apple21

Parents apply for B2 tourist visa

9 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please I need info on what questions were asked to your parents when they applied for a B2 tourist visa (doesn’t matter the outcome)? Thanks so much! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

The CO asked my mom a couple questions...

What is the reason of the trip?

Who do you have in US? 

How long your daughter (me) has been living there in US?

How long will you stay there? Where?

Who will pay for your trip?

Do you have family in Argentina? (My mom resides there)

What do you for a living?

Questions like this. These are the questions I remember she told me. It could have been more.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, apple21 said:

Just an update. Both my parents were approved today! 👍🏼👍🏼

Excellent news!!

There have been quite a few parents that get approved for tourist visas in this past year.

Friends of our have had her mom visiting with them for the past 6 months, she will be flying home this weekend after a 6 month visit.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Questions asked by American consul: 

1.  Where are you traveling?

2.  What’s the purpose of your visit?

3.  Is your daughter married?

4.  How long has your daughter been in the US?

5.  What’s your middle name for your single status?  (This pertains to my mom’s maiden name.)

6.  What’s the status of your daughter?

7.  What’s your occupation? (My parents are both retired now but they stated their previous occupations.)

8.  How long will you stay in the US?

My parents were interviewed together.

No additional documents needed. 

They just brought their passports and DS160 confirmation sheets and that’s it... Visas Approved! 👍🏼

Edited by apple21

Timeline

Questions asked by American consul:
    1.  Where are you traveling? We will travel to Los Angeles, California. 
    2.  What’s the purpose of your visit? We will visit our daughter Apple21. 
    3.  Is your daughter married? Yes. 
    4.  How long has your daughter been in the US? She’s been in the US for 4 years already. 
    5.  What’s your middle name for your single status? (This pertains to my mom’s maiden name.)
    6.  What’s the status of your daughter? She is a Lawful Permanent Resident. 
    7.  What’s your occupation? I am retired now but previously I was a public school teacher (and my dad was an insurance underwriter). 
    8.  How long will you stay in the US? We will stay there for 2 weeks only.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.