1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 hours ago, AZSunshine78 said:

No check cashed yet. I’m American, he’s British but clearly I do all the research stuff, lol!!

They cashed our money yesterday. We used the card payment form. 

I'm British and my husband is american. 😊 

My husband had some issues with his mobile phone so I'm not sure we got any notifications today or not. They haven't emailed me any yet. My husband is the laid back one. I'm back to being a worrier like through the k1 process. 🤣 story of my life! 

Edited by ChristaandJosh

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 4/7/2018 at 2:40 PM, krissy002 said:

I do have a question for you guys regarding the medical. We should be ok I would think because it states we do not need another medical if he had his done within the year but I read somewhere that we will need to still see a civil surgeon in the US to get him to look over the results as well and put them in another sealed envelope. Did anyone do this or did you just send in what you had?

On 4/7/2018 at 11:14 PM, Jr, Iris & Jay said:

I assumed the medical for the K1 visa was a part of this application, or would still show in our immigration records but the process for it is different. The I-864 form needs to be completed, stamped and sealed by a civil surgeon here in the States. 

So what you received for the K-1 does not qualify for the AOS process, as that would have been verified by a physician outside of the US.

this is a super confusing subject I've been reading some threads about this and decided (though without 100% certainty it will be OK, as always with USCIS :rolleyes: ) to not do the civil surgeon thing. why? it seems that if you have the DS-3025 (vaccination documentation worksheet - the one the overseas doctor filled for you) with the correct combination of checkboxes, and that happened less than a year before AOS, it's enough. here's what I'm basing my decision on: 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

oh and I have a question of my own! I have two sponsors (my wife and her mom). in the very first question, my wife marked "I am the petitioner. I filed or am filing for the immigration of my relative" and my mom in law marked "I am the only joint sponsor". to other double-sponsorees: did you use the same options? or did you use the checkboxes in "I am the [  ] first [  ] second of two joint sponsors" for each affidavit? or something else? the people making the forms really hate it when things are clear and straightforward, don't they? and I found opposing opinions about this here on VJ...

thank you!! :)

On 4/11/2018 at 12:42 PM, JloveN said:

I believe they won't cash your check if they reject the petition. If they reject, they will return your document and need you to correct or complete it. 

In my experience, once they cash your check. They will send the notification NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP on the next few hours (mostly in the evening) or on the next day. 

Recently the expectation time for NOA1 is around 7 to 21 days. If in 21 days you don't receive any notification yet, then you can try to call USCIS. 

Good luck!. 

Hey I have a question. I received the email today that my file was accepted and was sent to the CSC, but when I called moneygram they keep saying my money order has not been cashed yet. I am confused. Has anyone had that?

Timeline
2 hours ago, EmmaEwane said:

Hey guys!! April filer Here! So I sent our I-129F package to the Dallas Lockbox April 5th 2018, and I received the email today that our file was accepted and it was sent to the CSC. Our receipt hard copy is on its way. Now the official wait begins. Good luck to each and everyone!!!

Hey there. I think this is the wrong forum for you. This for those who arrived to the USA on a K1 visa and are adjusting status. It's for the Adjsutment of status paperwork, hun. There are forums that are for k1. Although I'm sure we can help as we have all been through the k1. 

3 minutes ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Hey there. I think this is the wrong forum for you. This for those who arrived to the USA on a K1 visa and are adjusting status. It's for the Adjsutment of status paperwork, hun. There are forums that are for k1. Although I'm sure we can help as we have all been through the k1. 

Oh I am sorry!! I just now read and saw! Thank you. I was just concerned as I am seeking help anywhere I can

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 4/9/2018 at 12:56 PM, Salty2305 said:

Hi everyone!

I flew out to the US at the end of October and we got married December 16th. Only just now getting round to applying. Hopfully sending it out at the end of this week :)

If anyone else is doing a K2 AOS please let me know!

Hello, sounds like we are in the same situation. We got here in December and are hoping to send out our AOS packet this week as well. It has been a very frustrating week.... We ended up going in to get my husbands medical stuff transcribed only to be told they wouldn't do it there but would have to pay $400 to get the whole medical done over if we wanted the Civil Surgeons signature. It was such a dodgy place as well. I am really hoping they know what they're doing. Can someone please tell me if they have all the paperwork for the medical or if I need to fill anything else for that part out because they looked at what I had like they didn't have a clue and I do not want to get rejected and have to go through this all over again. Hoping for the best .....

Timeline
21 hours ago, Matiela said:

this is a super confusing subject I've been reading some threads about this and decided (though without 100% certainty it will be OK, as always with USCIS :rolleyes: ) to not do the civil surgeon thing. why? it seems that if you have the DS-3025 (vaccination documentation worksheet - the one the overseas doctor filled for you) with the correct combination of checkboxes, and that happened less than a year before AOS, it's enough. here's what I'm basing my decision on: 

I thought better safe than sorry and now I am kicking myself. Should have just sent in what I had :(

Timeline
21 hours ago, Matiela said:

oh and I have a question of my own! I have two sponsors (my wife and her mom). in the very first question, my wife marked "I am the petitioner. I filed or am filing for the immigration of my relative" and my mom in law marked "I am the only joint sponsor". to other double-sponsorees: did you use the same options? or did you use the checkboxes in "I am the [  ] first [  ] second of two joint sponsors" for each affidavit? or something else? the people making the forms really hate it when things are clear and straightforward, don't they? and I found opposing opinions about this here on VJ...

thank you!! :)

Omg this is so confusing. I am using my mom as a sponsor and not sure if we both fill out our separate I-864 form or if I fill out the I-864 and my mom fills out the I-864A. There are no clear answers anywhere.....

Timeline
3 hours ago, EmmaEwane said:

Hey guys!! April filer Here! So I sent our I-129F package to the Dallas Lockbox April 5th 2018, and I received the email today that our file was accepted and it was sent to the CSC. Our receipt hard copy is on its way. Now the official wait begins. Good luck to each and everyone!!!

Yay so exciting. Good luck!

Timeline
1 hour ago, EmmaEwane said:

Oh I am sorry!! I just now read and saw! Thank you. I was just concerned as I am seeking help anywhere I can

Message me if you like. I can help you with the k1 questions. I'm British and came from England to america. My husband is American. So I'll try and help you with any questions as I've been through the k1 process 😊

Timeline
3 hours ago, krissy002 said:

Omg this is so confusing. I am using my mom as a sponsor and not sure if we both fill out our separate I-864 form or if I fill out the I-864 and my mom fills out the I-864A. There are no clear answers anywhere.....

You're the us citizen? So you fill out the form 864 and you are using a cosponsor - so your mom would fill out the same form.

The 864a is for if say, your moms partner wants to help sponsor too. Hope that makes sense 

Edited by ChristaandJosh

Timeline
On 4/3/2018 at 5:57 AM, kat.cap13 said:

Hi! Thanks for starting this thread.

I submitted my application on March 23rd, and it was received on the 25th. Still waiting on a text/ email notification as well. 

Ours was received April 2nd, sent March 28th.. still no cashed checked and getting nervous.

My husband needs to work!! He needs purpose and he’s getting sullen without having a job and income.

Timeline

Anyone else the beneficiary from the U.K? to AZ?

As far as we know, AZ, and many other states allow U.K. drivers licenses as valid.

very similar to the Canadian snowbirds who don’t have to get a drivers drivers license for every state they drive in.

hmmmm..🤨

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.