TBoneTX

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC [Part II]

983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi everyone!

So, earlier today, I was just posting here that my fiance just received the email from NVC with our case number and I made an appointment for my medical for June 4th. 

I just came back home from work and checked NVC website to see what is the status for our case. I thought I'd see "Transit," but instead, I see "Ready."

Does this mean I can pay for the interview fee and make an appointment!??? Not complaining, but why was it this fast???? However, on the statues, it says "Case Created: 15-May-2018" so maybe our case number was already assigned on May 15th..? We have been calling NVC everyday, but they didn't give us the number.. Strange...? Well, I need to wait for my mother to come home to pay my interview fee since I don't have a credit card lol But yayyyy hopefully there are some June/July interview dates left in Japan!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Yuilicious said:

Hi everyone!

So, earlier today, I was just posting here that my fiance just received the email from NVC with our case number and I made an appointment for my medical for June 4th. 

I just came back home from work and checked NVC website to see what is the status for our case. I thought I'd see "Transit," but instead, I see "Ready."

Does this mean I can pay for the interview fee and make an appointment!??? Not complaining, but why was it this fast???? However, on the statues, it says "Case Created: 15-May-2018" so maybe our case number was already assigned on May 15th..? We have been calling NVC everyday, but they didn't give us the number.. Strange...? Well, I need to wait for my mother to come home to pay my interview fee since I don't have a credit card lol But yayyyy hopefully there are some June/July interview dates left in Japan!!!!

Yes your number was assigned on 15th :) 

congrats! Read my embassy review to check how the timeline was after embassy, I tried to add as much detail as possible. Ask any questions you like!

about the interview dates, first get whichever you can. Then check everyday, I realized they clean it up and put the ones that opened up now and then especially when they start having “no dates available”. The day I was able to reschedule last time, it first said no dates available then it opened from May to July!

after the initial date you got, you are able to reschedule up to 2 times with the same receipt number (more than that and you need to pay) 

right now it it looks like they’re out of dates, so it will probably open again soon.

Edited by Naes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@Naes Congratulations about your approval, you deserve it. I have a question. When i check our case status it says ready since 17th May but neither me nor my partner has received the email that NVC normally send. What is going on?

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Timeline
1 minute ago, kemm360 said:

@Naes Congratulations about your approval, you deserve it. I have a question. When i check our case status it says ready since 17th May but neither me nor my partner has received the email that NVC normally send. What is going on?

Hmm did you try calling and asking?

They seem to be irregular with these emails though..

(Also did you check your spam box? And if your email was correct in I-129f)

24 minutes ago, Naes said:

Oh Dear, Congratulations!!!!!! 

Now your cheekbones will hurt from smiling all the time, so start exercising! It uses different muscles than what we were used to for the past year!! :D 

You are so right!  I don’t think I’ve stopped smiling since we left the Embassy.  My face is already hurting!   :lol:

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

NOA 1: 08/23/2017
RFE Sent
:bonk:: 02/28/2018
RFE response recv’d by USCIS: 03/15/2018
NOA 2
:dancing:: 04/03/2018 (223 looooooong days)
NVC Received: 04/25/2018 (Electronic case)
NVC Case # Received: 04/26/2018 
NVC left:
04/27/2018
Received at London Embassy: 05/02/2018
Medical at Knightsbridge: 05/03/2018 (Originally 5/12 but got sooner date due to a cancellation)
Interview: 05/22/2018  APPROVED!!

Visa in hand: 05/31/2018
Fiance's POE : 06/11/2018  He’s HOME!!  
:wub:

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Naes said:

Hmm did you try calling and asking?

They seem to be irregular with these emails though..

(Also did you check your spam box? And if your email was correct in I-129f)

Yes we have checked both folders nothing came up. If i call them do you think that they can resend it?

