Lolo260

RFE during AOS interview for medical

1 post in this topic

hey we had our interview today. Everything went ok, officer was mostly questioning my husband. His English is good but not perfect so there were a few mistakes. He didn't separate us, and he only asked me one or two questions. He also allowed me to help my husband answer certain things. At then end he stamped a paper twice and had my husband sign it. But then he mentioned there were  a few pages left out of my husbands medical (i don think there really was but the civil surgeon we went to was a little shady so who knows) so he said everything was fine he was just going to send us an RFE for a new medical exam in the mail. i heard rumors about the 2 stamps tho is that a sign we passed? Our officer was not too  serious or mean he was very kind and making jokes the whole time. He basically just read us the questions from the last pages of the I_485. At the end my husband offered to show the photos we had even though the officer didn't ask for them and he seemed to love them even laughing at a few silly ones my husband didn't even realize I printed. He asked "do you feel its real?" Which we both answered overwhelmingly yes, of course. But now we are still kind of in Limbo. The officer didn't take his work permit, and he didn't give us an RFE in the office he said we would get it in the mail. So IDK.

I really think the officer wanted to approve us today. Would this be an indication that we passed? He said everything was fine but you know that feeling of peace doesn't really come until that card is in the mailbox lol but are these officers in the habit of requesting RFE but still denying GC? I would figure if they're asking us to get a WHOLE NEW medical exam instead of just bringing in the missing forms, they would have an idea about if we passed or not. Or is that just wishful thinking on my part? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.