Kings49

Issue with my passport

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello again, I have this Question in my mind to ask, back in 2015 I did my international passport, I was born on the 9th of March 1991 but the immigration made a mistake and added 1994 instead of 1991, last year July I applied to travel to the US but was denied, then after marrying my wife, before filling for me I told her that I want to change my date of birth as I don't like the 1994 Because it's not my real age and I want my real age, a lot of people tried stopping saying it might cause me future problem with the embassy because on their system they have my Data as 1994 and now if they discover that it 1991 I will have a big problem, but I didn't listen to them because I want to be honest, so around January of this year I applied to change the date of birth here in Nigeria, so right now I have my current date of birth. So my question is that would this be a big issue? Because someone said it will not be because I was not approved the last time and if I was approved on that age and now change it to this age it would have been considered Visa fraud but since I didn't get approved and go to the US, he said I will be fine but just in case they ever asked me, he told me to tell them the story. What he said is so comfortable but I am still very scared to be honest, please experience people out there do you think this will be an issue of me being denied? I need answer because I am troubled for being honest.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You corrected a mistake.  You are being honest.  It is what it is.  Keep telling the truth and if asked about the discrepancy, tell them more truth.  Your mistake was not getting the passport corrected right away.  That is water under the bridge.  You cannot go back in time.

Anybody who tells you not to worry is just blowing smoke.  It's Lagos.  They see lots of fraud.  They will deal with it as they decide at that time.  There is not one thing you can do about it.  If you hadn't changed your passport, then your date of birth on your birth certificate would not have matched your passport and you would have an even bigger problem.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
5 hours ago, Kings49 said:

Hello again, I have this Question in my mind to ask, back in 2015 I did my international passport, I was born on the 9th of March 1991 but the immigration made a mistake and added 1994 instead of 1991, last year July I applied to travel to the US but was denied, then after marrying my wife, before filling for me I told her that I want to change my date of birth as I don't like the 1994 Because it's not my real age and I want my real age, a lot of people tried stopping saying it might cause me future problem with the embassy because on their system they have my Data as 1994 and now if they discover that it 1991 I will have a big problem, but I didn't listen to them because I want to be honest, so around January of this year I applied to change the date of birth here in Nigeria, so right now I have my current date of birth. So my question is that would this be a big issue? Because someone said it will not be because I was not approved the last time and if I was approved on that age and now change it to this age it would have been considered Visa fraud but since I didn't get approved and go to the US, he said I will be fine but just in case they ever asked me, he told me to tell them the story. What he said is so comfortable but I am still very scared to be honest, please experience people out there do you think this will be an issue of me being denied? I need answer because I am troubled for being honest.

In addition to all Pushbrk has said,go to the high court in your jurisdiction to get a sworn affidavit of mistake on birth certificate,signed and sealed by a judge. Add the certified copy to the documents your wife will be using to file for you. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Abies said:

In addition to all Pushbrk has said,go to the high court in your jurisdiction to get a sworn affidavit of mistake on birth certificate,signed and sealed by a judge. Add the certified copy to the documents your wife will be using to file for you. 

We have already started the application since 3 months ago but I can still get it for the interview.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kings49 said:

We have already started the application since 3 months ago but I can still get it for the interview.

Get it as soon as possible so you can send it along with your supporting documents to NVC 

Timeline

Was the mistake on the birth certificate AND the passport?  Please clarify.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
7 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Was the mistake on the birth certificate AND the passport?  Please clarify.

No just passport, it was supposed to be 9th March 1991 But immigration made a mistake and put 9th March 1994 but now it is corrected.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Abies said:

Get it as soon as possible so you can send it along with your supporting documents to NVC 

You don't understand I have already submitted the application and it is in Washington DC, how can I submit it to them?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kings49 said:

No just passport, it was supposed to be 9th March 1991 But immigration made a mistake and put 9th March 1994 but now it is corrected.

So then, why would you ask a government agency to provide a document indicating your BIRTH CERTIFICATE had an error?  Get falsehoods OUT of your thinking completely.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
6 hours ago, pushbrk said:

So then, why would you ask a government agency to provide a document indicating your BIRTH CERTIFICATE had an error?  Get falsehoods OUT of your thinking completely.

Well in Nigeria a birth certificate is required to issue you an international passport and I used my birth certificate that States my real age but they made a mistake and a lot of people do have that kind of issues too either on a name or birth date, even the people working there are humans, so they are also expected to make a mistake too

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Kings49 said:

Well in Nigeria a birth certificate is required to issue you an international passport and I used my birth certificate that States my real age but they made a mistake and a lot of people do have that kind of issues too either on a name or birth date, even the people working there are humans, so they are also expected to make a mistake too

Did you not understand the question?  If there is no mistake on your birth certificate, why would you ask the high court to say there was?  To do so would be a lie.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
11 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Did you not understand the question?  If there is no mistake on your birth certificate, why would you ask the high court to say there was?  To do so would be a lie.

11 hours ago, pushbrk said:

If I get you correctly, are you saying I shouldn't go ahead to the court just as that woman suggested since there is no error on my passport?

7 hours ago, pushbrk said:

It wasn't the OP who suggested there was an issue with the birth certificate - it was another poster. 

Kings49 - what I think you are worried about is that you applied for a tourist visa with a passport which had the wrong birth date on it. And did you fill out that wrong birthday on the USA immigration forms too? 

Now you have applied for a spousal visa and are using the new corrected passport with your real birth date and have your real birth date on all your spousal visa forms?

Your birth certificate has always been correct? But you didn't have to provide that for the tourist visa just your passport. 

If you wrote the wrong birth date on your USA immigration forms when you applied for the tourist visa they may well catch that and ask you why you put the wrong date down then. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Kings49 said:

If I get you correctly, are you saying I shouldn't go ahead to the court just as that woman suggested since there is no error on my passport?

The woman suggested you get a document from the court saying there IS an error on your birth certificate.  At this point there is NOT and error on your passport and there NEVER was an error on your birth certificate.  That you even considered getting a court document about an CURRENT error on either the birth certificate OR your passport indicates to me you are not yet fully on board the TRUTH TRAIN.  Don't go get a court document attesting to a lie.  Don't consider it for one more second.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Trellick said:

It wasn't the OP who suggested there was an issue with the birth certificate - it was another poster. 

Kings49 - what I think you are worried about is that you applied for a tourist visa with a passport which had the wrong birth date on it. And did you fill out that wrong birthday on the USA immigration forms too? 

Now you have applied for a spousal visa and are using the new corrected passport with your real birth date and have your real birth date on all your spousal visa forms?

Your birth certificate has always been correct? But you didn't have to provide that for the tourist visa just your passport. 

If you wrote the wrong birth date on your USA immigration forms when you applied for the tourist visa they may well catch that and ask you why you put the wrong date down then. 

Correct resummarization of the issue.  If the discrepancy is asked about.  Answer with the truth, NOT with a false document about an error on a birth certificate, as the error was on the passport, NOT THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.