Gijo12

my cover letter for filing I-751 Please help!!!!!!!!!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I am WCC. My background - married with my husband, JH, US citizen, on 12/13/2014 in Hong Kong. I entered the U.S. on 9/14/2016 with CR1 visa - 2-year conditional green card received later. I believe my I-751 filing open date is 6/14/2018 in a month.

Please advise my questions in red and see if my wording are good. Since we have been married for almost 4 years, I don't know how much evidence I need to include (just these 2 years or all 4 years??). Also, when should I apply for N400? reading other post saying I-751 is taking more than a year to get approved.

Thanks in advance.

Additional questions : Please advise - Thank you so much!

1. Do I have to write my name and my A# on every single page.

2. Should I write page number? for example one month bank statements - page 1 of 12  or page number of the whole package?

3. Do I need to include my marriage certificate ? It was provided before when applied for CR1 visa.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

USCIS Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden St., St. Albans, VT 05479

RE: I-751 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE:

WCC, A# xxx-yyy-zzz

Dear USCIS examiner:

Enclosed please find Form I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding my wife, WCC. Please also find a check for $680 the fee for this form. My wife, WCC, entered US with CR1 visa and USCIS granted my wife conditional permanent residence on September 13, 2016. We are happily living together and request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my wife (WCC).

Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship.

Thank you for your prompt processing of this petition.

Sincerely,

JH & WCC

Address

Cell

JH email

WC email

Table of Contents

Exhibit A:

• Original Citibank Personal Check, in the amount of $595.00 for payment of the I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence + $ 85 Biometric fee Is it just one check of $680 or do I have to 2 checks?????
  • Copy of USCIS Form I-551 front and back Is it my green card or the stamp on my passport?
  • Original Form I-751 filled and signed by JH and WCC
  • Copies of the passports and green cards of WCC.

Exhibit B:

• Copy of our 2016 US tax return & IRS tax transcript married filing jointly
  • Copy of our 2017 US tax return & IRS tax transcript married filing jointly
  • Copy of 2016 tax refund direct deposited to our joint Citibank account statement
  • Copy of 2017 tax refund direct deposited to our joint Citibank account statement

Exhibit C:

• Copies of WCC learner’s permit, and JH’s current driver’s license showing joint residence at “our address”
  • Copy of lease renewals listing us as joint tenants at “our address” for subsequent terms until June 30, 2019 My name,WCC, wasn’t on the lease from 2017-2018 because we were living with his parents and his mom didn’t put my name on it. My husband just added my name on it this month for 2018-2019 term, should I include the lease here at all??? The rent includes all utiliies so we don’t have bills and my husband paid for all phone/ cable bills under his name only. 
  • Copy of FEB 2017 to MAY 2018 monthly bank statements of our joint Checking account at Citibank and showing joint residence Do I have to show 2014- 2016 joint overseas accounts when we were in Hong Kong back in 2014-2015? all evdiences before 2016 were submitted when filing I-130.
  • Copy of FEB 2017 to MAY 2018 monthly bank statements of our joint Saving account at Citibank
  • Copy of OCT 2016 to MAY 2018 monthly bank statements of our joint bank account at Chase bank.
  • Copies of Citibank Master Cards for Account Number xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and corresponding statements from AUG 2016 to MAY 2018, with JH as the account owner and WCC as the authorized user

Exhibit D:

• Copy of our “XXXX” health insurance cards showing a joint policy.
  • Copies of WCC “XXXX” saving insurance showing JH as the primary beneficiary
  • Copy of JH’s company of the designation of JH life insurance to WCC
  • Copies of JH Deferred-compensation Retirement Plan Quarterly statements from 2017 to 2018 listing WCC as the primary beneficiary
  • Copies of JH Individual Retirement Account Number XXXXXXXXX quarterly statements from 2017-2018 listing WCC as the primary beneficiary
  • Copies of WCC Individual Retirement Account Number XXXXXXXXX quarterly statements from 2017-2018 listing JH as the primary beneficiary

