yasbarh

can i be married after interview?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

DV? Yeah you can. If you marry, you will come to US leaving your spouse behind and then petition for her. In around 2-2.5 years, she can immigrate to live with you.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 minutes ago, arken said:

DV? Yeah you can. If you marry, you will come to US leaving your spouse behind and then petition for her. In around 2-2.5 years, she can immigrate to live with you.

yes dv and i have not yet recieve my visa but im approved

Timeline

Your marriage doesn’t affect your visa so you marriage could’ve or can happen any time; before visa interview, after visa interview, before or after visa in hand. 

Spouse:

Myself:

Well it would have been much easier to do it before the interview then she could have got a DV visa too (faster and cheaper) but too late now. As Arken says, when you get to the US and become a green card holder then you can petition for your wife under F2A. Current wait time for that category is approximately 2 years.

Timeline
On 19/05/2018 at 12:29 AM, arken said:

Your marriage doesn’t affect your visa so you marriage could’ve or can happen any time; before visa interview, after visa interview, before or after visa in hand. 

if u are married before visa interview and u say ur are single u will be refused

4 minutes ago, yasbarh said:

if u are married before visa interview and u say ur are single u will be refused

But why would you claim to be single? You can enter as single and get married before the interview, you add your spouse to the case after the marriage, then you’re obviously no longer claiming to be single. The instructions are very clear that you can do this and many have done it successfully. As long as your marital status is correctly entered on the entry form to be true as at the date of entry you can do what you want after, get married or divorced, doesn’t affect the outcome.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
Just now, SusieQQQ said:

But why would you claim to be single? You can enter as single and get married before the interview, you add your spouse to the case after the marriage, then you’re obviously no longer claiming to be single. The instructions are very clear that you can do this and many have done it successfully. 

oh thanks. now i have spent my interview on 19/03 what i should do if im married after interview.  should i tell them ? 

9 minutes ago, yasbarh said:

oh thanks. now i have spent my interview on 19/03 what i should do if im married after interview.  should i tell them ? 

Well at this point i don’t think it will make a difference, you’ve had your interview, your spouse would have had to be at the interview to benefit as far as I know.  But it won’t hurt to call the embassy and ask if it is possible to still add your spouse to your case as your visa hasn’t been issued yet. I have no idea if this is possible or not. If they say you can spouse would obviously need to do medical, get police certificate and attend interview. You might have to go back too as they would need to be sure the marriage is genuine.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Well at this point i don’t think it will make a difference, you’ve had your interview, your spouse would have had to be at the interview to benefit as far as I know.  But it won’t hurt to call the embassy and ask if it is possible to still add your spouse to your case as your visa hasn’t been issued yet. I have no idea if this is possible or not. If they say you can spouse would obviously need to do medical, get police certificate and attend interview. You might have to go back too as they would need to be sure the marriage is genuine.

no she want stay her.  my question it s will not afect my visa issuance ?  because in my interview i waase single

20 minutes ago, yasbarh said:

no she want stay her.  my question it s will not afect my visa issuance ?  because in my interview i waase single

No it won’t affect it. If you were single at the time of the interview, that is what was relevant.

So you got married after the interview but she doesn’t want to move to the US with you, do I understand this correctly?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

No it won’t affect it. If you were single at the time of the interview, that is what was relevant.

So you got married after the interview but she doesn’t want to move to the US with you, do I understand this correctly?

yes i understand thanks a lote ^^ 

Timeline
6 hours ago, yasbarh said:

Well if someone lies then one can be denied anytime even at the port of entry. I wasn’t counting on lying.

Spouse:

Myself:

Timeline
On 22/05/2018 at 5:35 AM, SusieQQQ said:

yes it s like thas just what i should do ?  should id make it in my ds 260 or it s to late i should wait when i go to us.  what will hapen when they administrative processing will finish and if they fin me married what they will do with me

34 minutes ago, yasbarh said:

yes it s like thas just what i should do ?  should id make it in my ds 260 or it s to late i should wait when i go to us.  what will hapen when they administrative processing will finish and if they fin me married what they will do with me

You can’t change your ds260 now, it was your application for the visa, it’s handed in and finalized 

i already answered the last question 

i do find myself wondering why you got married if you are moving to the US and she isn’t...

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.