PoodleLove

Almost 8 weeks into NVC and no case number yet?...

44 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

The NVC got our case on Feb 12th... We called over 3 weeks ago and nothing. We are 2 days short of 8 weeks of wait only to get our case number and preliminary instructions... 

Any input on what to do?

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, PoodleLove said:

Hi all,

The NVC got our case on Feb 12th... We called over 3 weeks ago and nothing. We are 2 days short of 8 weeks of wait only to get our case number and preliminary instructions... 

Any input on what to do?

Thank you!

Have you tried to ask the petitioner to mail NVC in US? Or even email US Immigration area in Canada and inquire about your case?

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
1 minute ago, T_P said:

Have you tried to ask the petitioner to mail NVC in US? Or even email US Immigration area in Canada and inquire about your case?

We called the NVC about 3 weeks ago and they had not got to us yet in terms of putting our info into their information system :/ That's all we did.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

They are super backed up at the moment, as you can see on the NVC filers topic. For pivot cases like Canada, it has been taking 8-10 weeks unfortunately. :( 

Try calling again and asking for a supervisor.

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

01/24/22: Approved!

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

Timeline
22 minutes ago, peachouille said:

They are super backed up at the moment, as you can see on the NVC filers topic. For pivot cases like Canada, it has been taking 8-10 weeks unfortunately. :( 

Try calling again and asking for a supervisor.

I just did... I didn't have to ask for a supervisor, the agent put in a request right away. Seems like I will need to start calling regularly. :(

Would you mind explaining the concept of pivot cases? I had never heard this one before!

Timeline
1 hour ago, PoodleLove said:

I just did... I didn't have to ask for a supervisor, the agent put in a request right away. Seems like I will need to start calling regularly. :(

Would you mind explaining the concept of pivot cases? I had never heard this one before!

Pivot cases are those with electronic processing. So instead of sending your AOS and IV packages by mail, the documents are uploaded online. As far as I know, cases from Canada are pivot. 

Edited by peachouille

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 hour ago, peachouille said:

Pivot cases are those with electronic processing. So instead of sending your AOS and IV packages by mail, the documents are uploaded online. As far as I know, cases from Canada are pivot. 

Is there a way to check which U.S. embassies/consulates in foreign countries make use of electronic processing for the packages?

I am at 10 weeks now...and still no case number. My case was received January 31st. They are “very backed up” and a “little behind schedule.”  [i must have heard that about 100 times given that I have been calling everyday for the past two weeks.]

try to stay positive...I know it is hard...come up to vent if u r frustrated...that’s what I have been doing.

Timeline
8 hours ago, ZakMrak said:

Is there a way to check which U.S. embassies/consulates in foreign countries make use of electronic processing for the packages?

There used to be one but they removed it a couple of weeks ago. Give them a call and ask.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, peachouille said:

There used to be one but they removed it a couple of weeks ago. Give them a call and ask.

Is Islamabad embassy from Pakistan considered for pivot cases?

Hi all - just wondering what the process has been like since your NOA2 (congrats btw!).

From the moment you receive your NOA2 - what can you start doing? Can you complete your DS-160 before you get your case number or do you have to wait for your case number? Should you being going to this website https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ and paying the Visa Fee and completing the DS-261 Choice of Agent form right away?

Trying to be as proactive as possible to understand what needs to start getting put in motion right after the NOA2 on our end since we have to wait for awhile before the Consulates start contacting us. Ideally, would like to have everything ready to go so that we can send in everything required to get access to interview dates as soon as possible. The process just seems to be a bit confusing and I can't find a granular outline of what steps have to be taken/what can be done in advance. If anyone has dealt with the Canadian consulate, that is the consulate we will be dealing with as well. Thank you!  

Timeline
2 hours ago, Beast8 said:

Is Islamabad embassy from Pakistan considered for pivot cases?

It is yes.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hi all,

NVC also received my case during Feb (16th) and I still have not received a welcome letter. When I email they just say "wait another 4 weeks then try again" and when I call they say that my case is a "new electronic" version and I need to call another number. When I call this number it is an automatic answer which just says "go on to our website to view information" then hangs up. 

Any advice on what to do ? Also once you hear from NVC please update the forum and I will do the same. 

Now at 13 months since originally filing with USCIS and still need to do the NVC part :/

Cheers,

Michael 

14 hours ago, peachouille said:

Ok, I did some research. Not sure how up to date that travel.state.gov site is but they basically say if your receipt number begins with the below prefixes then email processing is required. The acronyms they mention correlate to the below countries:

AKD - Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
AMM - Amman, Jordan
BGH - Baghdad, Iraq
DMS - Damascus, Syria
GZO - Guangzhou, China

A thread from 2017 I was reading through had a similar list from the travel.state.gov site though even more countries required email processing at that point it seemed which are listed below:

ADD = Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

AKD = Ashgabat, Turkmenistan

AMM = Amman, Jordan

BGH = Baghdad, Iraq

BNS = Buenos Aires, Argentina

DMS = Damascus, Syria

FRN = Frankfurt, Germany

GTM = Guatemala City, Guatemala

GUZ = Guangzhou, China

HNK = Hong Kong

KEV = Kyiv, Ukraine

MRV = Monrovia, Liberia

MTL = Montreal, Canada

PHP = Phnom Penh, Cambodia

RDJ = Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

SYD = Sydney, Australia

TGG = Tegucigalpa, Honduras

THT = Tashkent, Uzbekistan

But there are users here from Pakistan that are going through pivot as well but I don't see their acronym included on these lists, strange.. It seems like the email processing was much faster than paper mail about a year ago, now it's about the same if not more. The thread I was reading in case anyone was interested: 

Edited by ZakMrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.