50 posts in this topic

I applied to remove conditions on my conditional green card in august 2017,the gc was due to expire nov 2017. I got the extension letter couple weeks after submitting my application but I never got a biometric letter. 

I called uscis in January to  enquire about my application and the operator said everything looks good and I should get a letter soon. Before calling, my receipt number wasnt working so I couldn't track the process, after a month  that I called,the receipt number started working. And the status said case has been transferred to your local office Feb 5 2018, i checked back in March,the status hasn't changed but the date the local office received it changed to March 5 2018.  Till date no status changed. Does anyone knows what's going on?

Some people wait almost a year for a biometric appointement. I believe July fillers just starting getting their letter.

Total time for RoC is 12 to 15 months right now.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

17 minutes ago, solmart said:

I applied to remove conditions on my conditional green card in august 2017,the gc was due to expire nov 2017. I got the extension letter couple weeks after submitting my application but I never got a biometric letter. 

I called uscis in January to  enquire about my application and the operator said everything looks good and I should get a letter soon. Before calling, my receipt number wasnt working so I couldn't track the process, after a month  that I called,the receipt number started working. And the status said case has been transferred to your local office Feb 5 2018, i checked back in March,the status hasn't changed but the date the local office received it changed to March 5 2018.  Till date no status changed. Does anyone knows what's going on?

As @Roel has said it is taking at the very least 12 months right now to get a ROC approved. So I would count on 12-14 months.

9 minutes ago, Roel said:

Some people wait almost a year for a biometric appointement. I believe July fillers just starting getting their letter.

Total time for RoC is 12 to 15 months right now.

Thanks. Reading some threads here,some people are insinuating when the status says transferred to your local office, it means they are trying to schedule me for an interview is that correct?

3 minutes ago, solmart said:

Thanks. Reading some threads here,some people are insinuating when the status says transferred to your local office, it means they are trying to schedule me for an interview is that correct?

That is correct but understand a interview could be several weeks or a couple months out right now.

3 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

That is correct but understand a interview could be several weeks or a couple months out right now.

Oh wow. Thanks 

7 minutes ago, solmart said:

Well...

My case was moved to the "local office" in February and I haven't heard anything since. :D

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

1 minute ago, cd37 said:

They transferred file to local office for i 751. So you are looking for an interview. 

Ok thanks. I wasnt expecting an interview tho lol

1 minute ago, Roel said:

Well...

My case was moved to the "local office" in February and I haven't heard anything since. :D

Wow this process is just taking longer than expected. When did you apply for the roc

6 minutes ago, solmart said:

Wow this process is just taking longer than expected. When did you apply for the roc

July 2017.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

1 hour ago, solmart said:

Ok thanks. I wasnt expecting an interview tho lol

Did you file for the N-400? The answer may vary if you filed for n-400.

I didn't file for N-400 and I got the same transfer to local office message on 03.05.2018 (Note that my NOA is 11.10.2016). People speculated that an interview would be scheduled but that wasn't the case. A month later i got an approval update on 05.04.2018 and my card was mailed to me on 05.12.2018. No interview.

Transfer to local office doesn't always equal interview as I wasn't interviewed for my ROC. I hope this helps.

Edited by Bebe1

1 hour ago, cd37 said:

They transferred file to local office for i 751. So you are looking for an interview. 

This isn't necessarily the case. Got same message and didn't get interviewed.Got approved and i have my card with me. It's a well known glitch across the board for most people.

1 hour ago, solmart said:

Did you file for the N-400? The answer may vary if you filed for n-400.

I didn't file for N-400 and I got the same transfer to local office message on 03.05.2018 (Note that my NOA is 11.10.2016). People speculated that an interview would be scheduled but that wasn't the case. A month later i got an approval update on 05.04.2018 and my card was mailed to me on 05.12.2018. No interview.

Transfer to local office doesn't always equal interview as I wasn't interviewed for my ROC. I hope this helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.