agmcitizen

Please help us understand this message from uscis.

19 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband make a case inquiry in the Uscis. And this is their response.

On July 26, 2017, the Post office return your document to us. We will hold your document for 180 days or until January 22, 2018. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we need to resend the document to you. If you do not submit an online rquest by January 22, 2018,  we will destroy your document and you need to file a new Form i-130 Petition for Alien Relative, with fee. 

We dont have any idea what happened. Why the documents were been hold. And why Uscis didnt process the petition in the first place.

Edited by agmcitizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, agmcitizen said:

On July 26, 2017, the Post office return your document to us. We will hold your document for 180 days or until January 22, 2018. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we need to resend the document to you. If you do not submit an online rquest by January 22, 2018,  we will destroy your document and you need to file a new Form i-130 Petition for Alien Relative, with fee. 

We dont have any idea what happened. Why the documents were been hold. And why Uscis didnt process the petition in the first place.

First of all, fill up your timeline will help others to understand your situation more since we are not sure which stage are you right now.

Second, have you not check your status regularly?

Third, when did you file your I-130? 

Have you got your NOA1 yet? 

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Timeline

I am also the one who posted regarding with the no notice of action received after filling the I-130 on June 2017. My husband filed the old form on April 2017 and received a noa which indicates that he filed the old form that is why he sent it again on June 2017 and then assumed that it was in process since it was not return to him without tracking if it was really received by the uscis. Last month he make an inquiry to uscis. They email this response to him today. We dont really understand what happened.

28 minutes ago, Mallick said:

have you got any mail regarding case received?

none.. my husband assumed that it was received by the uscis since it was not return back to him. l

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, agmcitizen said:

I am also the one who posted regarding with the no notice of action received after filling the I-130 on June 2017. My husband filed the old form on April 2017 and received a noa which indicates that he filed the old form that is why he sent it again on June 2017 and then assumed that it was in process since it was not return to him without tracking if it was really received by the uscis. Last month he make an inquiry to uscis. They email this response to him today. We dont really understand what happened.

none.. my husband assumed that it was received by the uscis since it was not return back to him. l

Have you got your receipt number? 

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Perfect two 💑 said:

Have you got your receipt number? 

the first noa has a receipt number. but when he filed the new form on june 2017. he did received any.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
5 hours ago, agmcitizen said:

the first noa has a receipt number. but when he filed the new form on june 2017. he did received any.

How many forms did you guys file? 

6 hours ago, agmcitizen said:

We have way too little information to properly talk about the topic.

Where did you send the form?

Was it I-130 for you, your spouse or a son/daughter? 

Why did they return it the first time? Was there some mention of improper filing?

Did you also file for E-Notification?

It seems like USCIS never filed your form, tried to return it, USPS couldn't mail it and had to return it to USCIS in July 2017. Your form and supporting evidence have most likely been destroyed.

Edited by Tenreyro

Dec 19, 2016: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

March 2, 2018: AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

March 14, 2018: NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: March 20, 2018

March 17, 2018: Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: April 6th

March 29 RFIE // April 11 USCIS received RFIE response

May 10, 2018: I-130 Approved  :D *But case sent to NVC*

July 11: INFOPASS Appt + Sent Additional Documents

July 20: Case Ready for Interview (Finally!)

August 14: Card being produced //  August 22: Combo Card in hand

Some possible reasons...

1. People living in Guam have to file I-130 to: 

USCIS Phoenix Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:

USCIS 
ATTN: I-130
PO Box 21700
Phoenix, AZ 85036

If you filed it somewhere else, it would be improper filing, and your form would have been returned. 

2. If the person filing the petition is a LPR, there are limits of the people he/she can petition for. Maybe the petition was out of the scope of what LPR can petition for. The ones the petitioner can file for are: Spouse, Unmarried son or daughter (as long as is unmarried).

3. A spouse that gained Permanent Residency by marriage to a US Citizen or LPR, and that have less than 5 years being a LPR.

