Nabz

Visa approved but received email regarding administrative processing

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello everyone. I’m hoping someone can help me understand what is going on. Yesterday I had my interview for cr1 visa and I got approved and was told I should get my passport within 4 days. Today iv been called by my husband saying that he received an email saying that the case is under administrative processing, however I didn’t receive anything from the consulate( Nairobi, kenya). Is this normal? What do I expect, because I was so happy yesterday that I will finally be reunited with my husband only to get this news right now not knowing what to expect. Also the visa status still says ready( not administrative processing) and it was updated today. 

9 hours ago, Nabz said:

Hello everyone. I’m hoping someone can help me understand what is going on. Yesterday I had my interview for cr1 visa and I got approved and was told I should get my passport within 4 days. Today iv been called by my husband saying that he received an email saying that the case is under administrative processing, however I didn’t receive anything from the consulate( Nairobi, kenya). Is this normal? What do I expect, because I was so happy yesterday that I will finally be reunited with my husband only to get this news right now not knowing what to expect. Also the visa status still says ready( not administrative processing) and it was updated today. 

9 hours ago, Nabz said:

HI Nabz,

I am also in the same board, April 12, 2018 i had my CR1 visa approved at the consulate of Johannesburg and i was told that i will receive my passport and VISA within 4 days. But after 6 days i received a email:

"Please be advised that your application requires additional administrative processing.  The Consulate is unable to issue a visa if the applicant’s visa application is still pending administrative processing. The consulate is also unable to waive or influence the amount of time that this processing may take. Please be assured that you will be contacted as soon as this process is complete.

Sincerely,"

Can anyone help, i am so stressed 😓😟

Timeline
4 hours ago, Cristel said:

HI Nabz,

I am also in the same board, April 12, 2018 i had my CR1 visa approved at the consulate of Johannesburg and i was told that i will receive my passport and VISA within 4 days. But after 6 days i received a email:

"Please be advised that your application requires additional administrative processing.  The Consulate is unable to issue a visa if the applicant’s visa application is still pending administrative processing. The consulate is also unable to waive or influence the amount of time that this processing may take. Please be assured that you will be contacted as soon as this process is complete.

Sincerely,"

Can anyone help, i am so stressed 😓😟

My husband called nvc to ask what it could mean and they just say it’s normal and that most people go through this but they can’t tell us how long it would take unfortunately all we can do is wait and hope we get some good news 😓

Hello, I am in the same situation, interview April 5, 2018, I have an approved immigrant visa and consul told me that I would receive a passport with 10 working days. I sent several emails asking why the delay, response was that the case is being reviewed and soon I will have news!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Maria_ said:

Hello, I am in the same situation, interview April 5, 2018, I have an approved immigrant visa and consul told me that I would receive a passport with 10 working days. I sent several emails asking why the delay, response was that the case is being reviewed and soon I will have news!

Don’t worry I’m sure you will get it soon. My status online changed to issued yesterday and they sent the passport for pick up too. I really hope they do the same for you too soon

On the day of my interview there was a question "With who you stay", i answered with my sister and her two kids..... So their asked me to provide their documents  ( birth certificate ect......) In my understanding, i think they thought she's my wife. But i am still waiting, no news yet from the consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.