PoodleLove

Almost 8 weeks into NVC and no case number yet?...

44 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 15/04/2018 at 2:20 AM, stevenwang said:

there's nothing really you can do but keep calling and wait at the moment, it took me 10-11 weeks to get a NVC number in Canada. Even though the supervisor will step in, they have 2-4 weeks to respond. I understand everyone wants to see the beloved family member sooner, we all are om the same boat. 

I was just told 6 weeks...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 2018-04-17 at 3:16 PM, PoodleLove said:

I was just told 6 weeks...

so they're really backed up, just wait, meanwhile you can Check if you get everything ready for the AOS form and ds260 form, money(believe or not, i waited for 3 weeks just for the money, because my case# came out the end of month and all my money went to bills), all the tax forms, birth certificate from both of you, marriage certificate, passport photos taken, police certificate etc, have them scanned and those documents needs to be scaled down to less than 2 MB, it will help greatly reduce the wait time. and check, double check, triple check to avoid a checklist, otherwise it'll delay the processing time even more. too bad we can't take control over the data entry stage, but we can def be on top of sending all the paperworks. my 2 cents 

Hi, since there seems to be a good amount of people here I will ask. We just got notice of NOA2. Next step is to call NV for case number, than designate me (petitioner) as agent. Also pay IV and AOS fees?

1.jpg

On 4/13/2018 at 10:33 AM, peachouille said:

Going by the latest trends, in around 10 weeks after NVC receives it (see @aywang's post above, whose case is also pivot). :(

Hi! Please, how do I know if my case is pivot or not? 

Pivot cases usually take longer, correct? Are pivot cases those who are overseas? Is that the definition? Thanks in advance 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 hour ago, Marimari12 said:

Hi! Please, how do I know if my case is pivot or not? 

Pivot cases usually take longer, correct? Are pivot cases those who are overseas? Is that the definition? Thanks in advance 

Getting the case number takes longer, but then the processing is quicker.

Certain embassies do electronic processing, you can call the NVC to ask. What country are you from?

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

01/24/22: Approved!

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
5 hours ago, Marimari12 said:

I’m from Brazil. Would that be a pivot case?

Yes it is.

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

I'm in a frustrated wait as well.

Feb 7th     : USCIS mails I797

Feb 16th   : USCIS sends text message

Feb 27th   : NVC gives this receipt date to me when I call during 1st week of March

30 days after Feb 27th : Told that it will take 8 weeks to process

Mid April   : Told that NVC receipt date changed to April 7th !!!!!! No reason given

After many calls finally told that maybe file got transferred to some electronic system. And now have to wait another 8 weeks from April 7th?! How does that happen?!

Its been 12 weeks already!! Not they want us to wait 3 more weeks?!?!

On 4/12/2018 at 11:32 AM, PoodleLove said:

Michael, call them. You are in your 8th week right now. If I got them to put in a request to a supervisor for my case number, you should be able to get that as well! Good luck :(

Hi all,

Just to keep you guys updated... I received my welcome letter from NVC. It was dated the 24th April (received in Australia earlier this week). So that took a little over 12 weeks.

Fees paid and waiting to get the next section done :)

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 16/05/2018 at 3:24 AM, michaelbmw377 said:

Hi all,

Just to keep you guys updated... I received my welcome letter from NVC. It was dated the 24th April (received in Australia earlier this week). So that took a little over 12 weeks.

Fees paid and waiting to get the next section done :)

Good luck on the rest, Michael! It took us much longer than we thought to gather everything... We even lost my police cert in the mail, but in a few days short of 2 weeks after we submitted everything, we got the notice that we were "documentarily qualified". I hope for you guys that it means that the NVC caught up some of their delays!

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.