danju

K1 interview in London waiting on medical results

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello everybody, 

I had my interview for my K1 visa last Friday, April 13th at the London US embassy. Since I keep searching & searching on the forum to find answers ..

Everything went very smoothly but they were waiting on the results of my medical exam, which at the end the lady told me "everything seems good to me, we're just waiting for the medical results". I told her I had a copy of the papers they gave me if she wanted to see it and she just said "it might just be here" and I asked "so are we approved?". She answered smiling "regarding your results for the medical, you will have your passport in a week or two".

On the website, the same day it changed for "Administrative processing" like everybody. Since then, nothing. I know it's been less than a week but I just would like to know if some of you have been in this situation too and how long did it take to get issued and then to get your visa in hand ?

I called Knightsbridge right away and they said they sent everything on April 6th so it might be at the embassy 😫

Also I'm French living in London, they kept my passport and my police records .. so is there someone who was foreign too in London at the moment of the interview ? Might do more background checks ..

Leaving with my fiancé on May 31st so fingers crossed !!

ps : sorry for the long post & if it has been asked already !! I got lost in the thousands & thousands of others topics 😅

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Longer AP tends to be associated with those who have connections with T Countries.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So you wait until it gets to to the top of whose ever in tray it is in.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Boiler said:

So you wait until it gets to to the top of whose ever in tray it is in.

Truly appreciate your answer but I kinda know that .. That wasn't the question, but thanks !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
5 hours ago, danju said:

Truly appreciate your answer but I kinda know that .. That wasn't the question, but thanks !

Try this thread for somebody whose medical was not there. He started lots of posts so maybe check some of his other ones too. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Try this thread for somebody whose medical was not there. He started lots of posts so maybe check some of his other ones too. 

Thank you so much for your help !! This is exactly what I was looking for 😊😊😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
19 hours ago, danju said:

Also I'm French living in London, they kept my passport and my police records .. so is there someone who was foreign too in London at the moment of the interview ? Might do more background checks ..

Also I remember a French girl interviewing in London a couple of years back who used to post a lot in this forum. She had no delays due to her country of origin. 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Also I remember a French girl interviewing in London a couple of years back who used to post a lot in this forum. She had no delays due to her country of origin. 

That's good to know thank you. This process is already way too long 😅 Patience is key, I've been learning that now !

Appreciate a lot your help, many thanks !!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.