to make sure there is no ties to him. Seems they are just scouring through everything and I don't blame them. Obviously you know about MS-13 and it's a big problem in El Salvador and it's becoming an increasing issue here in the US through several states so. I hope you do keep us updated though with any new information that comes along through the process. Could help others later on knowing maybe what to expect with second interviews and such.

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Again it could be from previous crimes, to as you said, he usually was with someone when it happened... one of those people could now be a known gang member or be affiliated and they are checking to make sure there is no ties to him. Seems they are just scouring through everything and I don't blame them. Obviously you know about MS-13 and it's a big problem in El Salvador and it's becoming an increasing issue here in the US through several states so. I hope you do keep us updated though with any new information that comes along through the process. Could help others later on knowing maybe what to expect with second interviews and such.

Yes!! Everytime I see the news about trump talking about MS or whatever gangs from El Salvador , I'm thinking he will ban the whole country sooner or later.  Praying!! Hopefully our situation gets cleared and we can move on with our lives. Thank you!! I will post when we hear the results. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.