Exhibit E:

• Copy of our airline tickets for our vacations in 2017-2018.
  • Copies of photos of us together at various events with family and friends throughout the years

I-751 Process:

VSC received Petition: June 18, 2018
NOA Date: June 20, 2018
Biometrics Date: July 26, 2018
Approval Date: July 12, 2019
Card received Date: July 20, 2019

N-400 Process:
N400 filed online: July 20, 2019
Biometrics Date: August 12, 2019
Interview Date: October 6, 2020
Approval Date: October 9, 2020
Oath Ceremony scheduled notice: October 14, 2020
Oath Ceremony Date: November 24, 2020

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Eligibility for citizenship is after you have been a resident for 3 years (if still married a USC).  So that would be 9/14/19 based on your entry date

YMMV

Timeline
4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Eligibility for citizenship is after you have been a resident for 3 years (if still married a USC).  So that would be 9/14/19 based on your entry date

Thank you so much! Do you have any suggestions on my cover letter for I-751? Thanks!

I-751 Process:

N-400 Process:

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Gijo12 said:

Thank you so much! Do you have any suggestions on my cover letter for I-751? Thanks!

Front and back of your green card. 

You can submit one check for the fee + biometrics  

YMMV

27 minutes ago, Gijo12 said:

I am WCC. My background - married with my husband, JH, US citizen, on 12/13/2014 in Hong Kong. I entered the U.S. on 9/14/2016 with CR1 visa - 2-year conditional green card received later. I believe my I-751 filing open date is 6/14/2018 in a month.

Please advise my questions in red and see if my wording are good. Since we have been married for almost 4 years, I don't know how much evidence I need to include (just these 2 years or all 4 years??). Also, when should I apply for N400? reading other post saying I-751 is taking more than a year to get approved.

Thanks in advance.

1. Do I have to write my name and my A# on every single page.

2. Should I write page number? for example one month bank statements - page 1 of 12  or page number of the whole package?

3. Do I need to include my marriage certificate ? It was provided before when applied for CR1 visa.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

USCIS Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden St., St. Albans, VT 05479

RE: I-751 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE:

WCC, A# xxx-yyy-zzz

Dear USCIS examiner:

Enclosed please find Form I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding my wife, WCC. Please also find a check for $680 the fee for this form. My wife, WCC, entered US with CR1 visa and USCIS granted my wife conditional permanent residence on September 13, 2016. We are happily living together and request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my wife (WCC).

Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship.

Thank you for your prompt processing of this petition.

Sincerely,

JH & WCC

Address

Cell

JH email

WC email

Table of Contents

Exhibit A:

• Original Citibank Personal Check, in the amount of $595.00 for payment of the I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence + $ 85 Biometric fee Is it just one check of $680 or do I have to 2 checks????? - one
  • Copy of USCIS Form I-551 front and back Is it my green card or the stamp on my passport? - green card
  • Original Form I-751 filled and signed by JH and WCC
  • Copies of the passports and green cards of WCC.

Exhibit B:

• Copy of our 2016 US tax return & IRS tax transcript married filing jointly  Include the tax return or the transcript, not both
  • Copy of our 2017 US tax return & IRS tax transcript married filing jointly  Include the tax return or the transcript, not both
  • Copy of 2016 tax refund direct deposited to our joint Citibank account statement not needed
  • Copy of 2017 tax refund direct deposited to our joint Citibank account statement not needed

Exhibit C:

