Whitakerd1029

Filled out the DS160 without NVC numberr

8 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Whitakerd1029 said:

Is that okay? I put my WAC number in the case number for the K1. Is there a need to go back and edit it or submit a new one? 

have you submitted it ? you should not submit DS 160 without case number. once your status of case READY then you can submit DS 160 and pay visa fee but yet your still have to wait for package 3.

I would say wait until you have case number then submit another one with case number. you can fill the ds 160 already but don't submit it until y ou are told to do so

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Whitakerd1029 said:

Is that okay? I put my WAC number in the case number for the K1. Is there a need to go back and edit it or submit a new one? 

There files are based on the assigned consulate case number not the USCIS.  

YMMV

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
11 hours ago, Whitakerd1029 said:

My ds-160 asked specifically for petition receipt number (wac).

you can’t change it if you submitted, I would suggest creating a new one to check what it asked for specifically (written next to the question)

Mine for my K1 specifically asks for "Application Receipt/Petition Number " (Your application receipt/petition number was given to you by the Department of Homeland Security’s United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) after you filed your petition application at a USCIS Service Center. The application receipt/petition number is 13 characters long and the first three characters are letters.)

is my WAC number okay or no?

Timeline
13 hours ago, Whitakerd1029 said:

Mine for my K1 specifically asks for "Application Receipt/Petition Number " (Your application receipt/petition number was given to you by the Department of Homeland Security’s United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) after you filed your petition application at a USCIS Service Center. The application receipt/petition number is 13 characters long and the first three characters are letters.)

is my WAC number okay or no?

It is ok :)

Timeline
On 5/17/2018 at 10:03 PM, Christy&J said:

have you submitted it ? you should not submit DS 160 without case number. once your status of case READY then you can submit DS 160 and pay visa fee but yet your still have to wait for package 3.

I would say wait until you have case number then submit another one with case number. you can fill the ds 160 already but don't submit it until y ou are told to do so

I submitted my DS-160 without a case number (cause it was not needed), then when it got at NVC, (not ready) I submitted.

Paying visa fee would depend on the person and country. I also paid my visa fee and got my interview date when it was at nvc (not advisable). 

However, DS-160 does not ask for a case number, and some embassies allows it to be submitted beforehand (some won't) so it won't matter as it is not really connected to any other stage of this :)

21 hours ago, Naes said:

I submitted my DS-160 without a case number (cause it was not needed), then when it got at NVC, (not ready) I submitted.

Paying visa fee would depend on the person and country. I also paid my visa fee and got my interview date when it was at nvc (not advisable). 

However, DS-160 does not ask for a case number, and some embassies allows it to be submitted beforehand (some won't) so it won't matter as it is not really connected to any other stage of this :)

oopss my bad ..thanks for correcting me ...yes I was reffering to my country Germany.

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.