audaud

packet 3 required for booking medical?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, audaud said:

hi guys, I was curious if my fiance needed his "packet 3" to attend his medical in London.. or could we just proceed with our case number? We are trying to do things as quickly as we can now that we've got our NOA2. Trying to cut any extra waiting if possible haha.

Any tips or advice?

I would really like to know the answer to this too! We are in the same situation.

Yes,as it would contain the LND # in order to book the medical appointment. plus the necessary documents needed at the appointment. I received my "packet 3" 3 weeks after My Fiance got the NOA2. I think you may contact NVC to get the LND # if you don't want to wait for "packet 3".. the more experienced VJers may correct me if I'm wrong. 

Edited by AfrobabeUK

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, audaud said:

hi guys, I was curious if my fiance needed his "packet 3" to attend his medical in London.. or could we just proceed with our case number? We are trying to do things as quickly as we can now that we've got our NOA2. Trying to cut any extra waiting if possible haha.

Any tips or advice?

Packet 3 is not much more than a link to your instructions and your case number. The Knightsbridge clinic will want to see your number on paper (not what you got over the phone) on the day of the exam. They will ask you verbally to tell them when you call for the appointment so you can book the appointment now.

Tips:  Get shots needed for AOS before your exam so all will be recorded. Ask for page 1 and  2 of the shot record before you leave the exam. You may need a statement from your GP and for sure need a health summary so work on that timeline before rushing to the visa exam. Sometimes trying to jump the queue throws you out of the queue for lack of having all your ducks in a row for things to flow smoothly.

Learn the desired order from the London embassy website. Read all the links so you work smarter. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

Learn what you must have in hand to take to the medical exam. 

http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-bring.htm

13 minutes ago, AfrobabeUK said:

Yes,as it would contain the LND # in order to book the medical appointment. plus the necessary documents needed at the appointment. I received my "packet 3" 3 weeks after My Fiance got the NOA2. I think you may contact NVC to get the LND # if you don't want to wait for "packet 3".. the more experienced VJers may correct me if I'm wrong. 

you are able to call them and get your LND number, and we have everything already needed such as the police certificate etc.. which is why I wanted to know if we could skip the packet :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rayandrina said:

I would really like to know the answer to this too! We are in the same situation.

This is the London forum. Your process in Ukraine could be totally different. Go to the RUB forum and ask. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/98-russia-ukraine-and-belarus/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.