63 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello,

My Fiancé's petition (I-129F) was approved by USCIS on March 27, 2018 and forwarded to the NVC who then forwarded the application to the US Embassy in Kingston, JA on April 12, 2018. It has now been over  month since the NVC notified us that they'll be forwarding our application to the embassy and we have yet to receive any kind of confirmation from the embassy that they've received it. 

On May 14, 2018 we submitted the online DS-160 and received the confirmation page. We also created an account to register his interview appointment, but there is a menu where we have to select how we're able to schedule the appointment and one of them lists that we should receive instructions from the Embassy. At this point, we did not receive an update from the embassy.

Does anyone know how long it normally takes for the application to reach the embassy and how long we should wait to receive anything from them? Will these instructions be sent in the mail to my fiancé in JA or will they be sent to me?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi,

You can see the flow for your visa here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

The times do vary, so don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet, but check your case status often and maybe call the embassy too and ask if it's there. We had ours transferred in December and my first email package was sent to me in April. It's a waiting game, hang in there and good luck!

Timeline
5 hours ago, JDK2018 said:

Hello,

My Fiancé's petition (I-129F) was approved by USCIS on March 27, 2018 and forwarded to the NVC who then forwarded the application to the US Embassy in Kingston, JA on April 12, 2018. It has now been over  month since the NVC notified us that they'll be forwarding our application to the embassy and we have yet to receive any kind of confirmation from the embassy that they've received it. 

On May 14, 2018 we submitted the online DS-160 and received the confirmation page. We also created an account to register his interview appointment, but there is a menu where we have to select how we're able to schedule the appointment and one of them lists that we should receive instructions from the Embassy. At this point, we did not receive an update from the embassy.

Does anyone know how long it normally takes for the application to reach the embassy and how long we should wait to receive anything from them? Will these instructions be sent in the mail to my fiancé in JA or will they be sent to me?

Hi - Send the embassy an email. The email address is KingstonIV@state.gov.

In the subject line write Inquiry and the case number.

Below is the email I sent them when my fiancé case was transferred to them. They wrote me back the next day and sent me the forms and info.

Did you check in CEAC to see if the case shows "Ready"?  If it shows "ready" that is usually a confirmation that the local embassy has received it. Either way, send them an  email and they would let you know.

Good luck!

Good Afternoon,

Re: Case#:
Petitioner :
Beneficiary :

I recently checked the status of the above case at CEAC check status and see it is showing "Ready ".

Would you please let me know what are the next steps? 

Would you be able to send me the K1 visa instructions packet and relevant forms needed to continue processing this case?

Thanks

Timeline
1 minute ago, JayeBird said:

Hi - Send the embassy an email. The email address is KingstonIV@state.gov.

In the subject line write Inquiry and the case number.

Below is the email I sent them when my fiancé case was transferred to them. They wrote me back the next day and sent me the forms and info.

Did you check in CEAC to see if the case shows "Ready"?  If it shows "ready" that is usually a confirmation that the local embassy has received it. Either way, send them an  email and they would let you know.

Good luck!

Good Afternoon,

Re: Case#:
Petitioner :
Beneficiary :

I recently checked the status of the above case at CEAC check status and see it is showing "Ready ".

Would you please let me know what are the next steps? 

Would you be able to send me the K1 visa instructions packet and relevant forms needed to continue processing this case?

Thanks

This is perfect, thank you so much! I sent them an email last Thursday and never received a response from them, now that I know this, I'll be sure to put the case number in the subject line!

As for the ceac website it just says "No Status" and to contact the embassy. It's so annoying lol.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JDK2018 said:

This is perfect, thank you so much! I sent them an email last Thursday and never received a response from them, now that I know this, I'll be sure to put the case number in the subject line!

As for the ceac website it just says "No Status" and to contact the embassy. It's so annoying lol.

okay. I would call the NVC just to confirm that the cases was forwarded and what date. Saying that they are going to do something and actually doing it are two different things...

Best of luck

Timeline
7 hours ago, JDK2018 said:

Hello,

NOA2 Notification: 2018-04-02 but the physical document stated it was approved as of 2018-03-30

NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

I recently went through this process and I wish I had known you were waiting for this long. :(

I never waited for the embassy to send the documents especially since depending on your inquiry sometimes they take days before responding. I sent them the same email as stated above with the case number and all and I haven't gotten a response to this day from them so please be wary of that. I used previously posted documents from other VJ as well as some other research to find that you need to complete the following steps:

Step 1—Complete the DS-160. The DS-160 Form is available online at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/. The system will automatically generate a confirmation number after you submit the form.

Step 2—Register online, pay the fee, and schedule your interview. Please go to http://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv, click “Register,” and follow the on-screen instructions. After you pay the USD $265 fee online, you will be able to schedule your interview.

