I765Hopeful

Filed I765 Nine Months Ago, Still No Word. Any Advice?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uganda
Timeline

My wife filed for adjustment of status 9 months ago with still no word of progress from USCIS (they initially emailed to let us know that they received the filing, and we get generic responses to service requests, etc. But, that's about all we have heard back). She has done her biometrics, etc. as well. 

We know the adjustment of status and green card take a long while, but we are concerned about the I765 Employment Authorization request we filed for as it seems like she should have been approved for it by now.

Again, we have put in multiple service requests and have even been in contact with our congressman's office. Any advice out there on what to do? (we are considering petitioning the ombudsman very soon). Any experience/advice would be appreciated. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
On 21/04/2018 at 1:20 PM, I765Hopeful said:

My wife filed for adjustment of status 9 months ago with still no word of progress from USCIS (they initially emailed to let us know that they received the filing, and we get generic responses to service requests, etc. But, that's about all we have heard back). She has done her biometrics, etc. as well. 

We know the adjustment of status and green card take a long while, but we are concerned about the I765 Employment Authorization request we filed for as it seems like she should have been approved for it by now.

Again, we have put in multiple service requests and have even been in contact with our congressman's office. Any advice out there on what to do? (we are considering petitioning the ombudsman very soon). Any experience/advice would be appreciated. 

Hello,

Sorry for the long wait, it must be hard. I am not as far as you in the process but I would suggest, on top of the congressman help, sending a request to the ombudsman because you are way outside of processing times for EAD, that are 2.5 to 5 months now . Also booking an Infopass to visit your field office and plead your case.

To find an Infopass appointment, just google: USCIS Infopass to see the available times. If you try at this time of the day there wont be any available most likely, so do it at night between Midnight and 1AM to maximize your chances.

I hope you get something very soon. Good luck, God bless

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 4/21/2018 at 12:20 PM, I765Hopeful said:

I'm sorry to hear that.. we are also in the same boat. We actually got an RFIE for our i-131 (7 months after we sent in everything) first and we hadn't sent in any service requests for that for that form. All our service requests for the i-765 supposedly have been completed and assigned to an officer and no news on anything. Our last service request started with a WKD from a T2 officer and they told us to call after 20 days if we heard nothing... so next week we'll be following up. :(

I don't know what's going on..I wish we could call directly and speak to however has our case and remind them we're still here waiting! 

I hope you hear something soon too.. 

Spoiler

AoS

August 22, 2017 - USCIS received 485, 131, 765 forms

August 24, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date for 485, 131, 765

August 25, 2017 - Biometrics Notice Date 

September 15, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment for 485 and 765 Completed 

March 30, 2018 - Received RFE for I-131 (in hand April 5th) It was a request for more information because I (wife) filled the preparer's section of the form *face palm*

April 11, 2018 - USCIS  notification that our RFIE was received. 

May 18, 2018 - email from USCIS "new card is being produced" (269 days)

May 23, 2018 - Card was Mailed to me (e-notification)

May 25, 2018 - NOAs for EAD/AP approval  (mail)

May 26, 2018 - received combo card!! 

June 20, 2018 - Green Card Interview Date Notice

July 26, 2018 - Green Card Interview

August 3, 2018 - Green Card in hand!!

Spoiler

K-1 Visa

December 2, 2016 - sent I-129F packet from Cartagena to my US mailing address

December 5, 2016 - my mom sent I-129F pack to Lewsville, TX

Decmber 6, 2016 - I-129F packet received

December 9. 2016 - NOA1 e-notification receipt

December 15, 2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

March 8, 2017 - NOA2 APPROVED

March 21, 2017 - NVC CASE # 

April 26-29 - Lab, Medical Exam, and Fingerprints done

May 2, 2017 - Interview in Bogotá  && APPROVED!

July 19, 2017 -THE LOML & I TRAVEL TO USA

July 27, 2017 - Married 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 21.04.2018 at 1:20 PM, I765Hopeful said:

I am so sorry you had to go through that! It's been 7 months for me and can't imagine your wife's experience.

Please e-mail or call again your Congressman's office and ask them to reach out USCIS again. They give little bit straight information to them. And no reaal information for us :( uughhh

Just like @Nouchigangombudsman might be helpful. I fill out the form and I am waiting for them to work on it. It seems like, they are not fast as we hope them to be. here is the link for ombudsman request, you gotta fill this out first. works best on internet explorer, https://cisomb.dhs.gov/oca/form7001.aspx (this website is really bad, you gotta be fast to fill this out, so you might wanna keep all the information you need around you)

hope you hear something soon...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uganda
Timeline
1 hour ago, fatma-w said:

I am so sorry you had to go through that! It's been 7 months for me and can't imagine your wife's experience.

Please e-mail or call again your Congressman's office and ask them to reach out USCIS again. They give little bit straight information to them. And no reaal information for us :( uughhh

Just like @Nouchigangombudsman might be helpful. I fill out the form and I am waiting for them to work on it. It seems like, they are not fast as we hope them to be. here is the link for ombudsman request, you gotta fill this out first. works best on internet explorer, https://cisomb.dhs.gov/oca/form7001.aspx (this website is really bad, you gotta be fast to fill this out, so you might wanna keep all the information you need around you)

hope you hear something soon...

Thank you so much for the info. My wife and I will be praying for your situation and we will update if we hear anything. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.