deafguy72

DCF for stepdaughter

21 posts in this topic

Hi,

Guys, I am trying to make it short to explain here. Okay, I made a huge mistake filed a petition for my wife in the States even I am living overseas here in the Philippines. That is a long process from USCIS>NVC then soon CONSULATE. So anyways, my stepdaughter who is now 19 years old wanting to immigrate to the US just recently. I married to her mother when she was 16 I think so I know I'm able to file a petition for my stepdaughter via DCF which is better and fast. My wife's petition is still on process at NVC anytime forward to the embassy in Manila. I'm TRYING to decide how soon I could file for my stepchild if it is better for my wife to get approval FIRST? Then I file for stepchild the next to avoid any conflict with AOS? Okay, it will be 4 for the household ( me, my wife and 2 little boys ) on my AOS for only intending immigrant is my wife. Then other AOS I will make it 5 for the household ( me, wife, 2 little boys and stepdaughter ) Would it be any RED FLAG if file petition before my wife's interview?? By the way I'm hearing impaired and did asked for DCF at the embassy before I went to the States to file the petition for my wife. She said if I'm permanent resident so thought it means ( living in the Philippines FOREVER ) It was my fault I did not do my homework to research about DCF in the first place :( 

I would appreciate your suggestion here for filing stepchild to avoid RED FLAG. Thanks!!

7 minutes ago, deafguy72 said:

Hi,

Guys, I am trying to make it short to explain here. Okay, I made a huge mistake filed a petition for my wife in the States even I am living overseas here in the Philippines. That is a long process from USCIS>NVC then soon CONSULATE. So anyways, my stepdaughter who is now 19 years old wanting to immigrate to the US just recently. I married to her mother when she was 16 I think so I know I'm able to file a petition for my stepdaughter via DCF which is better and fast. My wife's petition is still on process at NVC anytime forward to the embassy in Manila. I'm TRYING to decide how soon I could file for my stepchild if it is better for my wife to get approval FIRST? Then I file for stepchild the next to avoid any conflict with AOS? Okay, it will be 4 for the household ( me, my wife and 2 little boys ) on my AOS for only intending immigrant is my wife. Then other AOS I will make it 5 for the household ( me, wife, 2 little boys and stepdaughter ) Would it be any RED FLAG if file petition before my wife's interview?? By the way I'm hearing impaired and did asked for DCF at the embassy before I went to the States to file the petition for my wife. She said if I'm permanent resident so thought it means ( living in the Philippines FOREVER ) It was my fault I did not do my homework to research about DCF in the first place :( 

I would appreciate your suggestion here for filing stepchild to avoid RED FLAG. Thanks!!

Hank is the guy that can help you as he has experience with this process.

I on the otherhand can assign homework for you to read as part of your "new research" schedule. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

9 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Hank is the guy that can help you as he has experience with this process.

I on the otherhand can assign homework for you to read as part of your "new research" schedule. 

Thanks Greenbaum! Maybe the only way to find out with info pass appointment and go there asking with my questions. I'll be waiting for Magician Hank to make a response here :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, deafguy72 said:

Hi,

Are you LPR or USC?

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, deafguy72 said:

USC as well. I think you could see my profile photo right there :D

How does a photo tell me anything

YMMV

2 hours ago, deafguy72 said:

Hi,

Additional to this. I'm on Social Security Disability and my boys receive benefits as well. Our income combine makes more than poverty guideline requires to bring intending immigrant, my wife the mother of my boys. I do have savings thousands of dollars as well to add up as asset for stepdaughter because it is about $280 dollars shortfall to multiply 3 times the asset if Im not mistaken. 

6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

How does a photo tell me anything

Oh that must be for sure. Me stupid lol yea I'm an American born in the States and is currently living in the Philippines since 2011

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, deafguy72 said:

Hi,

You are a USC ?  Have you been living in the Phils for 6 mos or more?  if yes to both -   I would get in contact with USCIS at the embassy  to complete the DCF for your wife and the child.  Explain your situation and that you had asked about DCF before but there was mis-communication because of your hearing issue ... lay it on thick ;)  .      With DCF you can be done in about 60 days of filing.     

If you try to file a DCF for your step-daughter alone there may be more issues, simple because your wife's approval is needed with the daughter's.

There is nothing to cause red flags.  Just a change of heart with the daughter.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/international-offices/philippines-uscis-manila-field-office

Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Form and Fee Information

Purpose:

To establish your relationship to a relative who wishes to immigrate to the United States.

