Someone12345

Removal of Conditions with Divorce

16 posts in this topic

Hi all,

in november 2017 I submit my package to USCIS to remove the conditions of my permanent residency. So far, all I got was a letter in the mail saying that the check I sent has been cashed and they received my application, and a letter to get my biometrics done, in the beginning of March (which I did). Since then, I haven’t heard anything. Is this normal, or maybe I’m missing a piece of mail that should’ve been sent at this point? Or now the next communication will be to approve it or deny it? Thank you. 

Its normal some applicants wait for a long period of time.. have you received your ead card and advance parole yet? Goodluck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Total processing time is about 1 year to 18 months right now.

If you just did your biometrics in March, you're probably still in the background check stage.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

1 hour ago, Someone12345 said:

Hi all,

in november 2017 I submit my package to USCIS to remove the conditions of my permanent residency. So far, all I got was a letter in the mail saying that the check I sent has been cashed and they received my application, and a letter to get my biometrics done, in the beginning of March (which I did). Since then, I haven’t heard anything. Is this normal, or maybe I’m missing a piece of mail that should’ve been sent at this point? Or now the next communication will be to approve it or deny it? Thank you. 

As others have stated before this is completely normal so don't worry at all. It is taking roughly 12-18 months right now for ROC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Iamsaguitarios said:

Its normal some applicants wait for a long period of time.. have you received your ead card and advance parole yet? Goodluck!

Not relevant for ROC

As other people said, it's about 18 months if you are with California Service Center. Right now, they are working on October 2016 filers. How do I know that, I am one and I just got approved yesterday. Take heart, it's a long process.

5 hours ago, zsuzsanna said:

As other people said, it's about 18 months if you are with California Service Center. Right now, they are working on October 2016 filers. How do I know that, I am one and I just got approved yesterday. Take heart, it's a long process.

Did you get approved with Joint Filing or Waiver based?

50 minutes ago, BrokenWings said:

Did you get approved with Joint Filing or Waiver based?

Started out as joint filer and amended a year later to a divorce waiver. 

7 minutes ago, zsuzsanna said:

Started out as joint filer and amended a year later to a divorce waiver. 

congrats. Would you mind to share a little details about your relation, documents and case history? I am also sending my packet next week; any advice will help. 
Did you get RFE or Interview? How long it took? 

1 hour ago, BrokenWings said:

congrats. Would you mind to share a little details about your relation, documents and case history? I am also sending my packet next week; any advice will help. 
Did you get RFE or Interview? How long it took? 

Not at all. 

I filed jointly with my ex husband at the end of September, 2016. My NOA is October 12, 2016. I had my biometrics in December of that year. 

My husband and I separated in June of 2017 and divorced in September. With the help of an immigration lawyer I put in a divorce waiver in October of 2017 and was approved yesterday. 

I did not get an RFE or an interview. When I first submitted my i-751, I did a really sloppy job. I did not take it very seriously any more. I also didn't think I was going to get a divorce the next year. When I submitted the divorce waiver, I submitted a ton of evidence for the bona fide marriage. 

Now, I was actively following the October 2016 filers and it seems like joint filers were approved just slightly faster than me. Maybe it took an extra week or two to get my approval, but nothing extremely unusual. 

Hope this helps. Good luck with your petition. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:54 PM, zsuzsanna said:

Not at all. 

I filed jointly with my ex husband at the end of September, 2016. My NOA is October 12, 2016. I had my biometrics in December of that year. 

My husband and I separated in June of 2017 and divorced in September. With the help of an immigration lawyer I put in a divorce waiver in October of 2017 and was approved yesterday. 

I did not get an RFE or an interview. When I first submitted my i-751, I did a really sloppy job. I did not take it very seriously any more. I also didn't think I was going to get a divorce the next year. When I submitted the divorce waiver, I submitted a ton of evidence for the bona fide marriage. 

Now, I was actively following the October 2016 filers and it seems like joint filers were approved just slightly faster than me. Maybe it took an extra week or two to get my approval, but nothing extremely unusual. 

Hope this helps. Good luck with your petition. 

Did you have to attend an interview by yourself for ROC?

On 4/18/2018 at 2:39 PM, zsuzsanna said:

Congratulations!

~~moved to ROC from effects of major changes.  OP is giving a progress report which is better suited to ROC.~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.