ninjup

Notarized Letter of Parents Advice

24 posts in this topic

I am coming to the Philippines to get married in a few weeks. Both of us are between 21 and 25. Do I, as the foreigner, need the notarized letter of parents advice? My mom, dad, and I live in different places in the United States, and getting all of us in the same room to sign the form and get it notarized might be a little difficult. I already have setup an appointment at the US Embassy to get the legal capacity to marry, and I think the notarized letter is the only other thing that I need. 

Thanks!

Edited by ninjup

1 hour ago, ninjup said:

I am coming to the Philippines to get married in a few weeks. Both of us are between 21 and 25. Do I, as the foreigner, need the notarized letter of parents advice? My mom, dad, and I live in different places in the United States, and getting all of us in the same room to sign the form and get it notarized might be a little difficult. I already have setup an appointment at the US Embassy to get the legal capacity to marry, and I think the notarized letter is the only other thing that I need. 

Thanks!

What age are you?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

A consent/advice letter is needed to get married.  

Doubt the requirement applies to foreigners though .. just don't know for fact.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines**

It states;  21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent. 

https://www.lawphil.net/executive/execord/eo1987/eo_209_1987.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 7 months later...
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Miikk said:

Dude where can I get a parental advice form. We are on the same case

The attorney you are going to use for the notary will probably have the form handy.   (The notary is an attorney in the Phils)

And there are link to the forms from Quezon City  that you could use for a template on this link (about half way down the page)   http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

14 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

The attorney you are going to use for the notary will probably have the form handy.   (The notary is an attorney in the Phils)

And there are link to the forms from Quezon City  that you could use for a template on this link (about half way down the page)   http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

I am a green card holder and residing here in california. I am confused if I have to go to philippine consulate to get a form of parental advice or i can just get it from atty?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Miikk said:

I am a green card holder and residing here in california. I am confused if I have to go to philippine consulate to get a form of parental advice or i can just get it from atty?

Ah ... details emerge.    You are getting married in California?   Then why do you need the advice to marry form?   I didn't know California asks for this.     (that advice to marry form is for the Philippines)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

11 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Ah ... details emerge.    You are getting married in California?   Then why do you need the advice to marry form?   I didn't know California asks for this.     (that advice to marry form is for the Philippines)

No, I am getting married in philippines. I asked my fiancé to get me a form there in civil registrar and just mail it to me but they didnt give her a form and told her that I have to go in philippine consulate here in california?

Edited by Miikk

Timeline
Just now, Miikk said:

No, I am getting married in philippines

More details ..

Are your parents in California?  If yes, then you should contact the consulate about this, so you can get this complete before flying back to the Phils.

I checked the link I gave you earlier .. the Advice/Consent letters are no longer online.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

8 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

More details ..

Are your parents in California?  If yes, then you should contact the consulate about this, so you can get this complete before flying back to the Phils.

I checked the link I gave you earlier .. the Advice/Consent letters are no longer online.

So probably I have to go to philippine consulate personally and ask for a form? I was wondering if I can just get it from attorney 

Edited by Miikk

Timeline
1 minute ago, Miikk said:

So probably I have to go to philippine consulate personally and ask for a form? I was wondering if I can just get it from attorney 

You could contact an attorney in the Philippines and ask them.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.