38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I did not find a previous topic on this so I created one.

I think it will be great to help each other giving Venezuela current situation.

Information as:

*Problems with SAIME 

*Doctors examination

*Embassy Process in CCS

*etc

i'm the petitioner currently living in the USA in new jersey to be more specific.I grow up in Venezuela so I kind of know how to move around there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi. Here you can see previous threads of what other VJers posted in the past. 

Venezuela US Consulate Reviews

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Venezuela

I traveled to Caracas Venezuela less than 10 years ago for work and I had the greatest time there .  Sad to see what that country has to go through now. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Sunnyland said:

Hi. Here you can see previous threads of what other VJers posted in the past. 

Venezuela US Consulate Reviews

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Venezuela

I traveled to Caracas Venezuela less than 10 years ago for work and I had the greatest time there .  Sad to see what that country has to go through now. 

Thank you for sharing!!!! :)

Timeline

Hi,

Thank God I found this. I am also the petitioner and my Fiancé is currently living in Venezuela. We used to meet in Aruba as well but this month we are meeting up in Cuba for a change of scenery. We filed in Feb because it took forever for him to get all of his information together and mailed her because the lawyer wanted the originals and things notarized. Since I have never been to Venezuela, due to it's current situation, I am trying to decide if I should travel there for the interview, once we schedule it, to give us a better chance. What are you guys thinking as far as the interview.He was previously denied a visa because he did not own land there. I am also considering just visiting Maracaibo in August to officially meet his family. My friends and family all are against me traveling there but they also aren't in this situation. Ps I am originally from NJ

Timeline

Hi!

Only those who have their love ones in Venezuela understand the struggle. It is great that you are able to see each other even in another country.

I haven't seen my fiance since January 2017 because i'm trying to save my vacations days and he doesn't have a visa to come visit me in Jersey.

Are you fluent in Spanish? Talking in a different language in Venezuela can be Dangerous.

Timeline

Hi 

Well according to the US embassy in Ccs page the price is 165.000 bolivares, but my fiance just called one of the embassy doctor and the secretary said that prices are out of date.

The current price is 8 millions plus vaccinations and takes 3 to 4 weeks to get the test results.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Vivianna said:

Hi 

Well according to the US embassy in Ccs page the price is 165.000 bolivares, but my fiance just called one of the embassy doctor and the secretary said that prices are out of date.

The current price is 8 millions plus vaccinations and takes 3 to 4 weeks to get the test results.

Thanks for the information. How much is it to convert 8 millions bolivares into US dollars? The currency exchange rate is very confusion from Venezuela.

Timeline

Wel $1 dollar is 291,000 bolivares, so the 8 millions bolivares would be around $28 dollars.

If you have Instagram you can follow a page called dolartodya which updates the dollar price in Venezuela everyday.

Edited by Vivianna

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi Paisano

I strongly suggest to read the reviews of our embassy...things have changed a lot since I got my k1 visa on 2012 but many remains the same.

Coincidentally, tomorrow I celebrate 6 years since I moved to the States right after I got my k1 visa approved. It's crazy how time flies when you are having fun!

at what stage of the process are you today?

the best of lucks!

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline
19 hours ago, Vivianna said:

Hi,

We are waiting for NOA2.

I will definitely read about the CCS embassy.

Thank you ;)

that's the worst part hahahahahahahaha but I see is not taking too long....after the noa2...you still have a process to follow but is a lot quicker...and in a blink of an eye you will going to an interview.

feel free to reach out!

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline
2 hours ago, Andrea&Henry said:

that's the worst part hahahahahahahaha but I see is not taking too long....after the noa2...you still have a process to follow but is a lot quicker...and in a blink of an eye you will going to an interview.

feel free to reach out!

Is day 140 for us waiting on the NOA2. I haven't since my fiance since January 2017. 

I just cant wait for this journey to be over and have him here with me.

Timeline
On 4/20/2018 at 12:26 PM, Vivianna said:

Is day 140 for us waiting on the NOA2. I haven't since my fiance since January 2017. 

I just cant wait for this journey to be over and have him here with me.

I know how you feel, is tough!

But it's so worthy at the end!! Going through an atypical relationship especially a relationship facing this type of hardship makes your relationship stronger. it does makes a difference in a long run

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline
On 4/5/2018 at 6:37 PM, Dawn&Jose said:

Hi,

Thank God I found this. I am also the petitioner and my Fiancé is currently living in Venezuela. We used to meet in Aruba as well but this month we are meeting up in Cuba for a change of scenery. We filed in Feb because it took forever for him to get all of his information together and mailed her because the lawyer wanted the originals and things notarized. Since I have never been to Venezuela, due to it's current situation, I am trying to decide if I should travel there for the interview, once we schedule it, to give us a better chance. What are you guys thinking as far as the interview.He was previously denied a visa because he did not own land there. I am also considering just visiting Maracaibo in August to officially meet his family. My friends and family all are against me traveling there but they also aren't in this situation. Ps I am originally from NJ

My fiance is in Maracaibo and we have met in Aruba due to the proximity and the cheap cost to fly there.  Thank God the border recently opened again.  My fiance does not suggest coming for the interview with everything going on.  He said they will target me since I'm American. 

It's so hard being here and feeling so helpless.  He just told me they are going on 14 hours without energy :(  This process is hard, but when our loved ones are in Venezuela, it's even harder...and getting harder by the day for them there. :(:(:( 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.