Citizenship
Event Date
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  

3 hours ago, Naes said:

Daily update after Interview:

Interview date 5/21:

Date updated as 5/21 - Ready

Date updates as 5/22 - Ready

Status & Date Updated - Case Created as 5/22 , Application Received - Non-Immigrant 5/22 (12:30 - as an obsessive checker I was expecting to see Immigrant AP but didn't)

Status Updated - Administrative Processing - Non-Immigrant 5/22 ( around 15:30) 

yep unfortunately it matters... I think it is normal for now. Did you check how long other Frankfurt cases took?

I have been told that non-immigrant means it's being issued! So that's great news :D

h

2 hours ago, sillyali said:

I’m done with the interview and I just got approved too 😊 they gave me a paper with a phone number. CO said call it to register delivery address but it can’t be reached actually. I’m just thinking 🤔 didn’t we put the delivery address already when we scheduled appointment? should i still keep on calling? also what to do next aside from waiting for the Visa? 😬

What to do is located here at the website I have referred to many times but I will add what it says because it does address your issue. Everything in the process for Manila is contained on that website.

TRUST THE PROCESS :thumbs:

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

To update your delivery preference follow this link: 
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-iv-documentdelivery.asp

To track your visa status on the CEAC use the link below ( K-1 is processed as an immigrant visa) :
https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA== 

To track your visa status on USTRAVELDOCS this link is an option:
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp#trackingoptions

Here is a list for 2GO locations:
http://supplychain.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/tools/outlets.asp

Tracking your visa through 2GO:
http://supplychain.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/tools/tracking.asp

*Dashboard is blank on USTRAVELDOC*

After the interview, finding you dashboard on USTRAVELDOCS blank is very common.  You have 24 hrs after the interview to update your registered DELIVERY ADDRESS for your visa, if you want to change it.  After the 24 hours everything will go blank, then once the visa is issued all your data will appear again.

One Additional Way Of Checking your Passport/Visa Status

You can verify the status by sending your passport number as the SUBJECT and email to

passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com

If you receive an automated reply that says "Not Delivered," then your passport is  ready for pick-up at
the 2GO branch you selected.

Prior to "Not delivered," the status would be "Transit from post."
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

39 minutes ago, Yuilicious said:

Hi everyone!

Poor NVC... Damned if they do and damned if they don't. :rofl:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
26 minutes ago, kemm360 said:

Yes we have checked both folders nothing came up. If i call them do you think that they can resend it?

Try asking it. (At least that’s what I would do) 

It is not that crucial as your case is at the embassy. But it can be important if you wanted to use that for your medical. So give it a try :) 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

Yes your number was assigned on 15th :) 

congrats! Read my embassy review to check how the timeline was after embassy, I tried to add as much detail as possible. Ask any questions you like!

about the interview dates, first get whichever you can. Then check everyday, I realized they clean it up and put the ones that opened up now and then especially when they start having “no dates available”. The day I was able to reschedule last time, it first said no dates available then it opened from May to July!

after the initial date you got, you are able to reschedule up to 2 times with the same receipt number (more than that and you need to pay) 

Thank you so much!!! I will read your reviews and I'm sure I'd ask bunch of questions lol

So I just paid the fee for the interview at the embassy. Now it says like this:

Schedule Consular Appointment

Applicants for U.S. visas are required to appear in person for a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate. Please schedule an appointment for an interview.

There are currently no appointments available.

I know my payment will be received within 4 hours from now on, but my question is will I get the email or some type of notification that tells me i can make an appointment? Or do i need to keep going the page back and forth to find out whether or not i can make an appointment? (Just to be clear, I paid the fee but I still haven't made my first interview date yet.)

Thank you for letting me know about rescheduling the interview date! Did you request to get an earlier interview date if it opens up, or did you just check by yourself, or did you do it both??:)

Timeline
Just now, Yuilicious said:

Thank you so much!!! I will read your reviews and I'm sure I'd ask bunch of questions lol

So I just paid the fee for the interview at the embassy. Now it says like this:

Schedule Consular Appointment

Applicants for U.S. visas are required to appear in person for a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate. Please schedule an appointment for an interview.