• Copies of WCC learner’s permit, and JH’s current driver’s license showing joint residence at “our address”
  • Copy of lease renewals listing us as joint tenants at “our address” for subsequent terms until June 30, 2019 My name,WCC, wasn’t on the lease from 2017-2018 because we were living with his parents and his mom didn’t put my name on it. My husband just added my name on it this month for 2018-2019 term, should I include the lease here at all??? The rent includes all utiliies so we don’t have bills and my husband paid for all phone/ cable bills under his name only. include the joint lease and a note explaining previous years
  • Copy of FEB 2017 to MAY 2018 monthly bank statements of our joint Checking account at Citibank and showing joint residence Do I have to show 2014- 2016 joint overseas accounts when we were in Hong Kong back in 2014-2015? all evdiences before 2016 were submitted when filing I-130. This is join financials so you can include previous years if you want, but only if you were married at the time. 
  • Copy of FEB 2017 to MAY 2018 monthly bank statements of our joint Saving account at Citibank
  • Copy of OCT 2016 to MAY 2018 monthly bank statements of our joint bank account at Chase bank.
  • Copies of Citibank Master Cards for Account Number xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and corresponding statements from AUG 2016 to MAY 2018, with JH as the account owner and WCC as the authorized user

Exhibit D:

• Copy of our “XXXX” health insurance cards showing a joint policy.
  • Copies of WCC “XXXX” saving insurance showing JH as the primary beneficiary
  • Copy of JH’s company of the designation of JH life insurance to WCC
  • Copies of JH Deferred-compensation Retirement Plan Quarterly statements from 2017 to 2018 listing WCC as the primary beneficiary
  • Copies of JH Individual Retirement Account Number XXXXXXXXX quarterly statements from 2017-2018 listing WCC as the primary beneficiary
  • Copies of WCC Individual Retirement Account Number XXXXXXXXX quarterly statements from 2017-2018 listing JH as the primary beneficiary

Exhibit E:

• Copy of our airline tickets for our vacations in 2017-2018.
  • Copies of photos of us together at various events with family and friends throughout the years

answers in blue

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
8 minutes ago, NikLR said:

answers in blue

Thank you so much! I will include the new lease and a note explaining the last year .

"Include the tax return or the transcript, not both" which one is better? 

"This is join financials so you can include previous years if you want, but only if you were married at the time. " Yes we were married at the time. account open since 2015. Should I print all monthly statement or just December of each year showing the account is still active? 

I-751 Process:

N-400 Process:

10 minutes ago, Gijo12 said:

Thank you so much! I will include the new lease and a note explaining the last year .

"This is join financials so you can include previous years if you want, but only if you were married at the time. " Yes we were married at the time. account open since 2015. Should I print all monthly statement or just December of each year showing the account is still active? 

Tax return transcript is the better option.

all the monthly statements are better than just one per year.  You COULD do quarterly

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
26 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Tax return transcript is the better option.

all the monthly statements are better than just one per year.  You COULD do quarterly

Thank you very much! 

1. Do I have to write my name and my A# on every single page? 

3. ACCO fasteners or heavy duty binder clip to secure all those docs?

4. Do I need to include my marriage certificate ? It was provided before when applied for CR1 visa back in 2015.

I-751 Process:

N-400 Process:

Timeline
Just now, Gijo12 said:

Thank you very much! 

1. Do I have to write my name and my A# on every single page? 

3. ACCO fasteners or heavy duty binder clip to secure all those docs?

4. Do I need to include my marriage certificate ? It was provided before when applied for CR1 visa back in 2015.

1) You can

2) You can

3) Clips

YMMV

4) no.  Some people include it but I think it's completely unnecessary. 

Timeline
On 5/13/2018 at 6:03 PM, Gijo12 said:

Thank you so much!!! just thought of some questions to see if anyone can help. Thanks in advance.

For tax return and living situation - We got married December 2014 in Hong Kong and we filed the I-130 in summer 2015 where my husband came back to the US first to find a job. but I didn't enter the US until September 2016 (green card issued date).  Therefore, I didn't file tax in 2015 because I was still in Hong Kong. Do I have to write a note of explaining that? 

Since there was a gap from 2015 - 2016 where I was still in Hong Kong, do I still also provide all Hong Kong joint bank account, phone conversation ????But it seems like a duplicate info, which everything was already submitted when filing I-130 back then.

I am thinking that my friends and family can write affidavit to fill in the gaps.

Please advise.

