James777

AOS interview was Canceled on Nov-2017. Still no any new update NOW

6 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello friends

As the title said, Our AOS interview was cancelled on Nov 2017 by no reason. 

Last month I went to local office for infopass and was told USCIS regular check which need more time.

Today I received email from USCIS:

Due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case. USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in the order received and in a timely and efficient manner. We regret any inconvenience that results from delays in processing.
Address Changes:  If you move, please provide us with an updated address. For more information about address changes, please visit our Web site at www.uscis.gov/ar-11, and click on "Change Your Address Online."

I totally confused and do not know what to do unless forever waiting.

Any advice will be welcomed

42 minutes ago, James777 said:

Hello friends

As the title said, Our AOS interview was cancelled on Nov 2017 by no reason. 

Last month I went to local office for infopass and was told USCIS regular check which need more time.

Today I received email from USCIS:

Due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case. USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in the order received and in a timely and efficient manner. We regret any inconvenience that results from delays in processing.
Address Changes:  If you move, please provide us with an updated address. For more information about address changes, please visit our Web site at www.uscis.gov/ar-11, and click on "Change Your Address Online."

I totally confused and do not know what to do unless forever waiting.

Any advice will be welcomed

You would assume that you would get a new interview shortly after the original date as they obviously already had everything set to interview but it almost sounds like something might've came up in your background checks or so?! What did the IO exactly say when he said that USCIS needs to do a regular check that takes more time? Did you ask what kind of regular check that was? 

The email that you received is just a generic one. I wouldn't pay much attention to it. 

Other than that there's not much you can do except to wait....

Timeline
On 4/18/2018 at 7:51 PM, Californiansunset said:

You would assume that you would get a new interview shortly after the original date as they obviously already had everything set to interview but it almost sounds like something might've came up in your background checks or so?! What did the IO exactly say when he said that USCIS needs to do a regular check that takes more time? Did you ask what kind of regular check that was? 

The email that you received is just a generic one. I wouldn't pay much attention to it. 

Other than that there's not much you can do except to wait....

Thanks for your reply.

IO just said that USCIS need more time to do background check like others and do not know how long this will take.

Do you think I need to do another infopass ? Or is there any way to ask USCIS what is going on ?

James

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:56 AM, James777 said:

Thanks for your reply.

IO just said that USCIS need more time to do background check like others and do not know how long this will take.

Do you think I need to do another infopass ? Or is there any way to ask USCIS what is going on ?

James

Unfortunately there is nothing you or USCIS can really do. They won't be able to tell you much either as it's not them who are conducting the background checks but Homeland Security. There's nothing you can do but wait. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Timeline
On 5/15/2018 at 11:51 PM, QAF2A said:

Hi @James777, do you have any update on your case? Hope all is well.

Hi, 

I still did not receive any notice of my re-schedual of my interview. I also did not receive my EAD card yet. 

So frustrated.. And I do not know how I can do ...

How about you?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.