If you need help registering, please call (876) 632-7400 from Jamaica, or (703) 439-2360 from the U.S.

Step 3—Schedule your medical exam. Consult the medical exam information included in this packet to schedule your exam at least ten (10) days before your interview date.

Step 4—Gather the required documents before your interview. In addition to the DS-160 confirmation page, you must present the items listed below. Any missing information will result in a delay in processing your case.

_____Passport: Passports are required for each applicant, and must have at least six months validity beyond the visa issuance date.

_____Photographs: Each applicant needs six (6) color, passport-sized photographs (four (4) for the medical exam and two (2) for the visa interview).

_____Birth Certificate*: Birth certificates are required for each applicant. If born in Jamaica, please obtain certificates issued by the Registrar General’s Department (RGD) on security paper.  

_____Marriage Certificate*: Certified copies of all prior marriage certificates are required for you and/or your fiancé(e), along with  the accompanying divorce or death certificates to prove dissolution. Jamaican documents must be issued by the RGD security paper.  

_____Police Certificate*: You (and any accompanying children over the age of 16) must obtain a police certificate from the police authorities of any country (including Jamaica) where you have resided for more than one year since your 16th birthday.  

_____Court Records*: If you have been charged with a crime or other offence, obtain a certified court record covering each offence.

_____Military Records: If you have served in the military, you must submit a military record for your complete years of service.  This record must also show any convictions of crimes before any military tribunals.

_____Certificate of No-Impediment: Jamaican residents must obtain a Certificate of NoImpediment on RGD security paper. This requirement also applies to any accompanying Jamaican-resident children age 18 or older.

_____Evidence of Support: Your petitioner must submit evidence that you will receive adequate financial support in the U.S. They should complete Form I-134 “Affidavit of Support” and submit recent tax returns, proof of employment, or other supporting documentation.

_____Medical Examination: Schedule your exam at least ten (10) days prior to your interview.

*non-English documents must be accompanied by certified and notarized English translations.  

I gathered these documents and brought them in for the interview. Also ensure that you get a full copy of the birth certificate that includes the serial numbers at the top and bottom (have the person doing the copying reduce it to 92% to have it fit).

I'm not a 100% clear on the part where you said "but there is a menu where we have to select how we're able to schedule the appointment and one of them lists that we should receive instructions from the Embassy." but if I recall well enough all I did was pay for the appointment then it gave me the option to select a date and I was given a time slot.

I hope you get a response from the embassy soon.

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Timeline
2 hours ago, JDK2018 said:

When was your case last updated? It is usually advised to not book the appointment until the status is set to "Ready".

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Transferred? No
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Timeline
11 minutes ago, AnaUmo said:

NOA2 Notification: 2018-04-02 but the physical document stated it was approved as of 2018-03-30

I recently went through this process and I wish I had known you were waiting for this long. :(

I never waited for the embassy to send the documents especially since depending on your inquiry sometimes they take days before responding. I sent them the same email as stated above with the case number and all and I haven't gotten a response to this day from them so please be wary of that. I used previously posted documents from other VJ as well as some other research to find that you need to complete the following steps:

Step 1—Complete the DS-160. The DS-160 Form is available online at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/. The system will automatically generate a confirmation number after you submit the form.

Step 2—Register online, pay the fee, and schedule your interview. Please go to http://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv, click “Register,” and follow the on-screen instructions. After you pay the USD $265 fee online, you will be able to schedule your interview.

If you need help registering, please call (876) 632-7400 from Jamaica, or (703) 439-2360 from the U.S.

Step 3—Schedule your medical exam. Consult the medical exam information included in this packet to schedule your exam at least ten (10) days before your interview date.

Step 4—Gather the required documents before your interview. In addition to the DS-160 confirmation page, you must present the items listed below. Any missing information will result in a delay in processing your case.

_____Passport: Passports are required for each applicant, and must have at least six months validity beyond the visa issuance date.

_____Photographs: Each applicant needs six (6) color, passport-sized photographs (four (4) for the medical exam and two (2) for the visa interview).

_____Birth Certificate*: Birth certificates are required for each applicant. If born in Jamaica, please obtain certificates issued by the Registrar General’s Department (RGD) on security paper.  

_____Marriage Certificate*: Certified copies of all prior marriage certificates are required for you and/or your fiancé(e), along with  the accompanying divorce or death certificates to prove dissolution. Jamaican documents must be issued by the RGD security paper.  

_____Police Certificate*: You (and any accompanying children over the age of 16) must obtain a police certificate from the police authorities of any country (including Jamaica) where you have resided for more than one year since your 16th birthday.  

