bigfooot

Help me please, can we get married before ds260

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I really need your help asap, so me and my girlfriend participated in dv 2019, and we both submitted that we were single back then, so recently, my girlfriend was selected, we were so happy, but also so frustrated because we don't know if it is possible to get married before submitting the ds260, is there any hope for us ? :(

+ we know everything about each other.

+ i have WhatsApp - Messenger discussions proofs.

+ i have an online invoice of a gift i gave her in 2014, and she's still have it.

Thank you !

Edited by bigfooot
mistake

Filed: Timeline

You can get marry before filing the DS-260.  Expect extra scrutiny for marrying after she won the DV since the US Embassy will suspect that you are marrying her for the sole purpose of immigrating to the US.  As long as you can show that your relationship existed before her winning the DV and you have a genuine relationship and the purpose of the marriage is not solely for you immigrate, you will qualify for a derivative visa.

Jojo’s post is spot on. 

I’d suggest she wait to submit the DS until after you are married, there will be an option for her to add a family member to her case which she will choose and then fill out a DS260 for you as well. Then bring everything you can to the interview to show the relationship is genuine, starting with what you have above, You’ll obviously be able to add photos of the wedding etc by then too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.