Dougb

Need help cfo requirement Philippines

76 posts in this topic

I am a us citizen divorced from a prior Philippine citizen. We were married in the Philippines. I have now remarried another Filipina . We were married also in the Philippines. When she went to get her cfo certificate they are asking for my proof of annulement. My previous marriage did show up on my cenomar.

I can't get any straight answers on what to do. I'm currently getting my divorce decree certified and authenticated . 

19 minutes ago, Dougb said:

I am a us citizen divorced from a prior Philippine citizen. We were married in the Philippines. I have now remarried another Filipina . We were married also in the Philippines. When she went to get her cfo certificate they are asking for my proof of annulement. My previous marriage did show up on my cenomar.

I can't get any straight answers on what to do. I'm currently getting my divorce decree certified and authenticated . 

Hey your right down the road from me in Carthage, I am in Sanford. What CFO facility did your asawa go to if you don't mind me asking? Once you get your get your divorce decree certified and authenticated then send it to your wife to show it to them. If that doesn't work then have your wife go to a different CFO office because I am guessing she went to the one in Manila.

1 hour ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Hey your right down the road from me in Carthage, I am in Sanford. What CFO facility did your asawa go to if you don't mind me asking? Once you get your get your divorce decree certified and authenticated then send it to your wife to show it to them. If that doesn't work then have your wife go to a different CFO office because I am guessing she went to the one in Manila.

Hey neighbor,

Yes, she went to  the one in Manila.

She took the class but was denied at the end.

1 minute ago, Dougb said:

Hey neighbor,

Yes, she went to  the one in Manila.

She took the class but was denied at the end.

Ok, let me get this correct just so I am making sure on this one. You got married in the Philippines, then divorced here in the USA, then remarried in the Philippines to a different pinay right? How did you get around the NSO saying that your married in the beginning when trying to marry again?

I am going to request that this thread gets sent to the Philippines subforum so someone more knowledgeable than I can help you better.

We were married in pasay. City. They had my nso but said my divorce decree is all they needed and a bunch of other things but said their rules do not apply to US citizens. 2 weeks later they issused the marriage license. We got Married by a minister on February 14.

They issued a NSO marriage license 30 days later. So I didn't know there was a problem until she went to the cfo.

My wife flew to iloilo yesterday to get her passport. She had everything except they asked for her cfo certificate. They will process her passport when she gives them the cfo certificate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the PI forum, from IR1/CR1 P&P - as the OP is asking a country specific question.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Dougb said:

You were married in the Philippines then got a divorce in the USA ?   Did you get the divorce recognized by the Philippines government before you got married a 2nd time in the Philippines?      (they censor here on VJ so I can't say what I am thinking)

$crewed the pooch, comes to mind.       The embassy didn't catch this one?  WoW!   

The divorce does make you free to marry ...  everywhere but IN the Philippines.   

I can see why CFO is asking questions on this ....   OUCH!

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
4 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Ok, let me get this correct just so I am making sure on this one. You got married in the Philippines, then divorced here in the USA, then remarried in the Philippines to a different pinay right? How did you get around the NSO saying that your married in the beginning when trying to marry again?

I am going to request that this thread gets sent to the Philippines subforum so someone more knowledgeable than I can help you better.

I bet he did the affidavit from the embassy, didn't produce a CENOMAR ....  fraud in the Philippines.  committed bigamy.

I see he did produce a CEMAR ... and still got away with getting a marriage license.    .. still bigamy

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 hours ago, Dougb said:

We were married in pasay. City. They had my nso but said my divorce decree is all they needed and a bunch of other things but said their rules do not apply to US citizens. 2 weeks later they issused the marriage license. We got Married by a minister on February 14.

They issued a NSO marriage license 30 days later. So I didn't know there was a problem until she went to the cfo.

Pasay City screwed up... big time.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
5 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

That isn't how it works.   The divorce must be recognized by the RTC (Regional Trial Court), then the recognition issued by the court must be filed with PSA so that his CEMAR get notated .. and of course the foreigner has to have initiated the divorce.

If he didn't complete this before getting married  I don't see how his 2nd marriage is legal.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

37 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You were married in the Philippines then got a divorce in the USA ?   Did you get the divorce recognized by the Philippines government before you got married a 2nd time in the Philippines?      (they censor here on VJ so I can't say what I am thinking)

$crewed the pooch, comes to mind.       The embassy didn't catch this one?  WoW!   

The divorce does make you free to marry ...  everywhere but IN the Philippines.   

I can see why CFO is asking questions on this ....   OUCH!

How do I get the divorce recognized? 

Rapid Visa and attorneys tell me there's no problem and I don't need a Annulment as I am not or ever was a Philippine Citizen. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Dougb said:

How do I get the divorce recognized? 

Rapid Visa and attorneys tell me there's no problem and I don't need a Annulment as I am not or ever was a Philippine Citizen. 

Philippine citizenship has nothing to do with it.   You married in the Philippines, when requesting a CENOMAR it showed you to be married.  and then Pasay City let you marry again in the Philippines (??? that blows my mind).  You talked to attorneys in the Philippines and they said "no problem"?

https://lawyerphilippines.org/2017/04/11/recognition-of-foreign-divorce-in-the-philippines-process/

Getting married again anywhere on the planet except the Philippines is not an issue .. you are divorced and the rest of the world recognizes divorce.   

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

41 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

I bet he did the affidavit from the embassy, didn't produce a CENOMAR ....  fraud in the Philippines.  committed bigamy.

I see he did produce a CEMAR ... and still got away with getting a marriage license.    .. still bigamy

I produced everything. Also my ex wife filed the divorce a US citizen now. She has a boyfriend in England.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.