TBoneTX

October 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

2,306 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi guys! So we got approved on June 13th, but so far we haven´t received NOA2 by mail. Are we going to need the hard copy for the interview? Should we request it? Our file is at NVC already and I´m afraid that if we start an inquiry the might send our file back to USCIS. Do you guys have any advice?  

So how´s everyone else doing? For those who are still waiting for approval, I´m rooting for you! God bless us all! 

Love you guys!   :wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ma🇺🇬 said:

Hi Octoberries. Day 251 here my fiancé called USCIS en this is the response below. 

On 06/13/2018, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-129F to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved: 
We have placed your case on a processing hold because the required security checks remain pending. Until we receive the results of these security checks, we cannot move forward on your case. We require the results of security checks before we make a decision on any pending case.
We cannot predict when we will receive the results of these security checks. Please be assured that we will make every effort to make a decision in your case as soon as the security checks are complete.  

We will inform you if additional information is required🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

hey!!! nov  filer here @ 246 days :( 

did your congress rep contact uscis for you?

at least you have some sort of response we are getting nothing sadly :(

6 hours ago, Amy & John said:

hey!!! nov  filer here @ 246 days :( 

did your congress rep contact uscis for you?

at least you have some sort of response we are getting nothing sadly :(

Hi it was my fiancé who contacted USCIS. She called and requested to speak to tier 2 but she was told that tier 1 would be able to help and they responded with an email.;)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
6 hours ago, Brigitte84 said:

Hi guys! So we got approved on June 13th, but so far we haven´t received NOA2 by mail. Are we going to need the hard copy for the interview? Should we request it? Our file is at NVC already and I´m afraid that if we start an inquiry the might send our file back to USCIS. Do you guys have any advice?  

So how´s everyone else doing? For those who are still waiting for approval, I´m rooting for you! God bless us all! 

You would need the copy from the NOA2. I would still wait. Do you know when is the interview already?

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Ma🇺🇬 said:

Hi it was my fiancé who contacted USCIS. She called and requested to speak to tier 2 but she was told that tier 1 would be able to help and they responded with an email.;)

Do you know of any potential reasons that could cause long security checks?? 

2 hours ago, Amy & John said:

Do you know of any potential reasons that could cause long security checks?? 

It really depends 

People I've spoken to who are waiting since june 

1)traveled a lot 

2) worked in 'high risk' countries 

3) lived in different countries than their own for 6 months plus 

4) difference in religion or age or both

5)other 

Uscis won't disclose why security checks are pending because case files pass through different hands. 

9 hours ago, Brigitte84 said:

Yea you definitely need that because your fiance might need it for interview as some embassy require the original I-797. And you need it for AOS

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

It really depends 

People I've spoken to who are waiting since june 

1)traveled a lot 

2) worked in 'high risk' countries 

3) lived in different countries than their own for 6 months plus 

4) difference in religion or age or both

5)other 

Uscis won't disclose why security checks are pending because case files pass through different hands. 

I fit into none of those... apart from other??

its a poor excuse on their part. Do uscis actually do these background checks or is it outsourced?? 

3 minutes ago, Amy & John said:

I fit into none of those... apart from other??

its a poor excuse on their part. Do uscis actually do these background checks or is it outsourced?? 

I think it goes to the FBI.. i think they are backlogged.. and you unfortunantley happen to be stuck in that backlog..

I recommend you get in touch with your state senator's office and have them inquire on your behalf. Make sure you check with the senator's office that they follow through your request. Also if you can set up a meeting with the senator. Find out their schedule when they are available and talk to them.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Katri said:

You would need the copy from the NOA2. I would still wait. Do you know when is the interview already?

Thank you! No, I don’t have a date yet, our file has just been received at NVC this week. I’m so afraid this could generate a big delay 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

Yea you definitely need that because your fiance might need it for interview as some embassy require the original I-797. And you need it for AOS

Thank you @Sarac9 I’m the beneficiary. I will wait until the 13th which is the deadline if we haven’t received it by then I’ll call USCIS, hopefully they will just mail it. 🤞🏼

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

i havent checked in a while, but see all the congrats and wanted to say congrats to everyone as well! this was a rollercoaster journey and I definitely would not have survived without you all! dont be a stranger! and I am serious about the meetups whomever will be in the states. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Not married yet but starting my AOS paperwork. I came across this link and found it useful for those starting to put AOS paperwork together. 

https://yaztalksalot.wordpress.com/2017/09/28/adjustment-of-status-from-k1-visa

Timeline

I’m in! Just got past the security checkpoint in SFO and it went really smoothly. Officer only asked when we’re planning to get married and let me in. To be honest he didn’t really seem to know what he was doing.

J1 Waiver

• 1/9/2018 - Packet shipped 🚚
  • 1/15/2018 - Packet delivered 📨
  • 1/16/2018 - Check cashed 💸
  • 1/30/2018 - Documents received 📨
  • 1/31/2018 - Requested embassy to send No Objection Statement 📄
  • 2/2/2018 - Embassy sent No Objection Statement to DoS ✉️
  • 2/2/2018 - No Objection Statement received 📨
  • 3/26/2018 - Favorable Recommendation 🎉
  • 4/2/2018 - USCIS Received 📨
  • 4/18/2018 - Approved 🎉

K1 Visa

• 10/5/2017 - Application Received 📨
  • 10/10/2017 - NOA1 📄
  • 3/30/2018 - NOA2 🎉
  • 4/25/2018 - NVC received 📨
  • 4/26/2018 - Case number assigned, CEAC In Transit 🚚
  • 5/3/2018 - CEAC Ready
  • 6/18/2018 - Medical 💉
  • 6/19/2018 - Interview - Approved! 🎉
  • 6/20/2018 - CEAC Application Received 📨
  • 6/21/2018 - CEAC Administrative processing 💤
  • 6/21/2018 - CEAC Issued ✉️
  • 7/2/2018 - Visa in hands 🛂
  • 7/6/2018 - POE 🛬
  • 8/18/2018 - Married! 🎊

AOS

• 9/7/2018 - Packet shipped 🚚
  • 9/11/2018 - NOA1 📄
  • 9/12/2018 - Check cashed 💸
  • 9/14/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Notice 📄
  • 9/17/2018 - NOA1 Hard copy 📄
  • 9/21/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Hard copy 📄
  • [Somewhere in between] RFE
  • 10/5/2018 - Biometrics Appt/Fingerprint review was complete 🛂
  • 11/20/2018 - RFE response 📤
  • 12/26/2018 - Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
  • 1/10/2018 - Interview Was Scheduled 📅
  • 2/4/2019 - EAD+AP approved 🎉
  • 2/9/2019 - EAD+AP combo card in the mail ✉️
  • 2/21/2019 - Interview
  • 2/21/2019 - Interview was completed and case must be reviewed 
  • 3/12/2019 - New card is being produced
  • 3/18/2019 - Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service

Removal of Conditions

• 3/24/2021 - Filed
  • 4/21/2021 - NOA1
  • 6/28/2021 - Biometrics
  • 9/29/2022 - Request for additional evidence
  • 10/18/2022 - RFE response sent
  • 10/26/2022 - RFE response received
  • 11/22/2022 - New card is being produced
  • 11/23/2022 - Case was approved
  • 11/25/2022 - Card Was Mailed To Me (Updated 11/28/2022)
  • 11/28/2022 - Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service
  • 11/30/2022 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.