There are currently no appointments available.

I know my payment will be received within 4 hours from now on, but my question is will I get the email or some type of notification that tells me i can make an appointment? Or do i need to keep going the page back and forth to find out whether or not i can make an appointment? (Just to be clear, I paid the fee but I still haven't made my first interview date yet.)

Thank you for letting me know about rescheduling the interview date! Did you request to get an earlier interview date if it opens up, or did you just check by yourself, or did you do it both??:)

So i was actually able to schedule right after I paid (didn’t wait for 4 hours but maybe because it’s nighttime?)

you need to check continously to see for an opening they won’t let you know (it sucks)

but its also good cause if youre you’re persistent enough like me it means you can get it and not everyone will get an email!

I first scheduled 7/9 as that was the earliest. Then I continously checked the “reschedule your appointment page” (this gets locked after about 20 times. So I checked once every hour or so. And when it starts telling you you’re approaching your limit, I think you have about 5-7 more tries. It resets around 9am japan time everyday :D)

then 2 days later at 6 am I caught 6/11! (I even know who this person was!) then I called them (not the Japanese but connect to English line! Japanese one is not helpful! They go classic Japanese on you and don’t do anything out of normal....everything should be the way it is format) they tried to help but it was full and the earliest they had was July 30... well duh I had june...(they only see what you see in that page!), they said we can call every day to check and that it was ok. (Extremely nice!) then I gave up (9am)... same day a few hours later they ran out of all possible dates (around 3pm) then Again same day it suddenly opened 1 May, 3 or so June and July dates! So I caught May 21!

In the end

I did it myself cause they don’t see anything you don’t see in that page!

just get used to rechecking and be careful about not overaccessing the page :) 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Naes said:

Try asking it. (At least that’s what I would do) 

It is not that crucial as your case is at the embassy. But it can be important if you wanted to use that for your medical. So give it a try :) 

Well i just called them and we are probably in problem, they said the email was sent on the 16th of May. We filled 1 as part of the email and they put 2 and now that makes the email a wrong address. I asked if she can resend it or correct she said it is not possible. 

Edited by kemm360
Citizenship
Event Date
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Naes said:

So i was actually able to schedule right after I paid (didn’t wait for 4 hours but maybe because it’s nighttime?)

you need to check continously to see for an opening they won’t let you know (it sucks)

but its also good cause if youre you’re persistent enough like me it means you can get it and not everyone will get an email!

I first scheduled 7/9 as that was the earliest. Then I continously checked the “reschedule your appointment page” (this gets locked after about 20 times. So I checked once every hour or so. And when it starts telling you you’re approaching your limit, I think you have about 5-7 more tries. It resets around 9am japan time everyday :D)

then 2 days later at 6 am I caught 6/11! (I even know who this person was!) then I called them (not the Japanese but connect to English line! Japanese one is not helpful! They go classic Japanese on you and don’t do anything out of normal....everything should be the way it is format) they tried to help but it was full and the earliest they had was July 30... well duh I had june...(they only see what you see in that page!), they said we can call every day to check and that it was ok. (Extremely nice!) then I gave up (9am)... same day a few hours later they ran out of all possible dates (around 3pm) then Again same day it suddenly opened 1 May, 3 or so June and July dates! So I caught May 21!

In the end

I did it myself cause they don’t see anything you don’t see in that page!

just get used to rechecking and be careful about not overaccessing the page :) 

Ok sounds good! Thank you soooo much for your help!

Yeah, I actually see that "i'm approaching the limit" in the page even before I make my first interview appointment LOL I'll wait for an hour or so and if I am still not able to make it, then I'll just call them tomorrow in the morning:)

That is so wonderful that you were able to get the earlier date. I know you had some emergency, so I am so happy for you.

Congratulations on your approval. I am extremely happy and proud of you. You have helped so many of us, and we really appreciate your kind support <3 

See you until I have another question..... LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.