Who May File or Receive Service:

U.S. citizens residing in the Philippines filing on behalf of their spouse, unmarried child under the age of 21 or parent (if the U.S. citizen is 21 years of age or older).

U.S. citizens residing in USCIS Manila's jurisdiction but outside of the Philippines may file with the Department of State only if the USCIS Manila field office director determines that there are exceptional circumstances.

Active duty U.S. Military: Active duty U.S. military service members stationed permanently at a military base in USCIS Manila’s jurisdiction but outside of the Philippines may file this form directly with the Department of State without needing to establish exceptional circumstances.

Filing and Other Special Instructions:

If you are filing with USCIS Manila, you must submit the petition and supporting evidence in person.

Evidence of residency must be submitted with the petition. The evidence you submit must support a determination that you are a resident in the Philippines.

Please Note: Certain pieces of evidence may more strongly support a finding of residency than others.  For petitions filed at this field office, you must submit one or more of the following:

• Resident Alien Card
  • Foreign Property Deed/Rental/Lease

In addition, other evidence of residency may include, but is not limited to:

• Utility bills
  • Housing lease
  • Work contract or other employment documents
  • Proof of local registration
  • Local bank statements
  • Proof of school enrollment
  • Vehicle registration
  • Valid local driver’s license
  • Tax documents listing an address in the Philippines
  • Passport entry stamp
  • Foreign property deeds or registration (although proof of property ownership in itself, may be insufficient if there is no evidence that the petitioner resides at that property)

Any document issued in a foreign language must be accompanied by a full English translation and by the translator's certification that he or she is competent to translate the foreign language into English. The original documents, with one copy of the original documents, and the English translation should be submitted with the petition. Any original documents submitted upon USCIS’ request will be returned.

If you live outside of the Philippines in a country where we do not have an office, and you believe that exceptional circumstances justify filing your petition overseas, please go to the nearest U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate to make your request to file. You must provide evidence of exceptional circumstances. The consular section will contact the field office director to request permission to accept your petition overseas. If your request is denied, you will need to file with the Chicago Lockbox.

Petitions from lawful permanent residents and petitions for relatives of U.S. citizens other than those mentioned in the "Who May File or Receive Service" section must be filed with the Chicago Lockbox.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

19 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You are a USC ?  Have you been living in the Phils for 6 mos or more?  if yes to both -   I would get in contact with USCIS at the embassy  to complete the DCF for your wife and the child.  Explain your situation and that you had asked about DCF before but there was mis-communication because of your hearing issue ... lay it on thick ;)  .      With DCF you can be done in about 60 days of filing.     

If you try to file a DCF for your step-daughter alone there may be more issues, simple because your wife's approval is needed with the daughter's.

There is nothing to cause red flags.  Just a change of heart with the daughter.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/international-offices/philippines-uscis-manila-field-office

Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Form and Fee Information

Purpose:

To establish your relationship to a relative who wishes to immigrate to the United States.

Who May File or Receive Service:

U.S. citizens residing in the Philippines filing on behalf of their spouse, unmarried child under the age of 21 or parent (if the U.S. citizen is 21 years of age or older).

U.S. citizens residing in USCIS Manila's jurisdiction but outside of the Philippines may file with the Department of State only if the USCIS Manila field office director determines that there are exceptional circumstances.

Active duty U.S. Military: Active duty U.S. military service members stationed permanently at a military base in USCIS Manila’s jurisdiction but outside of the Philippines may file this form directly with the Department of State without needing to establish exceptional circumstances.

Filing and Other Special Instructions:

If you are filing with USCIS Manila, you must submit the petition and supporting evidence in person.

Evidence of residency must be submitted with the petition. The evidence you submit must support a determination that you are a resident in the Philippines.

Please Note: Certain pieces of evidence may more strongly support a finding of residency than others.  For petitions filed at this field office, you must submit one or more of the following:

• Resident Alien Card
  • Foreign Property Deed/Rental/Lease

In addition, other evidence of residency may include, but is not limited to:

• Utility bills
  • Housing lease
  • Work contract or other employment documents
  • Proof of local registration
  • Local bank statements
  • Proof of school enrollment
  • Vehicle registration
  • Valid local driver’s license
  • Tax documents listing an address in the Philippines
  • Passport entry stamp
  • Foreign property deeds or registration (although proof of property ownership in itself, may be insufficient if there is no evidence that the petitioner resides at that property)

Any document issued in a foreign language must be accompanied by a full English translation and by the translator's certification that he or she is competent to translate the foreign language into English. The original documents, with one copy of the original documents, and the English translation should be submitted with the petition. Any original documents submitted upon USCIS’ request will be returned.

