8 posts in this topic

Hello! My case status on the USCIS website shows approval on April 10th and “sent to the department os state on April 16th”. But my attorney hasn’t received the approval notice yet, neither the hard copy (mail) nor the soft copy (email). My attorney doesn’t get back to me quite often and I just can’t get much information from her. 

So would you guys enlighten me up:

1) is it common not to get the approval notice? How long does it normally takes to be sent by email or mail?

2)  Is it possible that the case hasn’t been approved even with the “sent to the department of state” status?

3) after the  “sent to the department of state” status, how long does it take to make to the NVC

Would be really appreciative to hear from you ASAP. Thx

Edited by Marimari12

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Marimari12 said:

Hello! My case status on the USCIS website shows approval on April 10th and “sent to the department os state on April 16th”. But my attorney hasn’t received the approval notice yet, neither the hard copy (mail) nor the soft copy (email). My attorney doesn’t get back to me quite often and I just can’t get much information from her. 

1) is it common not to get the approval notice? How long does it normally takes to be sent by email or mail?

2)  Is it possible that the case hasn’t been approved even with the “sent to the department of state” status?

3) after the  “sent to the department of state” status, how long does it take to make to the NVC

You should contact USCIS after 10 May.

There is a one month time on uscis website after which you can get to uscis if still not receive letter or anything you should be getting in maiL.

Our case was approved on 9 apriL on uscis website and we receive approval letter in maiL in next week.

Your case is approved but might be your attorney has not received it yet,you should be giving your own address.

32 minutes ago, Marimari12 said:

Your case approved and already its way to nvc which is good thing. It shouldn't take more than 14 days to reach nvc from the day its send from uscis. So after 14 days you can call nvc to check whether they received your case.

3 hours ago, Reqahmed said:

Your case approved and already its way to nvc which is good thing. It shouldn't take more than 14 days to reach nvc from the day its send from uscis. So after 14 days you can call nvc to check whether they received your case.

My noa2 is from April 3 in the copy and internet is from April 4 today ... 20 day since my approval  i call everyday and they don’t have it yet 

12 hours ago, Mariasd21 said:

My noa2 is from April 3 in the copy and internet is from April 4 today ... 20 day since my approval  i call everyday and they don’t have it yet 

When uscis send to nvc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.