PoodleLove

Almost 8 weeks into NVC and no case number yet?...

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
8 hours ago, ZakMrak said:

But there are users here from Pakistan that are going through pivot as well but I don't see their acronym included on these lists, strange.. It seems like the email processing was much faster than paper mail about a year ago, now it's about the same if not more.

They've been adding embassies to the list, Islamabad is one of the recent additions. I think they removed the list from the website because they're going to keep adding to it and they don't want the hassle of updating the website.

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

01/24/22: Approved!

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Our case was received on January 12th and although our information has been uploaded we still don't have a case number. 

Thankfully, I always get a really understanding and polite agent on the phone who assures me I can call them a thousand times a day if it makes me feel better. 

So far I just call once every day.   We're coming up on the year mark since we started this whole process.  It's frustrating.

I miss my husband :(

Timeline
On 11/04/2018 at 10:05 AM, kendraf said:

I feel like now you are over the 8 weeks you could email the expedite email address?

I did! I got a response this morning. It took them 2 days to get back to me, that's really quick. They didn't say we were denied, but that the US Consulate could not expedite our case and that NVC would continue working with me... 

Is it their language for a standard denial? :/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, PoodleLove said:

I did! I got a response this morning. It took them 2 days to get back to me, that's really quick. They didn't say we were denied, but that the US Consulate could not expedite our case and that NVC would continue working with me... 

Is it their language for a standard denial? :/

hmmm guess maybe but I hope that helps bump you! We are rec'd 4/5 and I guess it will be quite some time for the case number :(

Timeline
23 hours ago, SMK 89 said:

Hi all - just wondering what the process has been like since your NOA2 (congrats btw!).

From the moment you receive your NOA2 - what can you start doing? Can you complete your DS-160 before you get your case number or do you have to wait for your case number? Should you being going to this website https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ and paying the Visa Fee and completing the DS-261 Choice of Agent form right away?

Trying to be as proactive as possible to understand what needs to start getting put in motion right after the NOA2 on our end since we have to wait for awhile before the Consulates start contacting us. Ideally, would like to have everything ready to go so that we can send in everything required to get access to interview dates as soon as possible. The process just seems to be a bit confusing and I can't find a granular outline of what steps have to be taken/what can be done in advance. If anyone has dealt with the Canadian consulate, that is the consulate we will be dealing with as well. Thank you!  

AFAIK nothing can be done before you get a case number, which is generated when they enter your full info in their system :/ You can start putting some of the things you MIGHT need right now, but things like police background check etc I think can't be done too early either... I could be wrong.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, kendraf said:

hmmm guess maybe but I hope that helps bump you! We are rec'd 4/5 and I guess it will be quite some time for the case number :(

That's my hope too. The agent put in a request to his supervisor so my case number is generated but even that he said might not be done in 2 days (was wishing to call back on friday...). It seems that they will do that when you've been waiting 8 weeks. Sigh. 

This process is the most challenging thing I've ever done in my life... It feels like my patience and resilience will be beyond human after all of this lmao

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/10/2018 at 8:14 PM, aywang said:

I am at 10 weeks now...and still no case number. My case was received January 31st. They are “very backed up” and a “little behind schedule.”  [i must have heard that about 100 times given that I have been calling everyday for the past two weeks.]

try to stay positive...I know it is hard...come up to vent if u r frustrated...that’s what I have been doing.

I just keep calling and smiling and nodding haha even if it isn't likely I am calling ... Sigh

1 minute ago, PoodleLove said:

That's my hope too. The agent put in a request to his supervisor so my case number is generated but even that he said might not be done in 2 days (was wishing to call back on friday...). It seems that they will do that when you've been waiting 8 weeks. Sigh. 

This process is the most challenging thing I've ever done in my life... It feels like my patience and resilience will be beyond human after all of this lmao

Hahaha at least you aren't alone!! Xo

Timeline
21 hours ago, michaelbmw377 said:

Hi all,

NVC also received my case during Feb (16th) and I still have not received a welcome letter. When I email they just say "wait another 4 weeks then try again" and when I call they say that my case is a "new electronic" version and I need to call another number. When I call this number it is an automatic answer which just says "go on to our website to view information" then hangs up. 

Any advice on what to do ? Also once you hear from NVC please update the forum and I will do the same. 

Now at 13 months since originally filing with USCIS and still need to do the NVC part :/

Cheers,

Michael 

Michael, call them. You are in your 8th week right now. If I got them to put in a request to a supervisor for my case number, you should be able to get that as well! Good luck :(

4 hours ago, kendraf said:

I just keep calling and smiling and nodding haha even if it isn't likely I am calling ... Sigh

Hahaha at least you aren't alone!! Xo

I finally got my case number on the midnight of the 10 weeks mark. I think the trend is around 10 weeks now (+- one or two days) from the day of receipt.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 4/12/2018 at 12:15 AM, peachouille said:

It is yes.

Thanks!

in how many weeks i will get case number?

my case will be in islamabad embassy

approved on 9 apriL 2018

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
Just now, Beast8 said:

Thanks!

in how many weeks i will get case number?

my case will be in islamabad embassy

approved on 9 apriL 2018

Going by the latest trends, in around 10 weeks after NVC receives it (see @aywang's post above, whose case is also pivot). :(

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, peachouille said:

Going by the latest trends, in around 10 weeks after NVC receives it (see @aywang's post above, whose case is also pivot). :(

Thats really painfuL wait for a damn case number!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

there's nothing really you can do but keep calling and wait at the moment, it took me 10-11 weeks to get a NVC number in Canada. Even though the supervisor will step in, they have 2-4 weeks to respond. I understand everyone wants to see the beloved family member sooner, we all are om the same boat. 

Timeline

I FINALLY got our case number and can log onto CEAC.  Only took like 13 weeks *eyeroll*

Fees are paid - the waiting game continues

Timeline

Called just now.

Last week, an agent put in a request to a supervisor to generate my NVC case number (as it's been 9 weeks now...). The same agent recommended, based on my situation, to apply for an expedited processing - which I was refused less than 48 hours after I sent out my request...

So... I called back to inquire about my case number. The agent mentionned the petition was under review (which it is not since I got an email saying no...) so I clarified that I was calling for my case number and then he said that the supervisor is given up to 6 weeks for review.

?? So confused. It takes up to 6 weeks to generate an NVC case number when I am already in my 9th week ???

I feel like calling again later because it does not seem to make sense.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.