If you live outside of the Philippines in a country where we do not have an office, and you believe that exceptional circumstances justify filing your petition overseas, please go to the nearest U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate to make your request to file. You must provide evidence of exceptional circumstances. The consular section will contact the field office director to request permission to accept your petition overseas. If your request is denied, you will need to file with the Chicago Lockbox.

Petitions from lawful permanent residents and petitions for relatives of U.S. citizens other than those mentioned in the "Who May File or Receive Service" section must be filed with the Chicago Lockbox.

Thank you Hank for this information. Yes to both I'm a USC and been residing more then 6 months. The problem is that I filed for my wife last year in April 2017 so NVC is rolling much faster, thank god so my point is if I should wait until my wife gets approval then I will hand wife's visa to USCIS for proof to file for stepdaughter if its better that way. I can go there and ask some questions. Yes, that is correct I did not understand that lady at first she said " are you a legal permanent resident? " I thought I was required to have 13a visa but I really did have ACR-I card and 1 year BB visa. Sayang! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, deafguy72 said:

Thank you Hank for this information. Yes to both I'm a USC and been residing more then 6 months. The problem is that I filed for my wife last year in April 2017 so NVC is rolling much faster, thank god so my point is if I should wait until my wife gets approval then I will hand wife's visa to USCIS for proof to file for stepdaughter if its better that way. I can go there and ask some questions. Yes, that is correct I did not understand that lady at first she said " are you a legal permanent resident? " I thought I was required to have 13a visa but I really did have ACR-I card and 1 year BB visa. Sayang! 

Ah yes ... total miscommunications .. that is sad.    

I would for sure talk to USCIS see about getting your wife's file moved / expedited  then filing for your step-daughter.

the rules are very different for LPR and USC filing for a spouse and child. .. can get confusing.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Ah yes ... total miscommunications .. that is sad.    

I would for sure talk to USCIS see about getting your wife's file moved / expedited  then filing for your step-daughter.

the rules are very different for LPR and USC filing for a spouse and child. .. can get confusing.

There will be a case complete for my wife soon to be forwarded to the embassy. Can you bring up what subject should I ask on 2nd floor by SSA? They probably don't want to deal with hearing impaired so I'm sorry if I sound rude because of this. Yea, I would need to go up there with my stepdaughter to interpret the situation to see what can be done. I want to thank you Hank for helping this! :) 

Timeline
Just now, deafguy72 said:

There will be a case complete for my wife soon to be forwarded to the embassy. Can you bring up what subject should I ask on 2nd floor by SSA? They probably don't want to deal with hearing impaired so I'm sorry if I sound rude because of this. Yea, I would need to go up there with my stepdaughter to interpret the situation to see what can be done. I want to thank you Hank for helping this! :) 

AH!  Your case file is at NVC!!  Wonderful!!    Yes, do contact USCIS about starting her petition (bring copy of the NOA2 Approval Notice from USICS for your wife ), maybe get both interviews together .. now wouldn't that be cool!  

Do take note that your wife's interview date can be rescheduled once the case file is at the embassy.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/immigrant-visa-application.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

AH!  Your case file is at NVC!!  Wonderful!!    Yes, do contact USCIS about starting her petition (bring copy of the NOA2 Approval Notice from USICS for your wife ), maybe get both interviews together .. now wouldn't that be cool!  

Do take note that your wife's interview date can be rescheduled once the case file is at the embassy.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/immigrant-visa-application.html

Hank, I have something interesting to say here. Someone mentioned that my stepdaughter, still single, possibly not immigrate because she has a minor child a guy fathered the child I'm calling sperm donor whatever. I believe that my stepdaughter is eligible to immigrate but not the minor child I already know and read about that information awhile ago. Am I correct? And know the system been the same policy with USCIS lol

6 minutes ago, deafguy72 said:

Hank, I have something interesting to say here. Someone mentioned that my stepdaughter, still single, possibly not immigrate because she has a minor child a guy fathered the child I'm calling sperm donor whatever. I believe that my stepdaughter is eligible to immigrate but not the minor child I already know and read about that information awhile ago. Am I correct? And know the system been the same policy with USCIS lol

I think I found this from USCIS website.

Who May Not File Form I-130?

8. A grandparent, (( grandchild )), nephew, niece, uncle, aunt, cousin, or parent-in-law.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.