pujaks

Filing for my brother and his wife and son, Which documents are needed

46 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I am U.S. Citizen. I am filling for my brother and his family including wife and son. I am confused while filling out the forms. I have filled out I-130 so far and In that i am not sure where should I fill for m sister-in-law and nephew. I have filled out family section in I-130 but I am not sure if that will include them as Beneficiary or not. Should I fill out G-325 for them to make them beneficiaries? 

I have not seen beneficiary's Passport as required documentation. Is it ok to file without passports?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

AOS, ROC, N-400, & PASSPORT, FOR HUSBAND TO USC

[02/23, 2012]  - DAY 001  (day 0001) (AOS) Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[06/01, 2012]  - 
DAY 099  (day 0099) 2-year Conditional GC in hand
[05/05, 2014]  - DAY 001  (day 0802) (ROC) Mailed package to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

[05/14, 2014]  - DAY 009  (day 0811) Received NOA1 (GC Extended for 1 year)

[01/14, 2016]  - DAY 620  (day 1421) 10-year GC in hand

[02/22, 2017]  - DAY 001  (day 1826) (N-400) Mailed package to Lewisville, TX, via USPS overnight

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 323  (day 2149) (N-400) Naturalization Oath Ceremony (5 years, 10 months, 19 days)

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 001  (day 2149) (US Passport) Applied for US Passport, regular processing

01/25, 2018]  - DAY 015  (day 2164) (US Passport) Passport in hand (5 years, 11 months, 3 days from start of Journey.)

AOS, N-400, & PASSPORT FOR DAUGHTER [OF HUSBAND TO USC]

[06/14, 2013] - DAY 001 Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[11/21, 2013] - Day 153 SSN and 10-year GC in hand

09/01, 2021]  - (day 3001) (US Passport) Passport in hand (8 years, 2 months, 18 days from start of Journey.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. Psalm 127:1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

nothing else for now, they were listed on the i130,

it will be 13 or more years, so your nephew might not be able to come

all civil documents, including copies of their passports will be handled at the NVC stage

now it's just a matter of waiting

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ok. So I will list them in I-130 as Beneficiary's family. And I will send three G-325A for all. So when time comes, I will send their passport copies. 

My nephew is 3 years old so I hope by that time it won't be an issue.

Have you read the I-130 instructions on the USCIS website? The questions you are asking suggest that you haven't. The G-325A is not required. 

You list the wife and children on the I-130 as family members of the beneficiary. The wife and your nephew are not beneficiaries, then are derivatives. In other words, if your brother dies before the visa is granted, they can't come on their own. Make sure you include yours and your brother's birth certificates to show you have at least one common parent. 

Note that the wait is currently 14 years and rising and this category may be scrapped completely. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

no

the G325A is not needed, only the i130, they are listed there as said, copies of the passports aren't needed until the NVC stage in over 10 years

for now, it's all about establishing the relationship between you and your brother, nothing needed about his family for now

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would expect 20 years plius, if the category is not cancelled.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline
14 minutes ago, pujaks said:

Ok. So I will list them in I-130 as Beneficiary's family. And I will send three G-325A for all. So when time comes, I will send their passport copies. 

My nephew is 3 years old so I hope by that time it won't be an issue.

Thee G-325A is not needed.  Please read the I-130 instructions from USCIS.

For India, I thought it takes 20+ years. If it stays like that then the son (your nephew) will age out.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

HI

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2018/visa-bulletin-for-june-2018.html

not much different from the rest of the world except Mexico and the Philippines

same year different month, currently they are working 2004

It’s currently 14 years for F4 as in those who filed 14 years are current now... but the wait gets longer every year because more and more people are filed for but the numerical limits per year don’t change. Your brother and family are now coming in at the end of the current line. Judging from my own experience having previously had a F3 petition filed (wait increased already from 10 to almost 13 years and probably will be longer before that PD gets current) I’d agree with Boiler’s assessment that 20 years is a more likely outcome.

2 minutes ago, pujaks said:

Ok. Let's see what happens. What if I hire a Lawyer and file for them. Does it make the process faster?

No. Lawyers can’t jump the line for you. You get a priority date when you file, and that’s what you need to wait for, lawyer or no lawyer. The only thing you know for certain with a lawyer on the case is that it will cost more.

2 minutes ago, pujaks said:

That's not true. When I filled for myself. Spouse visa, it was faster and I was in USA in 11 months.

11 months sounds like a normal time for a spouse visa.

Lawyers are not miracle workers. They don't speed up things. From VJ experience, they actually can slow the process down.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.