15 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

When looking up our case today it said the following:

At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the NCSC 1 (800) 375-5283 for additional information.

Has anybody experienced before? Hoping it’s just a glitch as we are due to leave for an important trip tomorrow. 

AA89AE7E-0383-4D6B-BFE2-F2D679B47D2A.png

April 22, 2020 - I-751 sent

April 23, 2020 - I-751 received at Lockbox 

April 29, 2020 - Check cashed
??? - didn’t receive text or email confirmation. Ugh!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline

Yes, I had the same message while looking up my case,  called that number it is USCIS number...The person that answered the call said she cant look up the case now maybe the system is down and if I wanted to speak to an officer there is a long wait. I think it is an issue with the system. On the phone, the automated system said my case is still waiting for the interview to be scheduled....

Edited by Mmagic

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Mmagic said:

Yes, I had the same message while looking up my case,  called that number it is USCIS number...The person that answered the call said she cant look up the case now maybe the system is down and if I wanted to speak to an officer there is a long wait. I think it is an issue with the system. On the phone, the automated system said my case is still waiting for the interview to be scheduled....

Thank you for replying. Feel much better now. 

Timeline

Just got off the phone with USCIS inquiring about the message on the case status. I was told they are having a problem with the updates for online status. It should take 16 to 30 days to have it fixed. For the meantime, anyone wanting more information on their case I was told to make Infopass appointment. They can't help or give any information over the phone at the present time.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Ok, I just got a message from USCIS regarding our appointment...I applied for AOS i-485 through K1 and Marriage in the USA...

Can someone tell me what does this mean  "Employment-Based Interview "

Employment-Based Interview Was Scheduled

On May 3, 2018, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxx. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Timeline

I would call them and speak to a Tier 2 officer. Their systems seem really screwed up. Let us know how it goes. 

Timeline
On 5/5/2018 at 9:38 AM, ShanghaiSurfer said:

I would call them and speak to a Tier 2 officer. Their systems seem really screwed up. Let us know how it goes. 

Called USCIS this morning and I spoke to someone explaining to her about the status message. She said what I see is that you have an interview scheduled for I-485 adjustment of status and I should be receiving a letter by the 9th or 10th of May. As far as the "Employment-based interview" she was clueless and saying it could be a glitch or an error in the system and she will not be able to make any changes to it. She just said wait for your letter and if it has any discrepancies or mistakes, they will fix it when I go to my interview. If I receive my letter today or tomorrow I will update you and read what it says on it.  

Timeline

Wow. Congrats on getting an interview. Must be a relief. Yes would appreciate keeping us updated.

Are you in LA or LA County?

Timeline
2 hours ago, ShanghaiSurfer said:

Wow. Congrats on getting an interview. Must be a relief. Yes would appreciate keeping us updated.

Are you in LA or LA County?

No letter today. I am in the San Fernando Valley...San Fernando  USCIS office

Edited by Mmagic

Timeline
10 hours ago, Mmagic said:

No letter today. I am in the San Fernando Valley...San Fernando  USCIS office

I’m at LA County USCIS which has slightly longer wait time than San Fernando. Hope the letter comes today for you. I’m sure you want to get this over with like me. My buddy got his interview in two months after filing when he filed in September 2017. 

Timeline
On 5/8/2018 at 8:39 AM, ShanghaiSurfer said:

I’m at LA County USCIS which has slightly longer wait time than San Fernando. Hope the letter comes today for you. I’m sure you want to get this over with like me. My buddy got his interview in two months after filing when he filed in September 2017. 

Calles USCIS today asking about the letter. I was told they did not mail out the letter yet. She would not tell me the interview date, she just said wait for the letter...Now, I have a feeling they will send the Green Card without interiew...othewise why she would not tell me the date of the interview. lol, hope I am right...will keep u posted. 

Timeline

June 9th. Just a heads up, this is what the letter says and ask for...I don't know if this is the same as any other interview letters in the past or they made changes to it 

i485.jpg

Timeline

That’s quite a list. Really appreciate sending it to us. Will help us prepare. I’m currently in process of renewing my AP/EAD card since no end in sight and last time it took over 100 days to receive. Good luck on your interview! Hope to hear your good news soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.