4. A stepfather or adoptive parent if the marriage or adoption happened when the child was 16 or over.

Dec 19, 2016: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

March 2, 2018: AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

March 14, 2018: NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: March 20, 2018

March 17, 2018: Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: April 6th

March 29 RFIE // April 11 USCIS received RFIE response

May 10, 2018: I-130 Approved  :D *But case sent to NVC*

July 11: INFOPASS Appt + Sent Additional Documents

July 20: Case Ready for Interview (Finally!)

August 14: Card being produced //  August 22: Combo Card in hand

In your previous thread you were advised to find out if the check was cashed. Did you do that?

Seems like USCIS tried to return your petition to you, for whatever reason (a missing signature, a wrong form, no payment), but the package was undeliverable (did you move recently?) and was returned to USCIS. Because you waited so long to inquire, it has probably been destroyed by now, so you'll have to start all over.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 hours ago, agmcitizen said:

It means that the Post Office returned your mail as non-deliverable.  USCIS does not allow for mail to be forwarded or held at the Post Office.  Since you did not respond by January 22, 2018, USCIS considered the petition to be null and void, so they destroyed the document and all contents. 

Therefore, you will need to reapply for your I-130 and repay the fee as you will not receive a refund for the disposed documents.  Hopefully you made a copy of your first petition.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

15 hours ago, Tenreyro said:

Some possible reasons...

1. People living in Guam have to file I-130 to: 

USCIS Phoenix Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:

USCIS 
ATTN: I-130
PO Box 21700
Phoenix, AZ 85036

If you filed it somewhere else, it would be improper filing, and your form would have been returned. 

2. If the person filing the petition is a LPR, there are limits of the people he/she can petition for. Maybe the petition was out of the scope of what LPR can petition for. The ones the petitioner can file for are: Spouse, Unmarried son or daughter (as long as is unmarried).

3. A spouse that gained Permanent Residency by marriage to a US Citizen or LPR, and that have less than 5 years being a LPR.

4. A stepfather or adoptive parent if the marriage or adoption happened when the child was 16 or over.

child 18 or over if I'm not mistaken

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If you originally filed your I-130 with an old form you can't just send in the new form.  Did you get an RFE requesting you complete the updated form?  Was the check ever cashed?? Have you tried calling USCIS to inquire?  There is so little information it's difficult to be sure but it sounds like you filed I-130 using the old form, sent in the new form and it never got connected with your original filing or they tried contacting you and for whatever reason the mail was returned by the post office.  You must be more diligent in tracking and following your case.  You cannot just assume.   

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On April 5, 2018 at 9:50 PM, LionessDeon said:

If you originally filed your I-130 with an old form you can't just send in the new form.  Did you get an RFE requesting you complete the updated form?  Was the check ever cashed?? Have you tried calling USCIS to inquire?  There is so little information it's difficult to be sure but it sounds like you filed I-130 using the old form, sent in the new form and it never got connected with your original filing or they tried contacting you and for whatever reason the mail was returned by the post office.  You must be more diligent in tracking and following your case.  You cannot just assume.   

Sorry for the so late reply. As of this time we are waiting for the response of the office. Since it was not cashed, we are waiting for the refund. You are right we should be more deligent and will do it this time. We will file the petition again. Thank you so much for all your concern. This forum helps us a lot.

Timeline
On April 5, 2018 at 7:44 AM, Pinkrlion said:

It means that the Post Office returned your mail as non-deliverable.  USCIS does not allow for mail to be forwarded or held at the Post Office.  Since you did not respond by January 22, 2018, USCIS considered the petition to be null and void, so they destroyed the document and all contents. 

Therefore, you will need to reapply for your I-130 and repay the fee as you will not receive a refund for the disposed documents.  Hopefully you made a copy of your first petition.  

Thank you so much. Yes we will reapply again. As of this time we are waiting for the refund since it was not cashed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.