_____Court Records*: If you have been charged with a crime or other offence, obtain a certified court record covering each offence.

_____Military Records: If you have served in the military, you must submit a military record for your complete years of service.  This record must also show any convictions of crimes before any military tribunals.

_____Certificate of No-Impediment: Jamaican residents must obtain a Certificate of NoImpediment on RGD security paper. This requirement also applies to any accompanying Jamaican-resident children age 18 or older.

_____Evidence of Support: Your petitioner must submit evidence that you will receive adequate financial support in the U.S. They should complete Form I-134 “Affidavit of Support” and submit recent tax returns, proof of employment, or other supporting documentation.

_____Medical Examination: Schedule your exam at least ten (10) days prior to your interview.

*non-English documents must be accompanied by certified and notarized English translations.  

I gathered these documents and brought them in for the interview. Also ensure that you get a full copy of the birth certificate that includes the serial numbers at the top and bottom (have the person doing the copying reduce it to 92% to have it fit).

I'm not a 100% clear on the part where you said "but there is a menu where we have to select how we're able to schedule the appointment and one of them lists that we should receive instructions from the Embassy." but if I recall well enough all I did was pay for the appointment then it gave me the option to select a date and I was given a time slot.

I hope you get a response from the embassy soon.

Congratulations on the approval ana! safe travel to you future home...... with the help of God you did it !!!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jeffreyyu said:

Congratulations on the approval ana! safe travel to you future home...... with the help of God you did it !!!!

Thank you so much for this information! I've attached 3 screenshots of what the website says when a first set up the interview registration account. We have all of his documents and evidence and have a packet ready to take with us to the interview. The only thing missing is the instructions for his medical exam. I read somewhere on here that it supposed to have some type of forms my fiance would need to fill out and take with him to the medical exam and then to the interview (?). I found a similar evidence list like the one you posted, on the DOS website for Kingston, that's how we were able to get started on his No Impediment Marriage Cert and Police Cert, etc.

Should we just click anyone of those selections just so we can try and schedule the appointment?

We submitted the DS-160 last week. 

Screenshot_20180522-202648_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20180522-202641_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20180522-202659_Samsung Internet.jpg

Timeline
2 hours ago, AnaUmo said:

When was your case last updated? It is usually advised to not book the appointment until the status is set to "Ready".

The last update we received was from the NVC on April 12th saying they would be forwarding our case to the Embassy. The only thing after that was a confirmation for the DS-160 we submitted for him and ceac is still saying there's no status.

Timeline

Was your case status ever set to "In Transit" Or "At NVC" before it was set to "No Status"? That's a red flag to me because it's usually "At NVC">"In Transit">"Ready" from what I've read and experienced. Could you double check with the NVC that it was sent since you're in no status? Have you sent the embassy the email suggested as yet? I know you've had a long wait but I don't think it would be a good idea to get confirmation on the whereabouts of your case before you schedule your appointment.

Edited by AnaUmo

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Transferred? No
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

Timeline
9 hours ago, JDK2018 said:

Thank you so much for this information! I've attached 3 screenshots of what the website says when a first set up the interview registration account. We have all of his documents and evidence and have a packet ready to take with us to the interview. The only thing missing is the instructions for his medical exam. I read somewhere on here that it supposed to have some type of forms my fiance would need to fill out and take with him to the medical exam and then to the interview (?). I found a similar evidence list like the one you posted, on the DOS website for Kingston, that's how we were able to get started on his No Impediment Marriage Cert and Police Cert, etc.

Should we just click anyone of those selections just so we can try and schedule the appointment?

We submitted the DS-160 last week. 

Screenshot_20180522-202648_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20180522-202641_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20180522-202659_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yea you're scheduling a K visa appointment. Also when you're on the site ensure that you stick to the "Immigrant" side of the site: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Transferred? No
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

Timeline

That's what happens when I click on the IV side. The Non IV didnt have anything that applied. I kind of want to just select an option so I can get to the next screen 😕😔

Timeline
21 minutes ago, AnaUmo said:

Was your case status ever set to "In Transit" Or "At NVC" before it was set to "No Status"? That's a red flag to me because it's usually "At NVC">"In Transit">"Ready" from what I've read and experienced. Could you double check with the NVC that it was sent since you're in no status? Have you sent the embassy the email suggested as yet? I know you've had a long wait but I don't think it would be a good idea to get confirmation on the whereabouts of your case before you schedule your appointment.

On the ceac website, should I be putting in the DS-160 confirmation number or my NVC case number to check the status? I've only been using the DS-160 number. I'll definitely get in touch with the NVC, they too can also be a little unresponsive at times. I think I'm gonna call them instead of emailing them, what do you think?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.