MisticJam

K1 visa waiting times?

9 posts in this topic

Hello community. My friend submitted their K1 document about 5 months ago and they haven't received a response yet. I did this process in early 2016 and it took about 4 months for my fiance to be here in the states with me. Does anyone knows any information about how long is is taking now?

They say that their case might be in AP so it is why it is why probably taking so long. I don't remember having any AP thing in my case. Can anyone elaborate?

They want to know what are the other expenses, after the submission of papers. Like the interview, medicals and then applying for residency when arrive to the States. I know I paid my lawyer for the service but never bothered about the details of what each thing costed? Like a break-down to pass it onto them?

If this is relevant, my friend's fiance is from Jamaica.

Its not in AP. Case is in AP after the interview.

Currently K1 process can even take up to 12 months.

If they want to check the expenses - they should probably check the USCIS websites. Everything. All the fees, all the information is up there.

Tell them to use Google... It's literally 5 second search. Can't be lazy if you want your immigration process to go smoothly - tell your friends that. All of us here do our own researches all the time.  ;)

Edited by Roel

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

1 hour ago, MisticJam said:

Hello community. My friend submitted their K1 document about 5 months ago and they haven't received a response yet. I did this process in early 2016 and it took about 4 months for my fiance to be here in the states with me. Does anyone knows any information about how long is is taking now?

They say that their case might be in AP so it is why it is why probably taking so long. I don't remember having any AP thing in my case. Can anyone elaborate?

They want to know what are the other expenses, after the submission of papers. Like the interview, medicals and then applying for residency when arrive to the States. I know I paid my lawyer for the service but never bothered about the details of what each thing costed? Like a break-down to pass it onto them?

It's all about ebb and flow at USCIS.

Seems like it about 10 to 12 months wait time on average now of days.   Last time I remember it being this long was around 2011 or 2012 time period.

Give it some time and they will be approving them in record time like 7 to 10 days for certain countries

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Thanks. So that 10-12 month is for the interview? 

What about that AP situation, what is that? I don't remember having that in my case. Will it extend the 10-12 months too?

Aslo, Roel. There is a difference between looking for the process to go smoothly and wanting to know what is the next step. I think the later looks clear on this post. But you have a point.

Edited by MisticJam

7 hours ago, MisticJam said:

Thanks. So that 10-12 month is for the interview? 

What about that AP situation, what is that? I don't remember having that in my case. Will it extend the 10-12 months too?

Aslo, Roel. There is a difference between looking for the process to go smoothly and wanting to know what is the next step. I think the later looks clear on this post. But you have a point.

That is IF they have an AP after the interview. But yes currently the K1's are taking 10-12 months overall until completion on a good day. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Filed :sept. 5, 2017

RFE: March 2, 2018 (notorized letter of intent to marry form beneficiary)

NOA2 : march 28, 2018( Approved)

NVC: create case num. APRIL 17,2018

forward to embassy April 20 2018

"READY" status April 25

Got a call from embassy MAY 14( RFE needed)

Documents suppliment for the Part 3 no.8

Court record history

Packet 3 recieved :MAY 18 with instructions and Readiness form...

Stressful and sleepless stage of processing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As some here have alluded to, it also depends on which country your foreign fiancée resides in. Countries like the Philippines has the longest wait times. They are near the top in terms of number of K1 applications received, whereas a lot of Western Europe countries width lower migration rates are faster. But even still just depends on the luck of the draw. My first marriage to a Filipina living in Hong Kong took about 5 months start to finish. But that was 20 years ago. Had we processed in Manila it would've been considerably longer. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
19 hours ago, MisticJam said:

USCIS is currently finishing up October K-1 applications and just now getting started on November; there's even a few June through September cases still lagging.  If they only submitted 5 months ago, they probably have 2 more months to wait until they get to the next step (NOA2).

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.