CoffeeVegan

Recent case transfer

85 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline

I am aware that ROC and N-400 are two independent process. But some people here got their N400 approved and waiting for oath so what is the point of pending I-751? I thought that ROC was a step towards naturalization. Or are they going to realize that oops! We just realized that ROC is pending and we need to process that prior to scheduling the oath ceremony. So we have to wait little longer.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, NC1987 said:

Has anyone heard anything related to their RoC since they were transferred to a different jurisdiction?

NOthing yet , we still waiting 

On 6/14/2018 at 4:06 PM, NC1987 said:

Has anyone heard anything related to their RoC since they were transferred to a different jurisdiction?

Nothing yet.😴

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/update-form-i-797-receipt-notices-form-i-751-and-form-i-829

What does that interpret to ? Any insight guys? Thank you all. 

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

22 minutes ago, CoffeeVegan said:

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/update-form-i-797-receipt-notices-form-i-751-and-form-i-829

What does that interpret to ? Any insight guys? Thank you all. 

It's really just an acknowledgement that the ROC process is taking longer than the 12 months for too many people (and likely) resulting in increased Infopass appointments so they're pro-actively extending the validity of the letter from 12 to 18 months.  I can't imagine they make these decisions lightly and wouldn't have done so if they felt that the processing times were likely to improve any time soon.

Edited by bsp

2 hours ago, bsp said:

It's really just an acknowledgement that the ROC process is taking longer than the 12 months for too many people (and likely) resulting in increased Infopass appointments so they're pro-actively extending the validity of the letter from 12 to 18 months.  I can't imagine they make these decisions lightly and wouldn't have done so if they felt that the processing times were likely to improve any time soon.

Reaction to update that I couldn't figure out 🤤😕

Reaction to hearing what It means😂😭

Back to 😪😴

Edited by CoffeeVegan

Anne of Green Gables.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

no need for panics. my case was transferred. interview was schduled 30 days after transfer. interview letter in hand. roc pending so its a good thing..good luck

16 minutes ago, Alema_2011 said:

no need for panics. my case was transferred. interview was schduled 30 days after transfer. interview letter in hand. roc pending so its a good thing..good luck

Can you tell when did you apply for N400 and I751 ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, just found this thread. I've posted about it elsewhere on VJ but my husband had his N400 interview on Sat, June 23. He passed the test and told everything looked good, and he said it seemed to IO had his I751 file on his desk, but we weren't interviewed for it and told it had to be adjudicated at NBC. We have no sense what the timeframe for that will be. We called USCIS today was told the normal processing time limit at NBC is 36 months. We applied for ROC 21 months ago, got this transfer notice on May 8. We don't have a sense yet whether the fact that we've now had N400 will do anything to trigger our I751 app at NBC or not. 

Camelot13 | Sept 2016 | Aug 2017 |May 8, 2018| NBC Missouri | San Fernando Valley, CA|

05/14: We were married!!

06/04/14: Finally marriage license was recorded & we got a copy

06/05/14: AOS package mailed via Fed Ex overnight to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

06/06/14: (Day 00) Confirmation of delivery & receipt date recorded by USCIS

06/11/14: (Day 05) NOA 1 Hard copy of receipt received

06/13/14: (Day 07) Form I-797C received, Biometrics appointment scheduled for July 8

07/01/14: RFE for co-sponsor salary and tax info, which was already sent with original package. Resent a copy on 07/08/14.

07/08/14: (Day 32) Biometrics appt.

08/10/14: (Day 65) Noticed that USCIS status has changed from Initial Review to Testing & Interview!

08/21/14: (Day 76) Received EAD/AP in the mail!

09/25/14: (Day 111) Email notice with interview date set for OCT. 29!

10/29/14: (Day 145) Interview day - APPROVED!!!

09/21/16: Mailed in I-751 Removal of Conditions

10/14/16: Biometrics appointment

8/8/17: Mailed N-400 Naturalization Application

8/15/17: USCIS texted that they've received N-400

9/8/17: Scheduled for biometrics 

10/11/17: In Line to be Scheduled for N-400 Interview
6/23/18: N400 Interview (recommended for approval pending I751)

8/1/18: I751 Interview - approved

4 hours ago, Camelot13 said:

Hi all, just found this thread. I've posted about it elsewhere on VJ but my husband had his N400 interview on Sat, June 23. He passed the test and told everything looked good, and he said it seemed to IO had his I751 file on his desk, but we weren't interviewed for it and told it had to be adjudicated at NBC. We have no sense what the timeframe for that will be. We called USCIS today was told the normal processing time limit at NBC is 36 months. We applied for ROC 21 months ago, got this transfer notice on May 8. We don't have a sense yet whether the fact that we've now had N400 will do anything to trigger our I751 app at NBC or not. 

Camelot13 | Sept 2016 | Aug 2017 |May 8, 2018| NBC Missouri | San Fernando Valley, CA|

Call a Congress man in your state and get it done 

Would a congress person be able to help at this stage? Yes, we've finished everything about the N400 and are stuck waiting for the I751 apparently, but our I751 was transferred "for speed" to NVC Missouri and now their stated timeline is up to 36 months (15 more months for us to reach that point). Most other people who applied for N400 at the same time as us have wrapped up their process now or soon will take their oath, but officially it's still within the NVC timeline so I'm not sure legally I have much leeway to get a representative to press my case. Is there really anything we can do? 

We have an InfoPass set up on July 11 and hope to find out more and hopefully put a little pressure on to adjudicate the 751, but I don't know what they're going to say. This is ridiculous. 

05/14: We were married!!

06/04/14: Finally marriage license was recorded & we got a copy

06/05/14: AOS package mailed via Fed Ex overnight to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

06/06/14: (Day 00) Confirmation of delivery & receipt date recorded by USCIS

06/11/14: (Day 05) NOA 1 Hard copy of receipt received

06/13/14: (Day 07) Form I-797C received, Biometrics appointment scheduled for July 8

07/01/14: RFE for co-sponsor salary and tax info, which was already sent with original package. Resent a copy on 07/08/14.

07/08/14: (Day 32) Biometrics appt.

08/10/14: (Day 65) Noticed that USCIS status has changed from Initial Review to Testing & Interview!

08/21/14: (Day 76) Received EAD/AP in the mail!

09/25/14: (Day 111) Email notice with interview date set for OCT. 29!

10/29/14: (Day 145) Interview day - APPROVED!!!

09/21/16: Mailed in I-751 Removal of Conditions

10/14/16: Biometrics appointment

8/8/17: Mailed N-400 Naturalization Application

8/15/17: USCIS texted that they've received N-400

9/8/17: Scheduled for biometrics 

10/11/17: In Line to be Scheduled for N-400 Interview
6/23/18: N400 Interview (recommended for approval pending I751)

8/1/18: I751 Interview - approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.