Edited by Gijo12

I-751 Process:

N-400 Process:

Timeline

Thank you so much!!! just thought of some questions to see if anyone can help. Thanks in advance.

For tax return and living situation - We got married December 2014 in Hong Kong and we filed the I-130 in summer 2015 where my husband came back to the US first to find a job. but I didn't enter the US until September 2016 (green card issued date).  Therefore, I didn't file tax in 2015 because I was still in Hong Kong. Do I have to write a note of explaining that? 

Since there was a gap from 2015 - 2016 where I was still in Hong Kong, do I still also provide all Hong Kong joint bank account, phone conversation ????But it seems like a duplicate info, which everything was already submitted when filing I-130 back then.

I am thinking that my friends and family can write affidavit to fill in the gaps.

Please advise.

Can anyone help with my questions? Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I-751 Process:

N-400 Process:

On 5/17/2018 at 7:46 PM, Gijo12 said:

Please advise.

Can anyone help with my questions? Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your spouse still needed to file taxes for 2015 as married.  I didn't include my husband's filing of MFS our first year of marriage.  

Many people suggest sending things from before moving.  While the joint bank account, if used by your US spouse, would be beneficial, IMHO, you don't have to include anything from before immigrating to the USA.  You sent that information for the I-130. 

Edited by NikLR

Timeline
18 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Your spouse still needed to file taxes for 2015 as married.  I didn't include my husband's filing of MFS our first year of marriage.  

Many people suggest sending things from before moving.  While the joint bank account, if used by your US spouse, would be beneficial, IMHO, you don't have to include anything from before immigrating to the USA.  You sent that information for the I-130. 

Thanks. what is MFS and IMHO? My US husband did file 2015 tax but he was in hk most of the time and remained unemployed until december 2015. Therefore, he didn't have anything to show other than a confimation letter from IRS tax transcript saying " verification of non-filing of returns".

With that said,  I don't have to show anything before I entered the US on Sep 14, 2016 ?
I am now preparing all those joint account statement - So i guess l don't have to include 2015 things while we were in HK? 

should I print out every single month statement from the day I have the joint account with my US spouse ( after I entered US late 2016) ? 

Why I keep asking this if I should include anything before I entered U.S. as conditional resident. 

because the I-751 instruction said " Submit copies of as many documents as you can to establish this fact, to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date, and to demonstrate any circumstances surrounding the end of the relationship, if it has ended."

Thanks!

I-751 Process:

N-400 Process:

1 minute ago, Gijo12 said:

Thanks. what is MFS and IMHO? My US husband did file 2015 tax but he was in hk most of the time and remained unemployed until december 2015. Therefore, he didn't have anything to show other than a confimation letter from IRS tax transcript saying " verification of non-filing of returns".

With that said,  I don't have to show anything before I entered the US on Sep 14, 2016 ?
I am now preparing all those joint account statement - So i guess l don't have to include 2015 things while we were in HK? 

should I print out every single month statement from the day I have the joint account with my US spouse ( after I entered US late 2016) ? 

Why I keep asking this if I should include anything before I entered U.S. as conditional resident. 

because the I-751 instruction said " Submit copies of as many documents as you can to establish this fact, to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date, and to demonstrate any circumstances surrounding the end of the relationship, if it has ended."

Thanks!

MFS = married filing separately

IMHO = in my humble opinion

I would print out whatever you did not send with the I-130 moving forward, monthly, as long as you were both ACTIVELY using the account.

the I-751 instructions do state that BUT they also seem to assume the foreign spouse to have adjusted status vs entering via CR1 visa.  I didn't send anything from before moving except some bank statements, because we didn't have much joint anything before that point.   So there was nothing to show!  So in my opinion, you don't have to.  However you may choose to, which many people do, especially in your situation where you lived together before immigration.  Your choice.   I can suggest what is or isn't necessary, but you still have the choice to send something or not. 

For instance people send their marriage certificates.  I think it's completely pointless to do so and would suggest it's irrelevant, but you can make that choice to do it regardless. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.